HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2007, 05:29 AM
Magic Blue Smoke costs to much
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Discussion
SebArt Sukhoi 29S 50E

Well boy's and girl's a mate of mine who also happens to own the local hobby shop, Aaron from www.qikazz.com.au, made a home delivery to my house today. My new Sebart Sukhoi 29S 50E had turned up and boy'o'boy does it look fine. After a quick look at the art work on the box it was time to whip the lid off and put my fingerprints all over the fuze. As with the SebArt Katana, the Sukhoi is well packed and all the parts are wraped in plastic and taped to the box so as not to move around and damage each other in transit.
As I already have the 50 Katana in green and red I ordered the Sukhoi in blue and red, the first thing that I noticed was that the blue was a metallic and looks very sweet in the afternoon sun. Some of the other things that I like about the Sukhoi over the Katana is the hardware pack which includes ball links instead of clevis's, also it includes the tailwheel wire which I was thrilled with as my Katana kit was missing the tail wheel assembly.
The Sukhoi is alittle larger than the Katana at 61 in wing span with a wing area of some 80 sq in.

My plan is to start a build thread on the Sukhoi to show you all this sexy looking airframe, so make yourself a cuppa and put your lipo's on charge because here we go.......
jason H is offline Find More Posts by jason H
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2007, 06:04 AM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
And last of all abit of bench flying.......
Old Aug 25, 2007, 07:25 AM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
Our local hobby stores haven't got a clue about electrics and never carry stuff like this. All they carry is one or two Horizon Hobbies models. Forget about buying anything else for electrics.

What's going to be your power system? Did you weigh all the parts to determine your starting weight?

Thanks for sharing.

Kelvin
kelvin is offline Find More Posts by kelvin
Old Aug 25, 2007, 07:45 AM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Hey Kelvin, sorry to here about your local hobby shop, kinda suck ha.....

Yep i've weighed each part in the kit but not the radio or power system yet.

I'll be running the same power system as my 50 Katana, Hacker A50-14S, Hacker X70 SBec-Pro speedie with Flightpower 3700-6s swinging an APC 16x10E. This system has a HUGE amount of grunt and will be more than enough power to fly the Sukhoi around.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 07:54 AM
Tragic case
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2002
5,866 Posts
I've found a geared motor and a 5S 3700 to have easily enough power on the sebart katana 50. 9 minutes of flying mixed pattern aerobatics and hovering practice with a 17x8 prop uses around 2200 mah.
davidleitch is offline Find More Posts by davidleitch
Old Aug 25, 2007, 07:59 AM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidleitch
I've found a geared motor and a 5S 3700 to have easily enough power on the sebart katana 50. 9 minutes of flying mixed pattern aerobatics and hovering practice with a 17x8 prop uses around 2200 mah.
Wow, thats not bad. Don't like gearboxes to much, make to much noise and tend to break/bent to easy for me.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 03:11 PM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Well not much building has been going on the last few days as i've been moving house and my hanger has got cr*p everywhere in it. It may take afew weeks to sort it all out so building the Sukhoi may be alittle slow at first.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 03:33 PM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Say all that I did manage to make a start late last night.......

Section 1.

The first step in the manual is to glue the wing fillets to the wing panels with medium CA. Not to much can go wrong here but remember to check that you have the right fillet for the right wing panel.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 03:39 PM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
And afew finished photo's of the wing panels mounted to the fuze.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 06:21 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,457 Posts
Jason

I am not going to send you the Plans for the Python if you don't get this thing in the air and give us a flight report with video!!

It only has one wing but this looks like a good canidate for the same power system as I have in the 48'' python

good luck and hurry up

Dennis
Dennis C is offline Find More Posts by Dennis C
Old Aug 30, 2007, 03:02 AM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Not a problem Dennis, I plane on doing alot of work to the Sukhoi this weekend so lots of photo's will be posted real soon.

ps. can't wait to start work on the Python......
Old Oct 04, 2007, 03:29 PM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
3,799 Posts
Well here is finally a plane which can use the A-123 cells. Mine is on order. I intend to power it with a Hacker A50-12s.
Madmax1965 is offline Find More Posts by Madmax1965
Old Oct 09, 2007, 09:17 AM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
3,799 Posts
What happen to the build thread?

Anyone know the dry weight of this plane(less batteries & motor)?
Madmax1965 is offline Find More Posts by Madmax1965