HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2010, 05:02 PM
Wiltshire England
Joined Aug 2010
170 Posts
Also guys,

where can i get letters and numbers for the fox? I want to scale it up as much as poss...
Heathy is offline Find More Posts by Heathy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2010, 05:17 PM
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
Also guys,

where can i get letters and numbers for the fox? I want to scale it up as much as poss...

You can use any paint you like, but not all will stick very well. Plastidip is one of the few that is pretty good though.
All the decoration on mine, including the registration markings, is all hand cut from Fablon. When ironed on it sticks far better than paint.
If you want letters and numbers, just get them to the correct font and size in Microsoft Word (or a similar programme), and print them out directly on to vinyl. Or as I did, print them on to paper, cut them out and then transfer them onto vinyl.
Ben D Wing is offline Find More Posts by Ben D Wing
Old Aug 12, 2010, 11:21 AM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,983 Posts
Yeah, just about any paint will work. I found that Multiplex "Elapor Primer" helps paint to stick to Windrider EPP...
Woodstock 1 is online now Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Aug 12, 2010, 12:44 PM
AMA 548304
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2009
311 Posts
fox

thought i would post my fox here
the wings were covered with packing tape and the ailerons are from 1 inch balsa stock and covered with monocoat ....original length..... the wing joiner carbon rod has piano wire inside for a little more weight and it does stop some of the flexing ... also in the canopy area near the receiver.... is a carbon rod that runs thru the hole to the wing saddle, i though this would be the first area to give way ... the magnet was removed from front of canopy to allow batteries to be moved foward and a dowel to replace the magnet on front of canopy .....the fox is a sweet flyer at 9 mph ....but it loves 30 mph winds .....
warhawk crazy is offline Find More Posts by warhawk crazy
Last edited by warhawk crazy; Aug 14, 2010 at 12:32 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 02:11 PM
Joined Dec 2009
85 Posts
i have to agrre with you there, mine gets her cruz on at around 6-8 mph but the last few time i flew was in crazy wind on mill hill and she loves it

skylark
slingsbyskylar is offline Find More Posts by slingsbyskylar
Old Aug 12, 2010, 03:00 PM
Wiltshire England
Joined Aug 2010
170 Posts
Had another blast tonight after work, all went well again although i managed to snap the nose off again and a wing tip and the tip of the rudder.

Time to get the glue out again

I might well buy another one for when i run out of glue
Old Aug 12, 2010, 05:34 PM
Good Times
Portland . Dorset . England
Joined Jun 2009
290 Posts
Heathy
Go out and buy a packet of BBQ bamboo scewers for Kebabs ,
Put 2 together and push them into the wingtip past the break up until they are past the Carbon spar, this will hold them far stiffer , and also holds the break inline , and do both tips the same , you just use wire cutters when the scewers are in far enough , snip and push the tips just under the surface of the EPP.

Try it m8, it works a treat ,
A cocktail stick will hold the rudder

Bob
Bobbyr is offline Find More Posts by Bobbyr
Old Aug 12, 2010, 06:23 PM
Wiltshire England
Joined Aug 2010
170 Posts
Bob,

Brilliant advice there mate cheers!!

I have just put some of that fiber glass tape along both edges and around the edge of both ailerons and elevator, which has gone some way to take out the flex, a quick fix until i get around to balsa!

Will get onto that BBq thing right away, in fact i think the wife has some stashed away somewhere.

Thanks again.......
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:54 PM
Good Times
Portland . Dorset . England
Joined Jun 2009
290 Posts
Your very welcome m8,
My wing tips are excellent , no flex but because its bamboo it can bend without snapping, when they do snap , pull em out and put 2 new ones in .
Also i swapped out the Ailerons for balsa , its a marked improvement over the foam , but in 25 mph winds when you pull up from a dive the balsa holds the wing stiffer which makes the plane far better .
Last one , use New stuff to cover the wing tops .

Then you have a great toy tough as old boot and twice as comfortable

Bob
Bobbyr is offline Find More Posts by Bobbyr
Old Aug 13, 2010, 02:45 PM
Balsa Builder. With some foam.
Eastern Norway Scandinavia
Joined Dec 2009
1,094 Posts
I had some fine flights with my new Fox after getting some trim advises from some senior RC pilots at the field. There was no wind, but the Fox floated nicely across the field.
I have mounted a hook, and use a light home made rubber up start to get it in the air when there is no wind. Still thinking of putting a motor and a folding propeller on my Fox, but a little concerned about carving all the foam in the nose. But it looks like a nice motor glider, so I will take a closer look tonight how to do it. Any advise about down and side thrust of the engine (or anything else) will be appreciated.
ArneHu is offline Find More Posts by ArneHu
Old Aug 13, 2010, 06:01 PM
Wiltshire England
Joined Aug 2010
170 Posts
Bob,

Tell me more about this new stuff?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:17 PM
"Still Crashing since 1960"
Pierre, SD, USA
Joined Dec 2001
1,112 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=935585

here you go

nut
rcairnut is offline Find More Posts by rcairnut
Old Aug 15, 2010, 08:51 AM
Sverige, Västernorrlands Län, Timrå
Joined Dec 2006
4 Posts
EDF Fox

Heres the video of the maiden flight of my fox with EDF:
Windrider EPP Fox Glider (1 min 47 sec)
dyngkasa is offline Find More Posts by dyngkasa
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:23 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,663 Posts
Some Fox videos uploaded:
http://www.windrider.com.hk/movie.asp

Ming Lou
Ming is offline Find More Posts by Ming
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 15, 2010, 12:55 PM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,813 Posts
I have been very happy with mine since I covered the whole plane in 3 mil new stuff. If I was to do it again I'd use 5 mil.

Still using the foam ailerons and even foam hinges on all surfaces. One of Mings servos is getting glitchy on the rudder, but otherwise doing very well. She flies well in the light stuff, and flies well in the heavier stuff. She carries OK speed, but bleeds energy quickly. She could use more weight to fix that. I love landing on the landing gear. I have finally figured out the best way to make a nice rolling landing.. Come in high and hot and then throw the spoilerons all the way up and control your glide slope. She will come in wonderfully most every time. If I try and float this plane in it usually gets tipped into a roll at the last second.

I also use this plane for CLOSE formation (she is such a smooth flier) and light combat. So far she has held up very well. I have some OK video in some heavier winds I should post up..

-Wayne

p.s. And she gets compliments everywhere I take her. Pilots, tourists, kids and adults. She is a crowd favorite in the air and on the ground.
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: FrSky in Chicago!