HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2007, 12:37 AM
I'd rather be flying...
New York City
Joined May 2005
1,131 Posts
Cool
***NICE Trex Music Video - i'll fly with you..****

please let me know what you think. this is my first video like this from my trex 450.

just a foot note.. in the last scene there is a clicking noise, it sounds like my heli, but the noise is not in the original footage! its only in this edited one for some reason it must be computer generated! i would not fly it at all and with my sony 7.2 mega jixel if my heli made such a noise!!

Dave

768 KPS higher quality version
www.premieredjs.com/heli.wmv

lower quality youtube version:
Trex 450 I'll fly with you video! (4 min 22 sec)
djdaveq is offline Find More Posts by djdaveq
Last edited by djdaveq; Sep 10, 2007 at 03:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2007, 12:48 AM
SF Bay Area, CA
Joined Feb 2006
857 Posts
Very nice video. very little vibration. Could you post a couple of pictures of the camera and the mount you're using?

Thanks!
glucoseboy is offline Find More Posts by glucoseboy
Old Sep 06, 2007, 12:54 AM
I'd rather be flying...
New York City
Joined May 2005
1,131 Posts
its realy not the mount, its my heli! its super precise these days..lol im very anal about it, its a screw throgh the battery tray with a folded peace of VERY soft foam between the batt tray. the screw goes into that screw hole every cam has. Its a no brainer! i still need a mh titanium main shaft then i think it will be even better..
Old Sep 06, 2007, 03:48 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
UH!! there are trees in NYC?? Sorry djdaveq but i thought that music was awfull. It's just a matter of personal taste. Also would you mind giving me your eyes coz i sure cannot fly my 450 that far away without getting messed up with orientation unless it's just in a straight line The video with no music though was great.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Sep 06, 2007, 04:18 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
You've got excellent eyesight! With that camera and no canopy, that heli's got to be a black spec in the sky. Good work.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Sep 06, 2007, 05:19 AM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
I think that was one of the best aerial videos ive seen so far. It really did look smooth and no noise. For such a crude rig it sure does make nice video.

I agree you must have great eyesight for it being only a 450 size heli. I thought it was a 600 at first.

You got it pretty high and far a few times, wow

You should snap some stills with that camera, like to see how they look
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Old Sep 06, 2007, 05:44 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,179 Posts
Dude that owns! Im so giving that a go! I have the same digital camera as you, but i dropped it and it no longer takes stills (doh!) but takes videos fine. Cheers for the inspiration! Keep it up.
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Sep 06, 2007, 06:43 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
I just watched it again & i reckon you look like David Guest in the still at the end

Also i think you should pm the video to enzothecat as he likes flying over water
Old Sep 06, 2007, 06:58 AM
Really Cool User
Tampa St Pete, Florida, United States
Joined Dec 2003
1,870 Posts
Nice work! I did this once with a $900 minidv camera and it was really scarey.
Silverstreak328 is offline Find More Posts by Silverstreak328
Old Sep 06, 2007, 10:42 AM
I'd rather be flying...
New York City
Joined May 2005
1,131 Posts
haha i filmed this video in eastern pa! there is NO place in NYC that looks like that! As far as the heli! yea it was a spec i was scared flying that thing over the lake with my $400 camera nose in as a spec! Whats hard is when you try and hover high up, or when the tail boom aligns with the rest of the spec, it looks like a dot. I just did what i knew it was doing based on my previous input. It actually took me a about 8 hours to do everything needed for this final video, camera mount, edit and so on. Thanks for all your good words! I do have 20 20 !
Old Sep 06, 2007, 11:13 AM
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Mar 2007
1,237 Posts
Some of the best onboard video I've seen, also. Really nice flying!!!
hurleybt is offline Find More Posts by hurleybt
Old Sep 06, 2007, 11:19 AM
SF Bay Area, CA
Joined Feb 2006
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdaveq
its realy not the mount, its my heli! its super precise these days..lol im very anal about it, its a screw throgh the battery tray with a folded peace of VERY soft foam between the batt tray. the screw goes into that screw hole every cam has. Its a no brainer! i still need a mh titanium main shaft then i think it will be even better..
Simple and elegant. What a brilliant solution! (Kudos to you sir!)

re: precision. My brother-in-law recently showed me his latest improvement to his Trex 450SE's flying. He balanced his tail blades and said that it removed a lot of tail vibration. Prior to that his tail fins would vibrate ever so. Now, it's smooth as glass.

Balancing tail blades is pretty tough to do. The difference in weight is in mg. (he has a very good/expensive balance which he used). I'm thinking that it might be possible to use a see-saw type balancer.
glucoseboy is offline Find More Posts by glucoseboy
Old Sep 06, 2007, 01:03 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdaveq
I do have 20 20 !

I can't get an LGV licence because of my eyesight. I could get 20/20 with glasses but it could make me see double
Old Sep 06, 2007, 01:08 PM
I'd rather be flying...
New York City
Joined May 2005
1,131 Posts
whats an LGV license? I actually have my commercial pilots license with a multi engine and instrument rating
Old Sep 06, 2007, 01:10 PM
I'd rather be flying...
New York City
Joined May 2005
1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glucoseboy
Simple and elegant. What a brilliant solution! (Kudos to you sir!)

re: precision. My brother-in-law recently showed me his latest improvement to his Trex 450SE's flying. He balanced his tail blades and said that it removed a lot of tail vibration. Prior to that his tail fins would vibrate ever so. Now, it's smooth as glass.

Balancing tail blades is pretty tough to do. The difference in weight is in mg. (he has a very good/expensive balance which he used). I'm thinking that it might be possible to use a see-saw type balancer.
yes its that and i also forgot to mention i find the sweet spot on the RPM! for the least vibrations. For me its about 60% throttle, on a 4 cell 10T pinion on a JGF 500TH motor!