SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 10, 2007, 08:32 AM
Joined Jul 2007
178 Posts
Discussion
USB interface cable for Phoenix?

Does anyone know were i can get the USB interface cable to run Phoenix with my stock blade cx2 remote? i emailed phoenix and they said they don't sell it seprate? is there anywhere else i can get this or does someone have a used one? thanks
boosst is offline Find More Posts by boosst
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2007, 02:08 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
I'll think you'll find that the interface forms part of the copy protection, so you won't be able to purchase one without having to purchase a compete retail package
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C
Old Sep 10, 2007, 11:08 PM
Joined Jul 2007
178 Posts
That is what i figured. I just didn't know if a cable from another sim would work or not. i guess i will just buy it new so i know everything will work correctly together. thanks
boosst is offline Find More Posts by boosst
Old Sep 11, 2007, 04:38 AM
Joined Apr 2006
41 Posts
hi boosst - good news the blade cx2 stickbox works without any additional adaptor, just get phoenix and the interface plugs straight in the 3.5mm socket on the back
burnside is offline Find More Posts by burnside
Old Sep 11, 2007, 04:35 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosst
That is what i figured. I just didn't know if a cable from another sim would work or not. i guess i will just buy it new so i know everything will work correctly together. thanks
Most USB interfaces emulate a "windows joystick", which is fine for FMS, Clearview and a few others. Phoenix, XTR, G3 and AFPD all used their own protocol to communicate between the interface and the software. Its this protocol that forms the main part of the copy protection, preventing people simply copying the Cd and using off the shelf "windows joystick" interfaces.

As for the Blade CX2 transmitter, you should be able to use the JR 3.5mm socket as Burnside states, which will connect to the Phoenix interface.
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C
Old Sep 11, 2007, 05:43 PM
Ade
Instructor
Bournemouth UK
Joined Aug 2002
1,836 Posts
yup just go to the phoenix website or any good LHS. you need the version suitable for JR. no adapters required.

Ade
Ade is offline Find More Posts by Ade