HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2007, 10:42 PM
5 miles from the geographical center of Pennsylvania
Joined Aug 2005
2,144 Posts
I don't want to take it into politics, because I prefer to limit the politics relative to my hobbies as much as possible. There are plenty of places on the internet to discuss politics.

That being said, I think we need to recognize how the laws of the U.S. affect discussion on the subject of UAV's. It's a gray area, and I'm pretty paranoid about it.
Unterhausen is offline Find More Posts by Unterhausen
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2007, 09:45 PM
North London ENGLAND
Joined Dec 2006
1,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Harris
I think they go with the "The best defense is offense" idea. Pitty this applies to sports and not to international relations.
I agree that ; unfortunately the current political climate,(sponsored by the Defence Industry chiefly) is "Do unto others before they do unto you."
Whether they actually are going to do, or are even able to do, is something kept quiet about. The only WMDs in Iraq were the ones the Allied forces took there. The bulk of which will no doubt be left there, as they were in Vietnam when that adventure went sour.One bright historical spot, all the Somali's got was a trashed Blackhawk.Lets face it, there are three sorts of people who can't run countries, Generals, Lawyers, and Mullahs!
macboffin is offline Find More Posts by macboffin
Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:13 PM
Minnesota
Joined Sep 2004
504 Posts
I ran across this article today. Taken completely out of context and ignoring the logical explanations I could humously conclude that perhaps Iraq hid all their WMD at the UN in NYC, right under our noses. :-)

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...rpc=22&sp=true
clolson is online now Find More Posts by clolson
Old Sep 03, 2007, 11:30 PM
USA
Joined Feb 2005
408 Posts
Gawd.... I hope the FBI, CIA and every other
agency is monitoring this thread....

God bless the U.S.A.

AB
AirmanBob is offline Find More Posts by AirmanBob
Old Sep 04, 2007, 01:41 AM
Joined May 2001
2,952 Posts
It's still unclear to me why Amir's first post in his thread is hidden. If he cross-posted, where's the original post?

This smacks of something more, which I don't think I like.

Luke
LukeZ is offline Find More Posts by LukeZ
Old Sep 04, 2007, 03:21 AM
Tesla's Workshop
USA, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2004
2,453 Posts
Amir's post is ok...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735122

He's only guilty of spamming and being seventeen. Nothing sinister here.

Why do people care that a 17year old Iranian got spanked for spamming? Why does the fact that his post is no longer is listed on a privately held message board worry anybody for any reason? I don't get it... Especially since his design is so.... um.... impractical.

Jeff (NSA)
workshop is online now Find More Posts by workshop
Last edited by workshop; Sep 04, 2007 at 03:32 AM.
Old Sep 05, 2007, 01:38 AM
Joined May 2001
2,952 Posts
Ok, there we are. Guess I got mixed around with all the cross-posts, deleted posts, etc... Looks like we're straightened out again.

Luke
LukeZ is offline Find More Posts by LukeZ