SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 20, 2002, 07:01 PM
Joined Nov 2002
11 Posts
Another First Flight Report for Speed Stick

I've had an rc car, an rc boat but this was my first rc plane and flew it for 20 minutes without crashing. I think it shows how well this plane performs and how lucky I am Left turns seem to be a pain ( guess I need the Boomerace enginemount).. but I corrected it with nosing up.. reduce throttle and let it nose over.. makes for a nice tight turn. Just to be on the safe side I tested it in a field with lots of soft grass.

JRXF421EX 5 channel
12x6 prop
8 cell 800 mah 9.6 volt
Castle Creations Sprite- 25 speed controller (Boomerace... remember my other esc caught fire... I took it back to the store and exchanged it for this one.. paid a little extra.. but it works pretty good)
JimCam_34 is offline Find More Posts by JimCam_34
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2002, 07:21 PM
Joined Nov 2002
11 Posts
I had another crazy Idea to make it easier for swapping batteries and to provide payload capacity... Cup a Plane anyone?

I have'nt flight tested it.. but seems sturdy and light. I should be able to add another servo to open/close a door for the cup so that bombs or paratroopers can drop free.
JimCam_34 is offline Find More Posts by JimCam_34
Old Nov 20, 2002, 10:03 PM
Why yes, I DO work for GP
Danville Vermilion, Illinois, United States
Joined Oct 2002
326 Posts
Wow... I can almost see the drag coming off that thing, and it's sittin' still! Cool idea, tho.
FlightofSong is offline Find More Posts by FlightofSong