HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2007, 09:01 PM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined May 2002
2,547 Posts
Discussion
New Range Video system - customer support?

Hello all,

I received my 900mhz system (Tx and Rx only) from Range Video and emailed them with two questions... but no response.

Anybody know what kind of fitting that is on the whip antenna? I think it's an "N" fitting, is that right?

Second question I did not purchase a power supply, so I would like confrmation that, like normal, the polarity of the power plug is positive for the inside "pin" and negative for the outside "shell" of the plug.

In my email to Range Video I suggested they include some better wiring instructions... I hope they were not offended??!

If anyone can confirm these two questions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

CJS (of the Depron Dragon)
CactusJackSlade is offline Find More Posts by CactusJackSlade
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:13 PM
All posts Copyright '07
Joined Sep 2004
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusJackSlade
Hello all,

I received my 900mhz system (Tx and Rx only) from Range Video and emailed them with two questions... but no response.

Anybody know what kind of fitting that is on the whip antenna? I think it's an "N" fitting, is that right?

Second question I did not purchase a power supply, so I would like confrmation that, like normal, the polarity of the power plug is positive for the inside "pin" and negative for the outside "shell" of the plug.

In my email to Range Video I suggested they include some better wiring instructions... I hope they were not offended??!

If anyone can confirm these two questions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

CJS (of the Depron Dragon)
I can confirm the polarity question; I have this system.
TrappedinNM is offline Find More Posts by TrappedinNM
Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:59 PM
Walla Walla
Joined May 2002
2,639 Posts
This page has a pretty good description.
http://rangevideo.com/index.php?main...products_id=24
Do you know what the OEM is? Lawmate does not show any 900mhz on thier page..?
lvspark is offline Find More Posts by lvspark
Old Aug 30, 2007, 11:28 PM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined May 2002
2,547 Posts
Thanks lvspark, there it is... SMA connector - just what I needed to know.

Thanks abqlloyd for the polarity check - I'll be comparing this 500mw 900mhz system to my 1000mw 2.4ghz diversity system soon...

CJS
CactusJackSlade is offline Find More Posts by CactusJackSlade