HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2007, 04:05 AM
frimley u.k.
Joined Jun 2006
219 Posts
Discussion
hextronic 120a esc programming

i have bought this esc and usb programming stick,i cannot understand how to program it.is it as simple as downloading the software and then after choosing your settings choosing the configure option?of course you have to have the stick in a usb port,i cannot see any advice on this and the esc came with no instructions.
bigchap is offline Find More Posts by bigchap
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2007, 04:33 AM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,593 Posts
G'day,
I can only assume, given the 120 uses the same usb stick as the smaller ones, the programming is the same. I've only used the 18 and 36, but give this a crack.

Install the software.
Plug the esc into the usb stick
plug the usb stick into the computer. One light should now be lit on the stick.
Plug the battery into the esc (yes, the battery...) Two lights shoould now be lit.
Scroll up and down in the "port" window in the software until "hardware" changes to something.
Select settings required
Close software, pull everything apart.

The strange one, which my CC esc's don't do, is require the battery to be plugged in whilst programming. Do you trust your computer to HXT? Be aware - 12VDC will probably fry the USB port if the esc and stick both decide to misbehave.
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
Old Sep 08, 2007, 04:45 AM
frimley u.k.
Joined Jun 2006
219 Posts
ah,that's what i'm doing wrong,i'm not connecting the esc to the stick!many thanks.i've only just got this pc so i don't want to risk it,i think i'll program it using the tx.
bigchap is offline Find More Posts by bigchap