HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2007, 02:23 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
New Product
Great Planes 25% SU-31

Just posted on the GP website today! Its the new 1/4 scale Su-31! Says its $400 from Tower.

Here is the link, http://greatplanes.com/performance/a.../gpma1412.html

And here is the TowerHobbies link, http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRXR1&P=7
edge5foamy is offline Find More Posts by edge5foamy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2007, 02:16 PM
Joined Sep 2007
12 Posts
Looks nice but I wonder... for $50 more I could get the Wildhare 28% Sukhoi which seems to me to be a better deal...
jfeenin is offline Find More Posts by jfeenin
Old Sep 15, 2007, 09:25 AM
The dude...
Sunnyvale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
758 Posts
I will likely agree with jfeenin on this one as well. I think the challenge is that the engine setup for the 25% will be just too little when you start looking at other planes after this one is done unless you stay in the 25% category. I'd prefer gas and a 50cc engine as the choices of airframes is much more extensive after the Sukhoi is retired. The cost of the remaining items goes up a bit more, but not significantly.

There does seem to be a market for these size planes though - just can't put a finger on it. I guess the guys that have the larger Glow engines will still have an airframe - but man, cost of fuel would be pricey compared to gas IMO..

I do have the Wild Hare 50cc Sukhoi and I can say it is a great plane for the price. It is one of the cheaper 50cc planes out there - but a great deal at under $500. Not sure how the GP 25% stacks up against it as far as flying - so as always some feedback from some hands on experience with the GP Sukhoi would always be nice.

It also seems the Sukhoi is making a comeback in RC. It was Extras for a while, now Yaks, but I am seeing many more Sukhois showing up as well. (Hyperion, SebArt, WildHare, AirWild, etc...)

Jason
Henna_Ojisan is offline Find More Posts by Henna_Ojisan