HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2007, 01:24 AM
Joined Aug 2007
119 Posts
Discussion
Possible Futaba R156F 6CH micro receiver problem...

Ok, I had this receiver on a helicopter and it worked fine.

I just got a new helicopter and right after I plugged the Align 35A esc into the receiver and the battery on the other end, there was a brief moment of smoke, generally around the ESC and some bad burnt smell. Needless to say, I unplugged the battery from the ESC as quickly as I could.

I kept on doing my setup of the new heli and when it came time to program my other ESC (that I swapped from the heli that was previously working), the motor did not want to start and the chirps that normally come after I power the thing up did not happen. I tried with full throttle, with no throttle and nothing. No power to the motor. All other channels seem to be working fine.

I did cut the sticker on the receiver and openned it up, there is no visible sign that any of the circuitery being fried...

I also tried to connect just the battery and the possible faulty ESC Align 35A and the ESC is getting pretty hot pretty quick. Is the ESC supposed to get hot when there is no motor running on the other side of it?

I am sort of a newbie and I was wondering:

1- Is it possible tha the ESC is screwed up?
2- Is it possible that a faulty ESC could have fried my receiver?
3- This receiver is a 72 Mhz, I have a remote that goes with that (obviously with the same crystal) what can or should I replace the possibly fried R156F with?

Thanks.
Whistler71 is offline Find More Posts by Whistler71
to remove ads between posts