SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 07, 2007, 10:41 AM
Melbourne, FL
Joined Dec 2004
1,044 Posts
Build Log
33% Andy Sheber Pitts S1S

We have one of these on order and will post pics as we go along.

http://www.rcguys.com/S1Pitts.htm

I should have my head examined for starting another project before my F1 is flying but I just couldn't resist

Danny
F1 Rocket is offline Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Site Sponsor
Last edited by F1 Rocket; Sep 07, 2007 at 01:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2007, 02:48 PM
Kissimmee, FL
Joined Mar 2001
123 Posts
Danny,

I picked one up at Joe Nall this summer, but I have not had a chance to work on it. It is a beatifull ARF, by far the nicest I have seen. I look forward to your build, and perhaps I can get mine started as well.
What power system are you planning?
I am going to use my PJS 8000 motor, Aviox SH 96 ESC, on 10s3p. I expect it to come out very light and give great performance.

Sean
Sean Sweeney is offline Find More Posts by Sean Sweeney
Old Sep 09, 2007, 07:31 PM
Melbourne, FL
Joined Dec 2004
1,044 Posts
Sean,

Good to know the quality is OK in this. I'm undecided on the power system although I will most likely use something similar to what I have in my 74" EF Yak (3200-3400 watts A60-?S/M Hacker on 12s). I'm taking a look at A123's as well. Primarily because I could leave them in the airplane and quick charge them @3C. I may need a small power generating station to do that though

Danny
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2007, 07:56 AM
Scratchbuilder
Oslo, Norway
Joined Sep 2003
18 Posts
deleted
stapal is offline Find More Posts by stapal
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:05 PM
Melbourne, FL
Joined Dec 2004
1,044 Posts
Project canceled :(

Well, the kit arrived last friday but I didn't have a chance to open the box untill sunday. Long story short, the kit was not up to my standards so it's on its way back.

Problem is I still have an ich for a new project and I seem to have a bad case of BBB (Big Biplane on the Brain). That being said I've now really gone off the deep end and ordered something else. I'll post a pic after it arrives and passes inspection

Danny
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 18, 2007, 02:11 PM
Kissimmee, FL
Joined Mar 2001
123 Posts
Danny,

What did you find that was not up to your standard? I have started on mine and am finding it to be as nice, or better than anything out there.

Sean
Sean Sweeney is offline Find More Posts by Sean Sweeney
Old Sep 18, 2007, 03:08 PM
Melbourne, FL
Joined Dec 2004
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Sweeney
Danny,

What did you find that was not up to your standard? I have started on mine and am finding it to be as nice, or better than anything out there.

Sean

I guess I've been spoiled by the quality of ARF's from Extreme Flight, Hyperion, Fliton, and Hangar 9 that I've built lately. This one was just not as good. I'm not saying it was really bad, but it did have some issues that I was not willing to accept. The specific issues with my kit were:

1. One of the formers in the rear of the fus was twisted which resulted in a major miss-alignment of the bottom stringers.

2. The blue-ish color covering had numerous spots where it looked like the color had delaminated from the covering.

3. The masking of the trim colors on the cowling was very poor.

Danny
Site Sponsor