HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2007, 10:32 AM
Progress not Perfection
Palmdale, Ca.
Joined Dec 2005
438 Posts
Discussion
What Products Would U Like To See In A USA Based Online Hobbystore?

Guys I need your help, I'm designing an online hobby shop and I would like to know which brands and types of helis,motors,esc,batteries,servos,blades, swash plates,spare parts radios,hardware,(U get the idea), you would like to have in stock. Of course at killer prices and second to none customer service.
Thanks for your input, It will serve all of us.
Jack
WestCoasteHobbies
wilscor41 is offline Find More Posts by wilscor41
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2007, 10:50 AM
Eatonton Ga. United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,543 Posts
Well my obvious one's would be Align, Flight Power, Castle Creations and Futaba but then again you probably figured on those yourself.
There's a guy at a LHS here that stocks E-Flite heli's and parts and then jumps straight to Raptor parts completely ignoring the T-Rex size class heli's. Not a very sound business decision IMO.
Sky_Dancer is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Dancer
Old Aug 26, 2007, 12:08 PM
Portland, OR US
Joined Aug 2005
992 Posts
We will watch out for your killer prices Let us know when the site is ready.
cat5 is offline Find More Posts by cat5
Old Aug 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
/bin/ksh
USA, GA, Savannah
Joined Nov 2005
3,363 Posts
Do you plan to specialize to a particular size or type of model or is the plan to be more on power systems, electronics etc?

I would say the heli market is pretty well saturated but a site with bottom dollar pricing is always welcome.

The more you have in the way of spares and electronics the better imo, a few RTF beginner heli's and a boat load of 450 and up kits and parts
Steve_C is offline Find More Posts by Steve_C
Old Aug 26, 2007, 01:18 PM
Progress not Perfection
Palmdale, Ca.
Joined Dec 2005
438 Posts
I plan to bring a well known hong kong based hobbystore's concept to the US, however popular items will be in stock and no games.
Your recommendations will be the basis of my inventory!
Jack
westcoastehobbies
Old Aug 26, 2007, 01:30 PM
it ain't got no gas in it
misery, USA
Joined Jun 2006
321 Posts
esky and eflight helis, dragonus helis, trex helis,and others.
xmod heli alloy is offline Find More Posts by xmod heli alloy
Old Aug 26, 2007, 02:30 PM
Speed cost money.
United States, FL, Marathon
Joined Dec 2002
3,045 Posts
SO let me see if I got this right, You'll stock things similar to a shop I know of call united hobbies, but offer US shipping and support that we have grown to expect and can not get via Hong kong?

If so Good idea,
Lipos, chargers, ESC, motors, are the main things I see we need a good cheap source for. Don't forget that you should carry the proper quality stuff also. I believe you get what you pay for and somethings I need quality and somethings I need cheap

Highflier
highflier is offline Find More Posts by highflier
Old Aug 26, 2007, 04:14 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,472 Posts
Well I did the inventory for the Hobby store I worked for and one thing I can say is Order what is hot. My boss was always looking at the specials at horizon hobbies and saying I can make 40% off of these and I would tell him who will sell them NOT ME. I told him people come here to me because they trust my recommendations and as soon as that is gone they will stop coming in. Yes we can only make 10% off that cool product but we sale a butt load of them and everyone is happy.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2007, 04:20 PM
Progress not Perfection
Palmdale, Ca.
Joined Dec 2005
438 Posts
If he makes money on hot selling items, I wonder why he persists in not doing his customers right? Bad money burns fast as the saying goes. Maybe he should spend time on the net finding who makes those hot items and deal with them directly? Maybe too much work.
Thanks for the input, Jack
Old Aug 26, 2007, 04:22 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,472 Posts
Well he was a retired tax attorney
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2007, 04:25 PM
Progress not Perfection
Palmdale, Ca.
Joined Dec 2005
438 Posts
Ha Ha maybe that explains it
Old Aug 26, 2007, 04:39 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,472 Posts
Your doing good looking at the RC groups I wouldn't try to get much in the direct approach just scan the forums and that will tell you what is going and what to stay away from. The only good thing Dave would do is let us have free mags so we could stay up on the new products of course that was before the Internet. Keep in touch I would like to know how well things work who knows maybe you can start a Midwest division?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2007, 04:45 PM
Progress not Perfection
Palmdale, Ca.
Joined Dec 2005
438 Posts
I hear you, there are sooo many posts, Icannot get to all of them, However I have had my ear to the ground the last couple of years. Just hoped to get current feedback.
BTW: I have another domain, www.rccityusa, that will handle the rest of the US in time,
Thanks for the advice, Jack
Old Aug 26, 2007, 04:52 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,472 Posts
Your link isnt working. Yea back in the old days (did I say old days) I ordered everything RC mostly RC car and truck parts and kits Yea back then they had kits. I had a stadium truck that was all belt they called it the silent killer I didn't know if it was because it was so quiet of because I would crash into them all.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2007, 04:56 PM
Progress not Perfection
Palmdale, Ca.
Joined Dec 2005
438 Posts
ha ha good story. That is how it was. Asto the link I just registered it. It takes a couple of days to propagate across the internet.