SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 07, 2007, 12:06 PM
Bub from that outer site
Joined Jan 2007
252 Posts
Discussion
My BUB's::I've had NO luck finding thrust angles for twin

My BUB's::I've had NO luck finding thrust angles for twin, I can't get any counter rotating 8/4.5or 8/5 or 9/4.5 or 9/5's so I'll have to go with two right hand props an deal with the torque, Is it 2% right like a single? how bout down ? is it 2% ? my new fight packs should be here any day now an I'd sure like to have the mounts ready for them!!!ya'll's bub scoooper P.S. Props in pix's are static
scoooper is offline Find More Posts by scoooper
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2007, 12:45 PM
Delaware, Ohio
Joined Nov 2006
309 Posts
Epyaya had the GWS 8040x3 and 9050x3 counter rotating sets last time I looked.
I got three sets about two weeks ago from them.

Jim
jymz is offline Find More Posts by jymz
Old Sep 07, 2007, 01:00 PM
Always Ready!
Chicago, IL
Joined Dec 2006
5,181 Posts
https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITED...=113&curPage=7

UH has them - 3-blade props - tractor and pushers - in 8x4 and 9x5 - which both sizes work great with a cheap BP21 motor.

Also, if counter rotating, you still need down thrust, but you won't need any right/left thrust.
warhead_71 is offline Find More Posts by warhead_71
Old Sep 07, 2007, 01:09 PM
Registered Plan-a-holic
Stonewall, MB, Can
Joined Jul 2004
2,875 Posts
Since it is already built I trust you can adjust the thrust angles? Probably a good idea to start with 2 - 2 on each motor and see what happens. For the maiden flight, wait for a windless day - power up and climb! Just get it up high and then see how out of trim it is and if you got the thrust angles correct. The difference between perfect and way off won't be uncontrolable - it will just be difficult to trim for power changes.

I've built twins with 0 - 0 and all that really happens is on full power they want to climb and turn left - but not nearly as bad as a single does - motors don't have the same "moment arm" on a twin.

Find counter rotating props and set it at 0 - 0 or with a touch down on both.

BTW nice use of Wally foamies - very creative
Hepdog is offline Find More Posts by Hepdog
Old Sep 07, 2007, 03:17 PM
Bub from that outer site
Joined Jan 2007
252 Posts
Thank,s my bub's!

Thank,s my bub's! Haven't done the mounts yet ( stick mounts) so my options are still open, I've build a bunch of singles but always wanted a twin an the GWS&E-fites P-38's are a bit steep ($) for me so I came up with this thing ( three 5.00$ chunker's , it's suppose to look like a Hughes X11) she's real lite (so far) and I'm runn'in two 400 brushless, two 25amp ESC's,two 1000, 20-c lipos in parallel, 5 or 6, 9 gram servos ( still sort'in out the linkage for ballance) I checked out Epyaya An E-mailed them a-?- bout their prop's Thanks!!ya'll's bub, scoooper
scoooper is offline Find More Posts by scoooper