HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2007, 09:01 PM
Near Yorkville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
25 Posts
Question
Can't Find Rudder on Optic 6

Hi everyone,

My EZ is ready to go. When I was setting up everything I had the rudder servo working perfectly. Now, after I have it together I seriously can't find the rudder servo to test it. I believe it is turned off somewhere but I can't find the blessed thing in the programming menu. It is on channel 4 and I believe I have something set so the rudder isn't being used.

Note: it is not just inhibited, I can't find the option to change it from inhibited to ON. I know this is a really lame question but I'm very frustrated and hoping someone with an OPTIC 6 can help or if anyone has experienced the same.

Note Deux: The servo was working before I installed everything. Also before I sealed up the plane. I'm nearly positive it is just a programming issue. The elevator and motor works fine.

Maybe one of the dual rate switches is turning it off? I don't know...help.

Googlie
GooglieMooglie is offline Find More Posts by GooglieMooglie
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2007, 09:22 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,285 Posts
Here's a quick way to eliminate programming issues with the transmitter. If you have a model memory that is not being used, change to that setup and then try your rudder again, if it still doesn't work try swapping the elevator and rudder leads at the receiver to isolate the problem.
Good luck,
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Sep 08, 2007, 12:45 AM
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,589 Posts
It's plugged in in reverse or it's now unplugged?
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Sep 08, 2007, 12:48 AM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,510 Posts
Is this a 3-channel plane (RET)? If so, then connect the rudder servo to channel 1 to control it with the right stick.

Ivan
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member