HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by isvana, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 04, 2007, 07:46 PM
Random Flier
Oxford (UK) and Mtn View CA (USA)
Joined Nov 2002
1,408 Posts
Discussion
Fleet (8): MM MagpieAP

Got this for AP experiments. Built well, except I didn't like the wing-build for the spar. Very robust plane, flies well. My rig though has the following issues:

1. I built this with a Himax 2025 in an EPS300 GB. Runs a 1280 prop. The general sequence of events is that the propshaft nut can't resist the prop when the brake is applied, and disconnects in flight, losing the prop nut. The fix in the field causes the spur to strip... time for an outrunner or EPS400 GB (and maybe no brake on the speed control).

2. GWS Be-Found plane-saver. This beeps continuously rather than just when power is lost. Bizarre.

3. The camera mount failed once (must have been dodgy glue joint). Tie the camera on as well!

So this is awaiting maintenance / new GB or motor. Probably I'll just change the GB as I'm using an old CC Phoenix 25 on this, and that will probably self-distruct with an outrunner...
isvana is offline Find More Posts by isvana
to remove ads between posts