HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2007, 11:30 AM
Progress not Perfection
Palmdale, Ca.
Joined Dec 2005
438 Posts
Discussion
What Products Would U Like To See In A USA Based Online Hobbystore?

Guys I need your help, I'm designing an online hobby shop and I would like to know which brands and types of helis,motors,esc,batteries,servos,blades, swash plates,spare parts,radios,hardware,(U get the idea), you would like to have in stock. Of course at killer prices and second to none customer service.
Thanks for your input, It will serve all of us.
Jack
WestCoasteHobbies
wilscor41 is offline Find More Posts by wilscor41
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2007, 11:50 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,054 Posts
Hear is what I purchase a lot of:

Thunder Tiger (please stock lots of parts and upgrades)
XeroG Conversion Kits
Castle Creations (all products)
Thunder Power (chargers, balancers, batteries, ESCís)
Kool Flight Systems Ultimate BEC
Neu Motors and batteries
Flight Power EVO batteries
V-blades
Radix Blades
SAB blades
Centuey (Helicopters, Blades, and all that other stuff)
Futaba radios (just the new spread spectrum stuff and the new brushless servos: BLS251, BLS351, and BLS451)

RC
RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Aug 26, 2007, 12:41 PM
mad heli scientist
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Dec 2005
4,034 Posts
Trying to find Plettenberg motors is hard work. I get them through my local German hobby store or German eBay for now, but once I'm back in the states I'll need a reputable US distributor.

Kontronik Jazz esc's- one of the best for heli's. Excellent governor and a strong BEC.

For blades... when I shop, I typically find them organized by brand and then by length within that brand. This might be convenient for the store, but not so much for customers searching for items that they might not know exist. If you know exactly what you are looking for, then it doesn't matter too much how blades are categorized.

I would like to see different organizations- primarily by length first. If I have a certain heli, I need a certain length blade for it. Within each blade range, they should be organized by price and material (carbon, fiberglass, wood, plastic).

PLEASE, whatever you do, if nothing else, indicate if an item is in stock and be honest about it. NOTHING is more frustrating than to be led on to think an item is in stock, place your order, get charged, then told your item is on backorder.

Some sort of live indication of stock quantity would be great. I've seen this implemented when stock numbers are limited.

Allow for repeat customers with logins AND for guests without the need to log in to make purchases.

Use pull-down menus sparingly. Sometimes I run into problems placing orders when I'm putting in my billing address. My state is "AE" for armed forces in Europe, and this option is often omitted in these menus. Please accomodate troops overseas with US Post Office shipping to (APO, AE) and the other variants.

thanks
Gadget01 is offline Find More Posts by Gadget01