SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 26, 2008, 03:20 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Feb 2007
166 Posts
Hope to have Video tomorrow

I have readjusted my expo I will try to have someone video the flight!
bebopgolf is offline Find More Posts by bebopgolf
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2008, 11:25 AM
Foamphobic
Laguna Beach, Ca
Joined Dec 2003
416 Posts
I have successfully converted a Hyperion Yak 54 40e to glow. I went with a somewhat wimpy OS .46ax. It flies the plane decently but nowhere near the 3D performance this model is capable of but is very effective sport flier. I think the biggest drawback for unlimited 3d, is the 12 inch prop. Ideally, this bird should be fitted with a Saito .62 or something of the like, spinning a 14 or even a 15 inch prop.
I'm using just one standard servo for elevator. All servos are Hitec 475s.
doublesixes is offline Find More Posts by doublesixes
Old Jul 27, 2008, 06:52 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,651 Posts
Yes, its the Mini Pulse--thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834526
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Jul 27, 2008, 07:20 PM
Foamphobic
Laguna Beach, Ca
Joined Dec 2003
416 Posts
Great job on that Mini Pulse. I've seen the electric version and they are fly really well.
I was hoping my Yak would show more stamina but the OS just doesn't cut it. It's either be happy flying it sport or change the engine for a 4s OS, Saito or YS but either of those options is a lot of bread and at this point I'm not willing to invest more cash on this project.
doublesixes is offline Find More Posts by doublesixes
Old Jul 27, 2008, 07:58 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake
Yes, its the Mini Pulse--thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834526
Looks good was just checking it out. I used to have the tribute profile foamy it would try to rip the tail off every time I hit the magic speed. It looked like a puppy dog wagging its tail happy to see its master.
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
Old Jul 28, 2008, 08:58 AM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,651 Posts
Haha, so did mine! Its tail would also twist to nearly 45* to the wings too, I fixed it with some side ribs/extentions, but it still wagged its tail
Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:38 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
I finished the shock and took it out today. It flies as good as it did before it turned to tooth pics
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
Old Aug 01, 2008, 10:26 AM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,651 Posts
Thats great, unclecrash!
Old Aug 11, 2008, 09:57 AM
Joined Oct 2007
174 Posts
Hello folks. After a long time off of anything to do with planes, I am back. MY next conversion is a Seagull extra. Its getting the Saito out of the pulse. I am also in the process of beefing up my Fliton extra to put a .09 on it. I will post some pics when I get a chance. Great job everyone on your conversions!
bobsonjazoe is offline Find More Posts by bobsonjazoe
Old Aug 11, 2008, 10:27 AM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,651 Posts
Welcome back, bobsonjazoe!

My next conversion is the Mini Ultrastick. im going to strap an OS CVA-15 on it, should produce power comperable to a .25 or .30 but with the weight of a .15

AUW of the plane should be about 28oz.!
Old Aug 11, 2008, 10:51 AM
Joined Oct 2007
174 Posts
hey, I have one of those laying around! I thought a .10 would be perfect for it! I also have a Das Not Ugly waiting to be maidened. Its got a Cox .049 on its nose with aileron and elevator only!
bobsonjazoe is offline Find More Posts by bobsonjazoe
Old Aug 12, 2008, 04:36 PM
Joined Aug 2008
5 Posts
I have recently moved back to small displacement glow, and converting electric. All the micro electonics have made it so much easier to have lighter/better performing planes

This is a Lanier DVII (38 inch wingspan and 37 oz)with an old .15 OS MAX III/ pitts muffler. It is a dream to fly, and sounds good too
Goof88 is offline Find More Posts by Goof88
Last edited by Goof88; Aug 12, 2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 05:46 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Feb 2007
166 Posts
Great lookin' Airplane Goof88

Wow that little Pitts muffler is Cool! A little off the topic Here is a picture of a J-5 Cub I flew Today It was a Blast
bebopgolf is offline Find More Posts by bebopgolf
Old Aug 12, 2008, 08:10 PM
HAWK3Y3
United States, VA, Hopewell
Joined Jun 2002
261 Posts
Super Sportster Ep With Os .25fx

I have been looking at smaller airplanes since I sold my truck and purchased a new Mustang GT. The rear seats fold down, but the smaller planes are more interesting anyway.

Purchased a Super Sportster EP from a LHS. Added a light plywood firewall and sealed it with silver Krylon spray paint. A quick clear coat after that and I replaced the 9.3 oz geared 550 with an OS .25FX. I did not weigh the battery but it is a heavy piece of lead. I replaced it with an 8 oz fuel tank. Ran the engine up tonight and it idled for 57'40", thats almost a full hour. At the throttle setting, I believe I can stay aloft for a good hour.

The maiden should be this weekend, weather and nerves permitting.
HAWK3Y3 is online now Find More Posts by HAWK3Y3
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:06 AM
grant me the serenity....
philly
Joined Feb 2007
227 Posts
Looking good guys, keep 'em coming

Here's my mini funtana / os.20 I built months ago and finally maidened last weekend.
It was a bit windy at the field so the plane was a bit jumpy and a bumpy landing ripped the landing gear and some covering off of the bottom. A little fiberglass and some epoxy and she's good to go again.
avocado flyer is offline Find More Posts by avocado flyer