HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2008, 09:38 PM
Joined Oct 2007
174 Posts
My Seagull Extra is on hold until I find the muffler for my Saito 40. I got the firewall worked out, all the servos, and the cowl cut for the Saito. I do have a OS 48 Surpas, I wonder if it would be too much. MY wife has a digital camera and wont take pics. I will slap her and post some guys.
bobsonjazoe is offline Find More Posts by bobsonjazoe
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2008, 12:28 AM
Joined Oct 2007
174 Posts
muffler found! here are some in progress pics.
Last edited by bobsonjazoe; Sep 06, 2008 at 12:36 AM.
Old Sep 06, 2008, 12:33 PM
grant me the serenity....
philly
Joined Feb 2007
227 Posts
looking good
avocado flyer is offline Find More Posts by avocado flyer
Old Sep 06, 2008, 01:18 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,631 Posts
Beautifull!
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Sep 06, 2008, 04:17 PM
Joined Oct 2007
174 Posts
just got most of it done. I went with a Dubro 6 oz tank and its going to have to be shoehorned in. After many hours of trial and error with the throttle servo and pushrod, I ended up just making something from scratch. I decided to use some carbon fiber for elevator supports. A friend said they always break at the elevator so I just did something simple and light. I dont like the cowl after the muffler cut out, so I will order a new one and use my hack job as a template for the new one. I hope to fly it Sunday, but I aint going to rush it. Progress pics to follow.....
Old Sep 07, 2008, 09:13 PM
Joined Oct 2007
174 Posts
I flew it. The plane made it out alive! This plane will hover at 1/2 throttle. The worst thing that happened was a cowl screw fell out. Even on low rates the plane is radical. It rolls so fast I have to really pay attention to what side is up. Flys upside down without any down elevator. No wing rock at slow/ no speed. I am real happy with it. I am going to dial in a bit more expo and program my radio for rudder / aileron mixing and this bird will be perfect. I will post some more pics with video later.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 03:14 PM
go big or stay home
taneyville mo
Joined Nov 2007
255 Posts
mini eflight edge 540 nitro

here is my mini edge 540 converted to glow
it has a thunder tigre gp.10
beefed up the firewall added spruce spars through the wings and epoxeied the wings on will not come off
sullivan round 2oz tank ,5 micro hitec servoes,jr radio and receiver
getting ready to add a better landing gear setup
the cowling trim job sucks please over look it
getting ready to order a new one
kcomqg is offline Find More Posts by kcomqg
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:12 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Oct 2006
2,334 Posts
Hey guys, this thread is effin awesome! I have a never ran OS.15 la and I want to spin a larger prop but with lower pitch, trying to get it to 3D. I know the CV-A will 3D, but I couldnt find one cheap. (Traded an AXI 2212/34 for an OS.15la) Does any one have any ideas on how to break it in and what prop and what size gas tank to run?

Im planning to put it in a 16oz (As electric) profile from Aeroworks... but UPS damaged it on the 26th, I called AW up and they said they will send me a new one.. week later and nothing..called them up again and they said they had no record of me ever reporting a damage claim. I went on RCU, explained my situation and the President of AW called, said I have a new plane on the way..It should be here on 9/15 but UPS site says it is in Colorado still.

This is the candidate:

http://aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=294

Its designed for an AXI 2208/34 swinging a 10x4.7 (which is unreal, the 2212/34 swung that prop) I weighed the damaged frame and its 7.3 ounces with E motor mount and that stuff. The AXI 2208 spins a 9x3.75 APC sf. I think the OS.15 LA will spin an 8x4 which isnt too dramatic of a difference.

Im estimating a 20-22 ounce MAX RTF weight.. most likely 20 ounces though.

I was going to get a her little extra, but was told it was an aerobatic plane, not 3D and I should look for something in this weight range.
ziomatrixacs is offline Find More Posts by ziomatrixacs
Old Sep 15, 2008, 07:20 PM
Pónle alas a tu vida
México, D.F.
Joined Aug 2007
412 Posts
This is my elctric to glow Mini Telemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcomqg
here is my mini edge 540 converted to glow
it has a thunder tigre gp.10
beefed up the firewall added spruce spars through the wings and epoxeied the wings on will not come off
sullivan round 2oz tank ,5 micro hitec servoes,jr radio and receiver
getting ready to add a better landing gear setup
the cowling trim job sucks please over look it
getting ready to order a new one
Hi I have some planes converted to glow. This is an example but if you want to see more this is the link.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post10555619
laregraf is offline Find More Posts by laregraf
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:15 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Oct 2006
2,334 Posts
Well, I just got my plane in the mail today, had it finished as electric in just 5 hours. Im preping the nose to accept both E and G motors for convenience. The axi 2208/34 that the plane is designed for is supposedly equal to a .051 motor...supposedly.. I am putting a .15 in.
Ill post pictures tomorrow
ziomatrixacs is offline Find More Posts by ziomatrixacs
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:50 PM
Joined Oct 2007
174 Posts
dont mind the crack

http://supercub.vox.com/library/vide...bb2bd000e.html

http://supercub.vox.com/library/vide...ceb1e0005.html
Old Sep 16, 2008, 11:23 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Oct 2006