HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by kobkobico, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 11:18 PM
Lucid Dreamer
USA, CA, Temecula
Joined Jul 2005
646 Posts
Discussion
Well, that's the end for now.

What little flying I have done over the years is gone for now, at least for the next two weeks when I just might get a Air Hogs Havoc because waiting for calm days is getting on my nerves. I took the "good 'ol" "reliable" Shun Da Sky Hawk out to the local park after a quick test at home to make sure it worked. After the walk to the park I turn it on and the control surfaces go nice and smoothly (at least for being the plane it is). I try to turn on the motor, and when I press the button on the plane the motor fires into life until I take it off. The motor dies. I repeat. Same thing keeps happening. I was guessing it would never go, but eventually it went and I decided to give it a toss, and at the worst I would ditch it because the plane was half broken anyways. The plane bobbed around a bit stalling, and gave a sharp turn to the right before crashing. I'm thinking there was just a lot of interference there, and I could not do a range test because I went alone. Needless to say, after so many crashes and this not being the first time the plane has given me these problems I am dubbing this plane retired. After a whopping 9 flights (no seriously, I had it for 3 years and only flew it 9 times, and only 5 or so could even be considered flights unlike the previous one which I counted for good measure) the plane is dead.

I suppose some good came of that. First are bragging rights for me to say that I got the Shun Da Sky Hawk to fly for the entire duration of the battery when most people said it wouldn't work. Not much, but I got to have my pride! Second is a small amount of experience in flying what I think is a brick with wings. It may seem light, but it was extremely underpowered by that 380 motor. Last, it introduced me into "large" radio controlled aircraft and although I will not be able to buy another "big" plane because I am too young, and can only get a job in two years unless I babysit, but I think my parents don't have a problem with getting me a small havoc to have some fun with. As of now my whole "fleet" over about 4 years is dead. Alright, my Shun Da Sky Hawk, Syma Dragonfly, Sport Aero Ace, and Air Hogs Skywinder but you get my drift. Surprisingly the Syma Dragonfly worked very well but the battery died or something. I liked the scale appearance on that one. I hope one day I can fly a better plane with a radio with a range of more than 100 feet but for now these cheapies are good enough for me!
kobkobico is offline Find More Posts by kobkobico
to remove ads between posts