HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2011, 04:32 PM
Dublin Ireland
Joined Aug 2005
865 Posts
Stoneforcer
Did you find the steering arm was hitting the mounting bolt on the front of the eflite retract unit? This is reducing the movement of the wheel. I suppose I will have to drill it out and counter sink it for a countersunk screw or do you have another Idea.
Cheers
Steve
Ps. Tam did you come across this?
STEVEAIR2 is offline Find More Posts by STEVEAIR2
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2011, 08:32 PM
High Dynamic Thrust
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Feb 2007
2,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEAIR2 View Post
Stoneforcer
Did you find the steering arm was hitting the mounting bolt on the front of the eflite retract unit? This is reducing the movement of the wheel. I suppose I will have to drill it out and counter sink it for a countersunk screw or do you have another Idea.
Cheers
Steve
Ps. Tam did you come across this?
yes, i had the same issue. I'll have to go take a look at how I addressed that one. Was a while back...

Tam should take note of that, along with providing a mount that utilizes the stock blind nuts.

IM having an issue with the CC 160hv tonight. I fired it up since getting my fan back, but the esc hits something like a LV cutoff effect at 1/4 throttle. I'm going to plug it back into my pc to see what settings are. THought i programmed this thing months back.
stoneenforcer is online now Find More Posts by stoneenforcer
Old Apr 18, 2011, 09:09 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Sorry not
Mounting the nose gear is so simple. The original blind nut only can fit 2 holes to the L-bracket I supply with the gear. The other two just drill new holes and use self taping screw. That is all you had to do.
The Spark was make for the spring air gear. When using different gear had to make minor adjust. No big deal.
But asking me to make new bracket is exact match to the Spark is kind of high cost for small quanity. I make the L-Bracket for my mini gear by a thousand to cut the cost. Ask me to make another 1000 to match each plane is not cost effective. You don't want me add another $30 cost for each set gear I sold do you?
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:47 AM
High Dynamic Thrust
Joined Feb 2007
2,312 Posts
Steveair2, I redrilled my mounts. I also trashed the stock steering servo mount and repositioned my servo very close to the retract. A very short push rod with less slop. This fixed the throw issue.

Tam, you retracts are awesome! Mine are installed and working perfect!

Now if someone could help me with my esc!! ICE160HV, 10s. at 1/4 throttle its acts like low voltage cutoff. Also when powered up, no green light. just a yellow. what gives?? programming??
Old Apr 19, 2011, 02:08 PM
Dublin Ireland
Joined Aug 2005
865 Posts
Thanks Stoneforcer.
I might try that.
I also have a castle HV 160. It's next to do so if you want me to try any set ups let me know. I had a simular problem with a CC 125 that drove me nuts so I can understand where you are coming from.
Cheers
Steve
STEVEAIR2 is offline Find More Posts by STEVEAIR2
Old Apr 19, 2011, 02:30 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,127 Posts
What do you gues think about the 100-45 fan and HET 700-83-1080? I was thinking of using 11-12s with this set up?

Brian
Tumbler is offline Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Apr 19, 2011, 04:44 PM
High Dynamic Thrust
Joined Feb 2007
2,312 Posts
what timing settings should I be using for my 1521 1.5 ??? anyone?

Im currently set on low timing and 8kh.

Its an obvious timing issue.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 06:39 PM
The blade numbers go up to 11
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2002
4,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
What do you gues think about the 100-45 fan and HET 700-83-1080? I was thinking of using 11-12s with this set up?

Brian
Brian, 12S will be too much for this motor, 10S will give you a bit over 4kW which will be heaps, or 11S for closer to 5kW.

Stu.
stumax is offline Find More Posts by stumax
Old Apr 19, 2011, 06:40 PM
The blade numbers go up to 11
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2002
4,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneenforcer View Post
what timing settings should I be using for my 1521 1.5 ??? anyone?

Im currently set on low timing and 8kh.

Its an obvious timing issue.
I'd go back to all default settings and run it. If it doesn't run then that would indicate there's a problem with the esc, as I run default settings except for the LVC setting.

Stu.
stumax is offline Find More Posts by stumax
Old Apr 20, 2011, 05:29 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Guys I am still thinking of the choice for batteries.

You guys have batteries up to 5800mah from Hobbycity.

I did a check and came up with the following:

5800mah 5s 30 Turnigy: 776grams

What I want:

Hyperion 5400mah 5s 35c : 745 x2 <-grams
Hyperion 5500mah 5s 35c : 760 x2 <-grams
Hyperion 6500mah 5s 35c : 867 x2 <-grams

So 2x Turnigy Batteries do fit the CG nicely.

The CC 160HV ESC would be above the EDF Unit. The RX Batteries can be moved back and forth to get the correct cg.

I would rather take those 6500mah batteries, but if I get CG problems then rather not. Also I want to keep my Spark as light as possible.

What do you guys think?

Regards

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Old Apr 20, 2011, 05:35 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jul 2006
592 Posts
I run 5800's and one set of NanoTech's(Nano's dead now) 6000mah (10 cell). To get it to balance i had the CC160 at the rear of the canopy. Both my 750 2 cell Lipo's for the radio at the rear wing mounting bolt. My RX was also directly opposite the SM110-45. The brake and retract servo's and air-valves opposite the fan as well. Keep it all back as far as possible. And it balances nicely

Chris
icicles is online now Find More Posts by icicles
Old Apr 20, 2011, 06:56 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icicles View Post
I run 5800's and one set of NanoTech's(Nano's dead now) 6000mah (10 cell). To get it to balance i had the CC160 at the rear of the canopy. Both my 750 2 cell Lipo's for the radio at the rear wing mounting bolt. My RX was also directly opposite the SM110-45. The brake and retract servo's and air-valves opposite the fan as well. Keep it all back as far as possible. And it balances nicely

Chris
Chris, honestly, I don't think this is the best option for me to install everything out in the rear of the jet, especially not RX Batteries, it would be to inconvenient to take them out and charge them.

So I think I would be going with these 5500mah Packs which weight around 750gramms each.

I want the CC ESC above the EDF Unit installed. Both RX Packs on both sides of the fuselage.

Since I am going electric, I will need to use only the brake Valve.

The RX Remains in the Front where it was needed to be.

I hope to get my Jet likes this Balanced.

Pascal.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:10 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jul 2006
592 Posts
fair enough, i have to take mine apart to get it to and from the field, so it's not a big issue for me. I don't charge my RX lipo's on board for obvious reasons.

Good luck all the best, hope it all goes well

Chris
icicles is online now Find More Posts by icicles
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:08 AM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,127 Posts
Thanks Stu! I see a few guys mounted their receiver under wing to the side of the intake. I never thought about doing that before but seems to make a lot of sense rather than run long extensions into the nose if you don't have to. As long as the receiver is not right next to the fan, is there any problem mounting it back there??

Thanks,

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumax View Post
Brian, 12S will be too much for this motor, 10S will give you a bit over 4kW which will be heaps, or 11S for closer to 5kW.

Stu.
Tumbler is offline Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:15 PM
EDF Jet Jam 2015, May 28-31st
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,733 Posts
The Comp-ARF pilot places his radio components aft of the wing as he runs large packs. no problems.
Robert Belluomini is online now Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini