HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2007, 08:31 AM
Western Massachusetts
Joined Jul 2007
32 Posts
Discussion
Processing times getting unacceptable

Have had great success with United Hobbies in the past but the last two orders have taken over a week just to ship small in stock items. Writing customer support doesn't help because they just flat out lied to me both times. When I inqiured why my in stock items showed still processing after a week I was told the warehouse just forgot ( both times ) to update the order tracking and in fact they shipped within 24 hours. Guess what I used to receive all orders within 10 days now it's been over three weeks and nothing!! One of the orders shipped registered and it now says the order left Hong Kong on the 23rd. Love the prices of United but since I've established that they just plain lied about inquiries on two separate occasions I won't order anything significant from them again. I have to trust who I'm doing business with. I'll give them another week then I'll file a claim with Paypal
bluemax50 is offline Find More Posts by bluemax50
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2007, 04:13 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8 Posts
just ordered two small pieces two days ago ... today already posted ...
tempus is offline Find More Posts by tempus
Old Aug 26, 2007, 10:20 PM
The reviewer
Tokoroa
Joined Mar 2004
3,827 Posts
Stuff I ordered last week is reported as waiting for me to pick up by the post-office tracking system. I'm about to head off and pick it up.

Will report back -- but it certainly seems as if UH/HC has got their act together, although it would appear that (in a few cases) there are still some cracks that orders can fall through.
XJet is offline Find More Posts by XJet
Old Aug 26, 2007, 10:56 PM
early retired & loving it
USA, AZ, Kingman
Joined Aug 2005
1,229 Posts
I had a problem with an order on 8/13.
After asking many times for a satisfactory answer as I was not getting one, someone went out of their way to actually check on it. There was a problem that orders for that day were sent to the warehouse but not actually received and picked. When they finally realized it they told me and took care of it within 1-2 days.
bnrusso is offline Find More Posts by bnrusso
Old Aug 27, 2007, 12:44 AM
The reviewer
Tokoroa
Joined Mar 2004
3,827 Posts
Well here's the promised update...

For speed of processing and delivery: 10/10

For accuracy and sending what was ordered: zilch, zero, nada, nix, nil

See the other thread I've started for details.

Why did I even think of wasting more money with these people?
XJet is offline Find More Posts by XJet
Old Aug 27, 2007, 02:41 AM
Australia
Joined Oct 2000
1,221 Posts
I cant beleive the complains UH gets..like everything else if u dont like it dont buy from them..they have plenty of customers..last night I saw 31000 users online!!!!!

UH have PLENTY of takers... I dont work for UH..I have bad and good orders..in the end it worked out.
MartinL is offline Find More Posts by MartinL
Old Aug 27, 2007, 08:22 AM
Evil China
Joined Jul 2007
246 Posts
Hi Guys.
Sorry for the recent delays on some order.
I can assure you the issue isnt systemic, it relates to just a few products.
If you're have real trouble and the order is urgent you can give us a call and have it sorted out over the phone instantly.

We have a new CS officer starting this week, solely for the chat system. We hope this will help customers who need an order checked, fixed or updated quickly.

Regards
Anthony
Anthony Hand is offline Find More Posts by Anthony Hand
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 27, 2007, 09:54 AM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinL
I cant beleive the complains UH gets..like everything else if u dont like it dont buy from them..they have plenty of customers..last night I saw 31000 users online!!!!!

UH have PLENTY of takers... I dont work for UH..I have bad and good orders..in the end it worked out.
You don't SERIOUSLY think there are really 31,000 users on their site?
easytiger is offline Find More Posts by easytiger
Old Aug 27, 2007, 06:46 PM
Australia
Joined Oct 2000
1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanarsiePhil

I can only go by their system..it does fluctuate, especially when US and Europe go to sleep. It average at around 10,000.

Antony can explain the numbers..is it really a real number??????
MartinL is offline Find More Posts by MartinL
Old Aug 28, 2007, 08:24 AM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Inflated at least ten times. You can look it up on various sites that rate web traffic.
No law says he has to tell you the truth on his site counters, it's just a little PR move. not illegal. But not honest, either.
easytiger is offline Find More Posts by easytiger
Old Aug 28, 2007, 07:05 PM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanarsiePhil
Yes its really 31,000. I have 31,000 computers in my office and all connected to UH. I get a huge discount from UH for padding the numbers like this.
fly4fun is offline Find More Posts by fly4fun
Old Aug 29, 2007, 04:57 AM
Antibes, France
Joined Jun 2006
119 Posts
Hi,
In a few hours, like Fly4fun, I will add 31,000 more PC doing nothing at my home, to be sure that 24 hours a day the HC site is busy... (lol)
But just a question: were are the posts and answers from Anthony on RC group? At a certain time, he was quite omnipresent... I have to say he made a good effort on the service and shipment aspects. Very good work!
A huge complain says he now needs to reorganize the inventory: no lipos, no motors, no ESC, no propellers,... So, what to buy? Just wait and see?
Clark06000 is offline Find More Posts by Clark06000
Last edited by Clark06000; Aug 29, 2007 at 08:30 AM.