HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2007, 02:11 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Oh yeah,

Twilkers wins the coolest looking plane award, Charger wins the pimp hat award(hes prolly the only one left with a white neck) Punkrockd wins the craziest flier award by a split decision, I win the most crashes award(demon lite had issues).

One of the funnier moments was actually with Unicorns that look like they had been dug out of a grave! Their flesh was peeling off, you could see their guts "N" bones(spars), and one of them had the ability to nearly fold in half!

Punk and charger tried to combat these resurected planes and it was a hoot just watching them try and fly the zombies! So to make it more interesting I threw my 60 in the mix and tried to take them out. Due to the horrible handling and unpredictable characteristics of the zombie corns they were able to avoid my attacks! Unfortunatly the combat resulted in no strikes
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2007, 02:13 AM
Purples a fruit
United States, CA, Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
dont plan it just do it. seems to work better. remember baylands

sounds like chris needs to be the instigator. just do it man.
punkrockd is offline Find More Posts by punkrockd
Old Sep 09, 2007, 02:23 AM
Purples a fruit
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
Terry's plane was a nice corn. but the one i used was a beat up plane to say the least. that thing should be on life support. i'd pull the guts and try again.

will hopefully fly again with Terry tomorrow ( provided SVSS lets me fly there.)

i have read the posts (minus 2) over and over and am still ecstatic. please everyone. understand how happy i am. tearing up the sky was my complete pleasure, with you RW slackers. we should meet in the bay someplace next time. i will have to join AMA now.

Tim your plane is beautiful. Terry is a madman. the Salmon move will be mine in the near future. my opinion is that next time we do this in the bay. Scott, Tim, Paul. where can that happen., can it happen?
Old Sep 09, 2007, 02:24 AM
Luke 12:7
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
Can't stop grinning! I had way too much fun today!
Last time with Adam, Dario, and Eric happened to be my best experience to date. Now this definitely topped last time. We are going to need to start an even larger gathering of Ritewings on a regular basis. We can start our own RFF (Ritewing Fun Fly). Two - three day event every 3 months. Up for driving out again Charger? Maybe you can bring Chris with you next time.

I can't imagine doing what we were doing today any where near San Jose or milpitas unless someone is willing to let us use their land. Even then I'm sure the cops would be called out.

Winghead - next time we will give you a heads up.

Dario... how many mah were left on your rx pack? You were a madman with those a123! Time for me to convert more of my 4s packs over to the 5s
reefboy is online now Find More Posts by reefboy
Old Sep 09, 2007, 02:27 AM
Purples a fruit
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
i charged the rx pack and didnt even think to check the mah.

tx is on a cycle. i'll check next time i charge it after 8-11? flights without charge.... ore maybe i'll bring 2-5 rx packs. i'm buying 2 dewalt packs in the next month or so. 6 packs will keep me going all day long.

i had so much fun. it doesnt make sence in words.
Old Sep 09, 2007, 02:50 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
That feeling Dario is a feeling that defines the Ritewings perfectly.
You guys got to hang and share that feeling ,That is what keeps me so pasionate about them.
There is not any other planes on the market today that will make you feel this way.Hangin with Ritewing brothers who have experianced this is the iceing on the cake.
We always have some more room for new RW buds to hang with.So ifTo anyone new needs a reason to have a great long lasting the fun experiance I am here to help.
It was a great feeling When scott /Reefboy got his fs flyin he called me like 5 time and emailed me 3 times a day for a week with tons of excitement .
THAT IS AWESOME,I always have time for that ,it is a great feeling that you guys get so much fun and satisfaction out of my crazy scheems.

Thankyou all for being members of my the Ritewing family.
I will be flyin w you guys soon.
ck
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Sep 09, 2007, 03:25 AM
Purples a fruit
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
(i'm drunk) UFC is on having an awesome day and getting tired.

I'm sorry that i did not thank you. i am satisfied. i was honestly getting out of wings. i can no longer say that.

thank you. hard work plus people that believe in RW for the sole factor of having a solid superb flying wing, that allows me to fly ballistic speed and crazy shtick that i would otherwise never try.

i have another wing that i WAS building. i did honestly stop because i dont like it. not my style. i mean no harm other then person experience and opinion. i dont want to finish building. i will, because i promised a build.

anyway. Chris i will be happy to fly next to you. i've switched to A123 cells now, my opinion is that RW can and does taylor to alot of flying styles. i prefer more air time then all out speed. my answer to " how fast do you want to go " is prolly answered best at 100 mph WOT +,-. but the handling...... surpasses all. your time is noted in each build and flight.

i have friends that i never had before, guys that love at least one common interest that i would not know if it weren't for your hours, work and dedication to R/C wings.

how do I pay for that? in this instant, i have not paid enough. and gained so much. sure i plug, support and love RW. From experience, building, and flying i know i am dead on. i have now flown my RW 50 more today then any day's combined since completing my build.

i could keep going. but i am tired. long work day yesterday (just so we didnt have to work today.) and a long and satisfying day of flight.

today could only be better if it were my B-day

<---- still
Old Sep 09, 2007, 03:42 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
<------ Me too..

7UP Round II

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=17725196
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Sep 09, 2007, 10:15 AM
Livermore, CA
Joined Jan 2007
919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025
Well how about the end of october then? 27-28?
this oct weekend is bad for me as I will be in Indiana on my way back from a week long training in boston. bad days for me are 10/21, 10/27-28, 9/23. all else is good.

we just gotta do this again. seems like plenty of ad hoc spots in sac.
twilkers is offline Find More Posts by twilkers
Old Sep 09, 2007, 11:24 AM
Purples a fruit
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
i want to bring stuff to hit. maybe a make shift limbo bar.
Old Sep 09, 2007, 12:06 PM
Canada
Joined Jun 2006
384 Posts
I wish I didn't live so far away

Someday maybe.

Directions to Ritewing Funfly
methos is offline Find More Posts by methos
Old Sep 09, 2007, 04:31 PM
Certified Riteaholic
San Marcos, CA.
Joined Oct 2003
649 Posts
Glad you guys had a good time. Sorry again charger that I had to back out on you. I wish I could have been with you all. I am going into the hospital to have a hip joint replaced on the 18th. I can hardly walk rite now without intense pain. I crashed my twin because of it a couple of weeks ago. Don't mean to hijack the thread with my ramblings. Hopefully, with a successful rehab, I can get up and meet with all of you soon.

Joe
joekoz is offline Find More Posts by joekoz
Old Sep 09, 2007, 04:35 PM
Livermore, CA
Joined Jan 2007
919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekoz
Glad you guys had a good time. Sorry again charger that I had to back out on you. I wish I could have been with you all.

Joe
get well soon, buddy. sorry to hear about the twin. I got a bum rite wrist now so the bungee is about all I can do unless someone else gives me a toss.

BTW, crashed the 60 on the first flight. bungee went great then I tried to do something and it went in(not very hard). brought it back and elevator was correct and the ailerons were backwards. stupid me, should have asked for a second sets of eyes before the maiden. at least I had the cheap batts in there. fixed that, flew again, cooked the het3w, another short flight. at least it's dirty now so I can fly easier. charger gave me a motor/gear setup from an old bird turning an 11" prop flew it last flight of the day. in the air longer this time.
twilkers is offline Find More Posts by twilkers
Last edited by twilkers; Sep 09, 2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old Sep 09, 2007, 04:39 PM
Certified Riteaholic
San Marcos, CA.
Joined Oct 2003
649 Posts
Thanks a lot Tim. This hip is getting in the way of my flying! After my rehab, I promise you that I will get up to hang with all of you.
joekoz is offline Find More Posts by joekoz
Old Sep 09, 2007, 07:19 PM
The other son of Daedalus
Sacramento, CA
Joined Nov 2004
1,136 Posts
Symphony of Seven

I missed the symphony of seven (holy CRAP, that was freakin' cool. Thanks for the video, Paul.) but managed to make it out to Davis this morning for an hour or so with the boys.

Many thanks to Charger, aka Pimp Hat, for leading the meeting. It only took 25 or so phone calls to bust me loose from everything else going on in my life right now.

He even let me fly his Unicorn (the one in the picture) -- which I properly bounced off the deck at the end of the third flight -- and then gave me two scrap wings to bring home to the wife. What else could a guy want. Charger's a stud. But he's now on my wife's most wanted list.

In the photo below are (from left); Foam Crusher, me, Charger, and Atom1025. My three-year-old boy, Gabriel, handled the camera. How cool is that.

The fire has officially been rekindled. I guess I gotta phone up that speed freak mad scientist out in the desert.
memyselfandI is offline Find More Posts by memyselfandI
Last edited by memyselfandI; Sep 09, 2007 at 07:33 PM.