SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 05, 2007, 12:16 AM
Where's the lift?
United States, WA, Snohomish
Joined Mar 2001
2,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogflyer

Has anybody tried a conversion of the Electrifly Fokker DR-1? That looks like it may be a good one for the OS .10 FP or LA.

Hogflyer
Hogflyer,

Here's a pic of my Electrifly SE-5A, with an OS10FP in the nose. Great flyer, great combo. Can't see why the Fokker wouldn't be a superb choice for the OS10 as well.
dgliderguy is offline Find More Posts by dgliderguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2007, 07:42 AM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Feb 2007
167 Posts
little Extra

servos = hitec 55's
rx = berg 7ch
motor = os .10 fp
prop = 7x5 and 7x4
bebopgolf is offline Find More Posts by bebopgolf
Old Dec 05, 2007, 10:26 AM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Hogflyer - My Lil Extra uses GWS naro max BB servos, a berg 5 receiver, an OS .10LA(used to have a Norvel .074, but somebody else offered more for it than I paid new) and a 7x3 MAS prop.
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Old Dec 05, 2007, 09:24 PM
Master of the Figure "9"
Wichita, Kansas
Joined Dec 2005
1,709 Posts
If you guys are flying a .10 FP/LA with no problem, I think the .10 FSR may just be what the doctor ordered. Thanks!

Hogflyer
hogflyer is offline Find More Posts by hogflyer
Old Dec 06, 2007, 09:32 PM
Joined Jul 2007
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgliderguy
Hogflyer,

Here's a pic of my Electrifly SE-5A, with an OS10FP in the nose. Great flyer, great combo. Can't see why the Fokker wouldn't be a superb choice for the OS10 as well.
Yes, that wouldn't sound right with an electric buzz! I heard a diesel that sounded even better than glow. Hope you have a lot of caster oil in the fuel, for the smell. Don't see how you could improve the appearance.
david.ingham is offline Find More Posts by david.ingham
Old Dec 07, 2007, 07:40 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Feb 2007
167 Posts
e-flight conversion!

E-flight with four stroke 30
Old Jan 07, 2008, 07:59 PM
High Roller designer
Londonderry NH
Joined Mar 2005
1,414 Posts
Great thread everyone I hope to see some video of that extra 260 fly maybe a bit of 3D with it also. I fly electric,glow and gasoline and I enjoy all of them, with todays focus being anything 3D it comes down to thrust and small glow engines turn such a small prop they are not suited to flying 3D well. I've played around with building gearboxes for my norvel .074, OS 15la and a very well worn but still running great enya 25X and in the end they are just to heavy but do work, it's fun running a 12" prop on the .074 and the motor screaming at 25,000 rpm's. One thing I miss when flying electric is the smoke, there is nothing better that doing a tail slide down through a big cloud smoke after a some hovering or some on the deck tic-toc's with the glow heli but on the electric side it's fun to go flying at midnight with lights on the plane with a few flying buddys and play follow the leader.. I won't go on and on but I will say this fly what you like with the power system of choice and don't worry about what others think, if it makes you smile then the job is complete.......Impact
Impact is offline Find More Posts by Impact
Old Jan 08, 2008, 03:24 PM
your gonna snap the wings
covina CA
Joined Aug 2007
210 Posts
im putting a ap hornet .09 on my hobbyzone super cub.

all the electronics were heavier so i decided to put the engine on rather than the elec, motor.il post some pics and more info and hopefully a vid within the week.
rctoyflyer is offline Find More Posts by rctoyflyer
Old Mar 16, 2008, 08:45 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Feb 2007
167 Posts
it wold be nice to get our own fourm in the nitro plane section to consolidate all the great things people are doing with electric to nitro conversions!
Old Mar 16, 2008, 10:09 PM
your gonna snap the wings
covina CA
Joined Aug 2007
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebopgolf
it wold be nice to get our own fourm in the nitro plane section to consolidate all the great things people are doing with electric to nitro conversions!

i definitely agree.weve been talking about this in another thread.
rctoyflyer is offline Find More Posts by rctoyflyer
Old Mar 17, 2008, 12:52 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,677 Posts
I have put a .25 on a Mini PulseX, it awaits maiden : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834526

I woudl liek to try a .15 on my E-Flight 540 BP, but I like it too much to get it all greased up, but I'd like to try the Cap sense it has more wing area and I like the scheme!

I have also thaught about an .049 on a Slow Stick, but havent gotten around to it yet.

Here is a Mini Funtana from RCU : http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2710733/tm.htm
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Mar 17, 2008, 02:06 PM
quick, stretch into a monster!
Everett, WA
Joined Apr 2007
978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebopgolf
i'll put in a suggestion for a new forum. who would be a mod with me?

Regards,

Nick.
Mr.Me is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Me
Old Mar 17, 2008, 02:26 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,677 Posts
I think the E to Glow forum would be GREAT!

Im All For It!
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Mar 17, 2008, 02:49 PM
Zagreb, CROATIA
Joined Jun 2002
133 Posts
100% agreed!

Sick and tired of either overpriced or puffed LiPo's and pretty much frustrated about having my OS 25FX homeless for a while.

Really can't understand why all those ARF producers underestimate 40" to 50" sized glow plane range. Didn't they learned anything from GP Combat Corsair success, just for example.
borisp is offline Find More Posts by borisp
Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:07 PM
Pirkkala, Finland
Joined Jan 2005
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake
I have also thaught about an .049 on a Slow Stick, but havent gotten around to it yet.
Don't you think a 6x3 prop would be a bit too small. What about an E-Starter, maybe?

As I already stated in an other thread, I agree an E => glow forum would be a nice idea.
Jupeli is offline Find More Posts by Jupeli