HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2007, 09:10 PM
Joined Dec 2006
36 Posts
Discussion
No hardware - SoaringUSA.com

I purchased an Apache DLG and it came without hardware. It has been three days of emails and there is no indication that Bob will send the hardware that was supposed to come with the glider.

Has anyone had good or bad experiences with this company? I did purchase a pylon racer from them earlier this year and it was great but this is getting frustrating. I just want what I paid for, nothing more.

Signed...Frustrated.
burdiman is offline Find More Posts by burdiman
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2007, 06:00 AM
Wallingford, Ct
Joined Sep 2001
1,876 Posts
Is it offered with hardware?
Al M is offline Find More Posts by Al M
Old Sep 10, 2007, 03:44 AM
Joined Dec 2006
36 Posts
Of course it is

Yes. It it supposed to come with a wing joiner, wing hold-down (of some sort) horns etc...

I am most concerned about the hardware for the wing.

SoaringUSA, after a number of emails, didn't commit to sending the hardware (it is minimal but necessary) until I requested to return the plane.

My past dealings with them have been fine but I had not needed customer service. So far I am not impressed.
burdiman is offline Find More Posts by burdiman
Old Sep 22, 2007, 04:28 AM
Stavanger area, Norway
Joined Jan 2004
9 Posts
I ordered a X-Calibur (X-models) from Soaring USA, almost a year ago. It arrived without the wing joiner. Bob cindly sent me a new one free of charge.
But during the period of building the model, I found some other parts missing or not according to spec.
Magnets for holding down the canopy was missing. No decal sheet supplied. One of the tailplane joiners were 0.5 mm too thin, had to bee replaced to avoid sloppy elevator. The supplied treaded rod for the rudder horn was 2 mm, - the horns 2,5 mm.
X-Models may bee responsible for all this, but I noticed that the hardware bag had been opened before I got the kit ?
Vassi is offline Find More Posts by Vassi