SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by CactusJackSlade, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 03, 2007, 08:04 PM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined May 2002
2,590 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Sold
Top Flight METRICK 2 meter - New in box - BACK FOR SALE!

THIS HAS BEEN SOLD

I built one of these when I was 17 years old. It cost 49.95 back then which was a lot! I thought it was the best looking plane of the day, except the Hobie Hawk which I could not afford - (even though they were only $129 at the time!).

I still have my original Metrick and intended on using this kit to make another set of wings for it with more dihedral so it turned a little quicker... but no time these days to build.

These were excellent kits.

How about $80 for the kit shipped to your door in the cont US. Paypal prefered.

Thanks for taking a look!

CJS
CactusJackSlade is offline Find More Posts by CactusJackSlade
Last edited by CactusJackSlade; Sep 06, 2007 at 10:16 PM. Reason: SOLD
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2007, 08:13 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,203 Posts
Trader Rating: 84
I'll take it if you still have it.
Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
Old Sep 03, 2007, 08:20 PM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
Joined May 2002
2,590 Posts
fOR SALE AGAIN!

Sold (in 11 minutes!) to Joe, pending funds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaler
I'll take it if you still have it.
Joe
I have not heard from Joe, first one who PM's me and can follow through with paypal payment get's it!
CJS
Last edited by CactusJackSlade; Sep 04, 2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old Sep 05, 2007, 12:12 AM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
Joined May 2002
2,590 Posts
Yes, it is now officially back for sale! No word from Joe.
Old Sep 05, 2007, 02:19 AM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,203 Posts
So in less than 28 hours you say I have backed out and that the kits is for sale again.
You send me a PM saying that if I don't pay now others are interested.
If I did not have a life I could have payed you after receiving your PM with payment instructions but I had dinner with my girlfriend what we did after you have no need to know. We took her daughter for her annual visist to the doctor Tuesday morning, had lunch and then I went to work and put in a 12 hour day. I returned home from work at 1 am.
You Pm'ed me at 1:40 pm Tuesday saying others are interested, at 4:49 you edit you sold post to say that you have not heard from me, at 11:12 you post that is for sale again and again that you have that you have not heard from.
Well, you are now. I had just paid for the Windsurfer kit posted eslewere and was going to pay for the Metrick kit but after your impatience and inability to understand that not everybody sits in front of their computers all day long you can stick the kit were the sun does not shine.

copy of PM sent at 1:40 pm Tuesday:

Quote:
Hi Joe,

I've had several other inquiries, if you want the Metrick please pay via paypal today, or I'll need to pass on the offer to the next in line.

Thanks,

Brian
Go ahead and delete this post enough will see it before you do to know that you are not a pleasant person to deal with.

Joe

cc: Everybody on my Buddy list
Old Sep 05, 2007, 02:44 AM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,676 Posts
Trader Rating: 62
Cactus Jack, just my opinion, but I think you really should have been more patient. A shame to see what would have been a good deal for both has turned so sour. If you expect buyers to pay immediately or within a certain amount of time, you should clearly explain your policy in your initial offer.

My 2 cents......
LVsoaring is offline Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old Sep 05, 2007, 02:54 AM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,203 Posts
Thanks LV
Old Sep 05, 2007, 11:15 AM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,203 Posts
Bump so everyone might read this.
Old Sep 05, 2007, 12:54 PM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
Joined May 2002
2,590 Posts
To Joe

Joe,

I am truely sorry you feel that waiting 28 hours is not enough time to wait for a response (of any kind).

When you responded to my ad in 11 minutes, I may have assumed (wrongly apparently) that you were at the same or similar "computer speed" as I was, if so, I appologize.

When you say that I "backed out of the deal" that it false, I opened it back up for sale to whomever was willing to communicate with me and send funds. That person could have easily been you, since you were the first person to get my paypal email.

In the future I will head your advice and post that I will require a confirmation response or payment within X amount of time. That would be good clarification for both parties,Thank you for the suggestion.

I find it interesting that you felt it neccesary to air the dirty laundry out in public like this (posting my personal PM to you out on the forum) instead of just communicating better, that is all I ask: communication. I was not in a hurry for payment neccesarily, just communication.

Joe, you have gone to lengths here to see that everyone knows how bad a person I must be. Do a search of my posts, most deal with HELPING OTHERS in their projects. Look at my websites, put up for the benefit of OTHERS.

And why would I delete your post? Why would I hide when I did nothing wrong (in my opinion).

I think this whole thing is due to over-reaction - by BOTH OF US. I have already appologized for myself. I appologize in advance for writing this response while still a little "hot".

Have a good day.

Brian
http://www.hobiehawk.com
http://foamandfusion.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaler
So in less than 28 hours you say I have backed out and that the kits is for sale again.
You send me a PM saying that if I don't pay now others are interested.
If I did not have a life I could have payed you after receiving your PM with payment instructions but I had dinner with my girlfriend what we did after you have no need to know. We took her daughter for her annual visist to the doctor Tuesday morning, had lunch and then I went to work and put in a 12 hour day. I returned home from work at 1 am.
You Pm'ed me at 1:40 pm Tuesday saying others are interested, at 4:49 you edit you sold post to say that you have not heard from me, at 11:12 you post that is for sale again and again that you have that you have not heard from.
Well, you are now. I had just paid for the Windsurfer kit posted eslewere and was going to pay for the Metrick kit but after your impatience and inability to understand that not everybody sits in front of their computers all day long you can stick the kit were the sun does not shine.

copy of PM sent at 1:40 pm Tuesday:

Go ahead and delete this post enough will see it before you do to know that you are not a pleasant person to deal with.

Joe

cc: Everybody on my Buddy list
Old Sep 05, 2007, 01:25 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,203 Posts
It had nothing to do with computor speed, it is computer time and life, life always wins.
I have to log off now and go to work.

Joe
Old Sep 05, 2007, 11:24 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,906 Posts
Trader Rating: 108
I have been on both sides of this communication problem and when someone jumps on a For Sale item in 10-15 mins. and says I want it, send me your Paypal address... I would expect payment within at most 4-5 hours or a communication that explains when the seller can expect a payment. How difficult is that?

Both sides of the transaction have some responsibility here.

R/E
rud-elev is offline Find More Posts by rud-elev
Old Sep 06, 2007, 06:20 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,260 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
pm sent

I will take it for sure. PM sent.
corsha99 is online now Find More Posts by corsha99
Closed Thread