HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:09 PM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
A fitting conclusion

It was about 1:30 pm. Me, Adam and Dario had a Huge grassy field with a nice shady Ramada ALL TO OURSELVES..no cars, no houses, no people Dario and I just flew our TL 50's the rest of the afternoon. Adam had at least 3 RW's with him. He mixed it up with his TL 50, Demon lite, and TL60. Dario and me decided the TL 50's fit the way we like to fly the best. We got a little crazy We were all teaching each other moves and stuff. It was like a RW clinic. They taught me the Tas' Alabama Flip launch, which took me a while to learn, but something I needed to master. Dario announced he did a rolling loop, so we worked on those. I had never done anything close to one, but got a couple sloppy ones going.............and we Salmoned our gimballs off

Dario tried to Salmon on the off wing tip on a dare and lost a winglet and was very disappointed he might be done. But Adam whipped out a butane torch and heated up the tip of a hot glue gun and Dario was good to go for the afternoon. We burned so many batts I felt like a school kid with his friends on an endless summer break, perfect weather.........Time stood still. Nothing to do but chill out and have fun for hours............Finally we realized we had just sat for longer than we had sat all weekend..........and decided to call it a very satisfying day. That was a fitting conclusion to the weekend.

I cannot believe what a perfect weekend it was. I REALLY enjoyed each and every minute and spending time with all of you......The only thing better would have been to have Chris and Rich there. Special thanks to my very nice wife

I usually don't talk this much but in the 28 hours of driving.........I thought about this stuff
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger
Last edited by Charger; Sep 13, 2007 at 11:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:18 PM
Purples a fruit
United States, CA, Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
i'm looking forward to the next meet, heck, just for the good stories.

i wish we flew longer so you had more to tell. reading it is reliving the weekend.

good times.... good times.
punkrockd is offline Find More Posts by punkrockd
Old Sep 14, 2007, 12:14 AM
Luke 12:7
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a blast on Sunday as well. Wish we could have continued on Sunday too!

Charger... tell the story again! I can't help but grin as you tell it. Wait let me go watch Pauls 7up video again and then reread Chargers story of it.

So when are we doing this again?
reefboy is online now Find More Posts by reefboy
Old Sep 14, 2007, 12:30 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
As soon as i can get another motor for my 50... get my new FS built and Build my tl60.. Um how about this weekend HAHAHAHAH
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Sep 14, 2007, 10:05 AM
The other son of Daedalus
Sacramento, CA
Joined Nov 2004
1,136 Posts
Simply priceless.
memyselfandI is offline Find More Posts by memyselfandI
Old Oct 10, 2007, 02:38 PM
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
Video from 1st flight of the day

I'm a slacker... better late than never though.

A few disclaimers: video isn't the best. It was the first flight with all of us for the day. We were lucky to have a volunteer (eric's neighbor) video this for us. He wasn't as familiar with the camera so it does go out of foucs here and ther. All that said, it is still fun to watch the planes zipping by quickly while focused on wings in the background

Ritewing Gathering in Elk Grove, CA 09/08/07 (6 min 16 sec)
Old Oct 10, 2007, 03:10 PM
Livermore, CA
Joined Jan 2007
919 Posts
good job Scott. nicely done. the motor harmonies bring back the memories.
twilkers is offline Find More Posts by twilkers
Old Oct 10, 2007, 04:18 PM
Certified Riteaholic
San Marcos, CA.
Joined Oct 2003
649 Posts
Nice work Scott. Since I'm still stuck in the house recovering from surgery, your video feeds the need quite nicely.
joekoz is offline Find More Posts by joekoz
Old Oct 10, 2007, 06:45 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
Reef the vid is awesome,been watching it all day bro.
ck
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Oct 10, 2007, 08:58 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
That sound makes the hair on my arms standup and a smile grow across my face!

Only one thing could of made that day better, the King slacker himself should of been there!!!

Next time we need a minimum of 10 Ritewings in the air!

There was one extremely negative side affect about that day! Its no fun to fly by myself anymore!

Thanks Scott!
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Oct 10, 2007, 09:12 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
I am watchin it again rite now.
ck
Old Oct 10, 2007, 09:20 PM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Hey........Thanks Scott for posting that. I think it's quality is great!! At times that looked and sounded like a battle scene from Star Wars A week end to remember.............

The only thing that is missing is a big subwoffer..............There were some major vibrations going on!!
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger
Last edited by Charger; Oct 10, 2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 09:32 PM
Purples a fruit
United States, CA, Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
doesnt feel like it has been a month. time flys. i havent flown my 50 since then.

adam is rite. it is not as fun with out all the gang. i miss all you guys.

video is cool. i've watched it a few times now. what man wouldnt like that sound.

i've started collecting parts for 2 rw's. so far bought some jr dig servos. and a couple rx's.

almost done building a different wing, started on the mini fs, but the nose weight needed is killing me. CK, would the mini fs foil be at all good on a slope. i have the first version.

Quote:
The only thing that is missing is a big subwoffer..............There were some major vibrations going on!!
i have a woofer on my computer, crank it up and it sounds killer.
punkrockd is offline Find More Posts by punkrockd
Old Oct 10, 2007, 09:45 PM
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
Glad everyone liked it. I have fun playing around with editing the videos. Wish I could tape them and edit them but then I wouldn't be flying So that isn't going to happen any time soon..

It is fun watching the videos and see how the others are flying. Gives you ideas for the next time. For some reason I just like screaming around full throttle and banking tightly somewhat low to the ground... (well low for me). Watching Dario is fun as he is rolling a good portion of the time.

Adam, I totally agree about ruining it for flying by yourself. It just doesn't compare. Even flying with two people is a bit lacking. When everyone is flying there is only one speed... FULL THROTTLE!!!!

Charger - thanks again for initiating this. I still smile every time I watch it and listen to the audio while I work.

Joe- hope you are making a good recovery.

Paul - I still need to mail you the DVD with the raw footage. I'm slackn.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 09:45 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
Dario what is your power setup.Mine on a cc 25 1 3s 2100 and a razo 400 is the badest little wing I have evr flown.AUW with lipo is 21 oz.Ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockd
doesnt feel like it has been a month. time flys. i havent flown my 50 since then.

adam is rite. it is not as fun with out all the gang. i miss all you guys.

video is cool. i've watched it a few times now. what man wouldnt like that sound.

i've started collecting parts for 2 rw's. so far bought some jr dig servos. and a couple rx's.

almost done building a different wing, started on the mini fs, but the nose weight needed is killing me. CK, would the mini fs foil be at all good on a slope. i have the first version.

i have a woofer on my computer, crank it up and it sounds killer.