Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 15, 2008, 09:31 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Ohhhh Yaaaa

I was a bit sceptical if the AP.09 would fly this plane. But not any more. I just fired it up in the basement for a quick throttle check to make sure it would hold an idle and hit full throttle. All I have is an 8x4 prop or was it 8x3 hmmm. But anyway I held it nose up and it leaned out so I richened her up.Then held it nose up again and it about was hovering it self. Not enough power to pull up but enough to just hang there. Then I hit throttle cut and evacuated the basement.
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2008, 10:30 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Feb 2007
166 Posts
Tuesday Pictures

Here are pic of a Lil Rascal with a tt .074
bebopgolf is offline Find More Posts by bebopgolf
Old Jul 16, 2008, 07:29 AM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Feb 2007
166 Posts
long over due video

e-flight Extra Flight Video with magnum .30 four stroke
E-flight Extra (1 min 52 sec)
Last edited by bebopgolf; Jul 20, 2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 01:58 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Feb 2007
166 Posts
little Rascal With A thunder tiger .074

Here Is A lil Rascal with a Thunder Tiger .074 this guy is awesome at Flying he does rolls with just rudder and elevator. it is not on the video but I have seen it with my own eyes
Lil Rascal (0 min 42 sec)
Old Jul 17, 2008, 10:05 AM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,641 Posts
I'd love to get a lil' rascal for my OS10!
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Jul 19, 2008, 07:44 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
CG SHOCK 3D Successful Maiden

Took her out to day for the maiden. She needed a few clicks of up and a couple clicks left aileron and she was flying really good. Im having trouble with it leaning out after a couple minutes flight. I think Im going to give her a new glow plug and a bit smaller prop.Also open up the front and bottom more. I have an issue also with are crappy crab grass field. She plopped on her nose and pushed the needle valve back which is no good because when its back you can't adjust it. Im going to see if I can spin it 180degree and have it on top. All in all I had fun.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 10:43 AM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Feb 2007
166 Posts
I Think There is somthing wrong with this Brushless

more video of the extra
Starting A fourr Stroke (0 min 32 sec)
Old Jul 21, 2008, 02:59 AM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Shock 3d= Lawndart

Well guys I got 7 or 8 flights on it till Aileron flutter and then I lost it. You can read more about at utube. Please ignore the guy in the video he has been flying maybe a year and a half and he don't know what he is talking about. I was trying an 8x3 and it wasn't liking it. He had no idea I even changed the prop for this flight. I had set the needle the same way I do for the last 23 years. It leaned out on the first run because It didnt like the big prop. The motor isn't new like he said either. It loked to be atleast broke in or close to it when I got it.
CG SHOCK 3D = LAWNDART (1 min 2 sec)
Old Jul 22, 2008, 08:25 AM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Feb 2007
166 Posts
Pitts is done!

This morning I flew The Pitts and it went well. I read the artical in Airplane about the Monster. I took off on low rates and I am really glad I did When I went to high rates it was a big hot mess so i went back to low rates and continued the rest of my flight that way. also my CG was right at the front edge of the lower wing. The pitts muffler is cool but does't give much pressure to the tank so i caped off one of the outletts. the os la was a good match for this plane but if I had the extra 20 bucks I would have used the FX
Old Jul 22, 2008, 04:36 PM
piro-maniac........
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Dec 2007
4,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclecrash
Well guys I got 7 or 8 flights on it till Aileron flutter and then I lost it. You can read more about at utube. Please ignore the guy in the video he has been flying maybe a year and a half and he don't know what he is talking about. I was trying an 8x3 and it wasn't liking it. He had no idea I even changed the prop for this flight. I had set the needle the same way I do for the last 23 years. It leaned out on the first run because It didnt like the big prop. The motor isn't new like he said either. It loked to be atleast broke in or close to it when I got it. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JiOPrNjc68g
Bummer It did look like fun......

Any videos bepopgolf!?!
GunnyGlow is offline Find More Posts by GunnyGlow
Old Jul 24, 2008, 08:20 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Feb 2007
166 Posts
pics. after First Flight

Here are some Pictures of The Monster After It's First Flight!
Old Jul 24, 2008, 11:16 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,641 Posts
Wow! That looks like the Giants! Fantastic job! Lets how it flies as good as it looks!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:36 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Shock rebuild

I wasn't going to rebuild it. It was a big mess but changed my mind. It was snapped right at the trailing edge of the wing. The former at the back of the canopy was in about 4 pieces. I added some 1/32 ply to the sides and bottom. It stiffened it right up. Both wing tips were mangled. My covering job ain't the best very rusty. I usually glass my planes.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 11:02 AM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,641 Posts
Looks great!

I just rebuilt my PulseXT .25!

I am also goign to put a Webrea .36 on the new 25E sized Pulse when its available!
Old Jul 26, 2008, 02:20 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake
Looks great!

I just rebuilt my PulseXT .25!

I am also goign to put a Webrea .36 on the new 25E sized Pulse when its available!
Thanks. Is the pulse an electric conversion,the one you have now?