HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2010, 02:08 PM
Mayflower AR 24m WNW of Little Rock
Joined Mar 2007
231 Posts
Great shipping speed

Thanks Ming, received my 3 Fox's yesterday. Excellent service. Had just a cursory look at contents, looks pretty darn good.

Stan
Stan_in_AR is offline Find More Posts by Stan_in_AR
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2010, 04:06 PM
the best cat in town. :)
Joined Sep 2008
181 Posts
received my 2 !!!

THANK YOU !!
the-cat007 is offline Find More Posts by the-cat007
Old Apr 13, 2010, 03:59 PM
Mayflower AR 24m WNW of Little Rock
Joined Mar 2007
231 Posts
info on fox w/o going through 150+ pages

I have been able to gleen that cg is 1.5" from leading edge. Does the servo for rudder have to go in tail to balance on non-electric version?

TIA

Stan
Stan_in_AR is offline Find More Posts by Stan_in_AR
Old Apr 13, 2010, 04:35 PM
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
3,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan_in_AR View Post
..............Does the servo for rudder have to go in tail to balance on non-electric version?

TIA

Stan

No, not really, but just be aware that you may have to add a little ballast to get the CG correct depending on the weight of your hardware, with or without a rudder sevo.
Ben D Wing is online now Find More Posts by Ben D Wing
Old Apr 14, 2010, 03:47 AM
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,856 Posts
Well, I let my buddy fly mine 2 weeks ago and he tip stalled and crashed it pretty hard on the nose. Plane seemed fine, no worries. Then this weekend I threw her out for the first time and was surprised she needed a LOT of elevator trim. I flew around for a little while and landed nice and smooth. Opened the canopy to turn off the radio and discovered the fuse was busted between the wing and canopy. Amazing it flew so well.

I give my buddy a bad time about breaking the plane the week before. (all in good fun) I park the plane and for some reason let him fly one of my other planes. While he is flying it he is walking around and steps on the wing of the Fox!! He feels the wing under his foot and reacts by jumping up and over about a foot.... Yep, he landed right on the canopy area of the fuse!!! I watch as if in slow motion as the plane squishes and deforms into a new shape... Ahhhhh! He steps off.. I yell (some more)... The plane spit out the wings, but everything looks OK. Honestly I haven't even looked at fixing it yet...
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:19 PM
Slope Sauce
White Salmon WA
Joined Oct 2009
770 Posts
I finished my my Fox last night, maidened it today! I flew at one site but it was too gusty so I headed to another. I nervously tossed her up in the air, started flying around and things just weren't feeling right. I didn't know if it was the lift or a radio setting. I brought the Fox down safely and took out the 50% diff I had programmed in. Problem solved. I flew around for awhile becoming accustomed with the new bird, started getting the feel for it. The wind picked up and the wings were flexing quite a bit. I was having fun but I wanted to leave the slope with a plane intact so I landed and tossed my Weasel. My original intention was to build the plane heavy for high wind but I figured I'd try it in the light wind mode. It's currently weighing in at aprx 17oz. I felt like I wouldn't really want to fly it in any less than 15-20 and I just don't feel confident with the current wing flex. That being said, it's time for CF reinforcements! From the taste I had today I can tell this bird is going to be tons of fun when I'm not worried about the wings snapping off.
trees is offline Find More Posts by trees
Old Apr 21, 2010, 06:55 AM
Helsinki
Joined Nov 2005
15 Posts
Just trying to finish my EPP Fox, but is there some strange coating or what?
Both polyurethane glue and cyano (non-foamsafe) just rip off after they have dried.
Should I do some cleaning to the surfaces first?
erkki is offline Find More Posts by erkki
Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:13 AM
Slope Sauce
White Salmon WA
Joined Oct 2009
770 Posts
Do you have access to GOOP?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:26 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,712 Posts
Check what the shipping cost we charge now!

Ming Lou
Ming is offline Find More Posts by Ming
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 21, 2010, 08:57 AM
Helsinki
Joined Nov 2005
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trees View Post
Do you have access to GOOP?
Unfortunately not. Loctite, Bostik and Plastic Padding trade marks are the most common we have here.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 09:15 AM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkki View Post
Just trying to finish my EPP Fox, but is there some strange coating or what?
Both polyurethane glue and cyano (non-foamsafe) just rip off after they have dried.
Should I do some cleaning to the surfaces first?
Cleaning did not work for me ,the urethane clear aged and delaminated and looked scabby
I havent tried a light spray of contact glue as a primer yet, worth trying on some scrap EPP.
olmod is offline Find More Posts by olmod
Old Apr 21, 2010, 02:13 PM
Slope Sauce
White Salmon WA
Joined Oct 2009
770 Posts
Look for an adhesive with toluene/toluol. I believe the toluene acts as a solvent for oils allowing the adhesive to bond properly. These adhesives usually require significant ventilation or use outside of your living area. You can also clean the foam with denatured alcohol or rubbing alcohol.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 03:43 PM
Helsinki
Joined Nov 2005
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trees View Post
Look for an adhesive with toluene/toluol....You can also clean the foam with denatured alcohol or rubbing alcohol.
Thanks for advise, I already thought that the foam might have some oil contaminants in the surface (MPX Elapor and other EPP planes have been very easy to glue, with cyano or polyurethane glue). Maybe I could try acetone to clean the foam.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 06:22 PM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,528 Posts
It was acetone that i used BTW.
olmod is offline Find More Posts by olmod
Old Apr 21, 2010, 06:32 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,828 Posts
So gorilla glue doesn't stick to it properly then?

Goop doesn't seem to be easy to get in the UK either. I've looked before, and looked again today but no luck, apart from a very small tube as part of a set of samples of different glues, or somewhere that claims to sell it but is out of stock.

How about UHU POR?
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No