SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2008, 10:00 AM
piro-maniac........
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Dec 2007
4,135 Posts
Lookin good bebop!! I'm really interested in how it will fly!!!
GunnyGlow is offline Find More Posts by GunnyGlow
Old Jul 13, 2008, 02:28 AM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
I bought some glue today. I finished gluing the other elev. half and rudder. and added the servo's for rudder and and elevator. Next figure a spot for the throttle servo.
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
Old Jul 13, 2008, 01:37 PM
quick, stretch into a monster!
Everett, WA
Joined Apr 2007
978 Posts
well be happy that you have the money for glue, i have 3 balsa planes that i wasnt built but i can't build them because i don't have the glue to build them... it sucks.

Regards.

Nick.
Mr.Me is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Me
Old Jul 13, 2008, 01:44 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Me
well be happy that you have the money for glue, i have 3 balsa planes that i wasnt built but i can't build them because i don't have the glue to build them... it sucks.

Regards.

Nick.
Don't feel bad most the stuff I get is charity. My friend knows the boat Im. He bought 2 edf jets and made a deal with me If I build them we both fly them. He funds the projects. The shock 3D he just gave me. But Im short 2 servo's and a battery. I just gutted a park flier for the berg 4 and 3 servo's but still need 2 more
Old Jul 13, 2008, 04:00 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
I got the throttle servo in. I was messing around with a slantflex tank 4oz. but it isn'yt going to work. I can just stuff it in the hole. But the front hits right where there is a little cross section of the mount so Im going to try a flat front tank when I get one. hate to have to put a smaller tank in. Any one know what kind of run time I would get on a 2oz.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 03:13 AM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
I installed the tank. Also reinforced the cowl with a bit of glass. Need a couple servo's for aileron's and a battery.
Last edited by unclecrash; Jul 14, 2008 at 03:18 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 06:30 AM
piro-maniac........
Joined Dec 2007
4,135 Posts
digging your progress uncle.......patiently waiting the vid of a maiden flight!!
I think it's gonna fly nice....looks as though it's a nice solid airframe!!
Old Jul 14, 2008, 01:51 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Thanks Gunny,After cutting out a few area's to put the tank in she is a bit weak in the sidws and nose. I have added a few pieces of carbon fiber, You can see them in the laast pic. Im going to add a couple more once I put everything in. Im a bit worried about the paint on the cowl melting wondering if I should get some clear ureathane to spray it with.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:07 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Well I got the canopy glued on. I have to catch up to my friend yet for the 2 servo's.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:09 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Feb 2007
168 Posts
Motor Mount Pics.

Here are some more pictures. I took Pictures with both the Pitts Muffler And the stock Muffler to show that you could do this without the pitts muffler (an extra $30) I might add that the stock muffler would also fit with only a Small Exit hole in the cowl.
bebopgolf is offline Find More Posts by bebopgolf
Old Jul 15, 2008, 09:48 AM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,778 Posts
Wow! That motor fits great! Beautiful conversion, brother!
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Jul 15, 2008, 09:50 AM
piro-maniac........
Joined Dec 2007
4,135 Posts
The pitts muffler looks better...IMO. But it is a tuning nightmare....for me n e ways!
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:02 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,778 Posts
But the power will be better, as well as the sound, and you won't have to cut a big hold the in the front of the cowl for the LE of the pipe muffler...go with the pitts!
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Jul 15, 2008, 06:55 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
I almost have her finished. I gutted 2 servo's for the aileron's out of an old wreck I forgot about. I need to make a pirch for the battery. I have a little 5 cell
which when placed on top of the rudder,elevator servo's balances perfect. She is a bit portly. I think the box says 21oz.with 2100bat Im at 25oz. Or right around there I will check later.