Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 08, 2007, 06:04 PM
Joined Sep 2007
15 Posts
Discussion
Help a noob set up his HBK2 Tail Rotor?

Hi guys,

I'll get right to it.... on attempting take-off the Honey Bee King 2 wants to spin in a clockwise manner. Trim is set to 0 (neutral) on all controls including pitch hover pitch and trim pitch.

A couple questions, if a veteran could help out?

1. It's a stock standard HBK2, does this mean the gyro used is a "rate" type? And if it is, to which position should the GYRO.SW be set, up or down?

2. On the gyro, it has a reverse and normal setting, which is the correct setting? And should the reversing switch for rudder on the transmitter be set up or down?

3. Given the switches are correctly set and she still spins clockwise on take-off, how do we set the tailboom servo position? Should we? Towards the front of the copter would increase positive pitch as I understand it but how far can we go?

4. Would setting the Gain on the gyro eliminate our problem? do we go negative or positive and by how far?

I know these questions may seem silly to an experienced HB pilot, but we are completely new to r/c and we just want to try and hover without the honey bee spinning like a CD! Any combination of settings could solve our problem, or a single most setting we might be missing? Which is likely....

Thank you for any help!
Witblitz is offline Find More Posts by Witblitz
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2007, 06:11 PM
CX/CX2+CPPRO=CPP amateur
Canada
Joined Mar 2007
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witblitz
Hi guys,

I'll get right to it.... on attempting take-off the Honey Bee King 2 wants to spin in a clockwise manner. Trim is set to 0 (neutral) on all controls including pitch hover pitch and trim pitch.

A couple questions, if a veteran could help out?

1. It's a stock standard HBK2, does this mean the gyro used is a "rate" type? And if it is, to which position should the GYRO.SW be set, up or down?

2. On the gyro, it has a reverse and normal setting, which is the correct setting? And should the reversing switch for rudder on the transmitter be set up or down?
3. Given the switches are correctly set and she still spins clockwise on take-off, how do we set the tailboom servo position? Should we? Towards the front of the copter would increase positive pitch as I understand it but how far can we go?

4. Would setting the Gain on the gyro eliminate our problem? do we go negative or positive and by how far?

I know these questions may seem silly to an experienced HB pilot, but we are completely new to r/c and we just want to try and hover without the honey bee spinning like a CD! Any combination of settings could solve our problem, or a single most setting we might be missing? Which is likely....

Thank you for any help!
Hi Wit,It might be mecchanical issues as well,I had all my questions answered in this thread,follow Ginos setup guide it worked perfect..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711494
ORPPC is offline Find More Posts by ORPPC