SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 20, 2007, 08:42 PM
Joined May 2007
90 Posts
Help!
USB Sim Cable & FMS not working properly...

Got my USB cable today from Helidirect and I can not get FMS to work properly and have searched the forums for any assistance with setup.

Looking for some help with the setup...

It seems like the left stick in FMS is moving diagonally and I can not get it to not do that. I am also not able to get the right stick to work period.

Windows (windblows) XP recognized the E-Sky controller as some 6axis type controller and not anything that FMS or clearview will recognize...

HELP!

And for those of you that say to check the FMS website, there is no assistance from that website for the USB controller interface... nothing to help fix what windblows is seeing...
dBuster2007 is offline Find More Posts by dBuster2007
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2007, 08:56 PM
innocent victim
Houston TX
Joined May 2007
6,034 Posts
My esky controller has a short in the wires that connect the plug to the internal circuit board and I have issues getting mine to work correctly too, maybe you have a faulty connection inside as well.
Blade_Killer is offline Find More Posts by Blade_Killer
Old Aug 20, 2007, 09:26 PM
Joined May 2007
90 Posts
I have finally played with it enough to get it to work somewhat with FMS but will not get it to work correctly with clearview which I Would prefer to use.... Argh!! Stuck with flying my dragonfly4 with FMS and not the king with clearview...

Anyone else with some insight??
Old Aug 20, 2007, 10:23 PM
Indiana
Joined Nov 2004
626 Posts
What transmitter are you using?
OnGuard is offline Find More Posts by OnGuard
Old Aug 21, 2007, 10:34 AM
Joined May 2007
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnGuard
What transmitter are you using?

I am using the E-sky 0406 transmitter...

Do you know a good setup to use or how to get windblows to recognize it differently for clearview?
Old Aug 21, 2007, 11:08 AM
Crash=change of flying medium
Boulder, CO
Joined May 2002
1,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dBuster2007
Got my USB cable today from Helidirect and I can not get FMS to work properly and have searched the forums for any assistance with setup.
It seems like the left stick in FMS is moving diagonally and I can not get it to not do that. I am also not able to get the right stick to work period.
Your 0406 transmitter has a hard wired CCPM mix, which can't be disabled! None of cheap Chinese interfaces can un-mix CCPM, so, don't waste your money buying them (I can't understand why a reputable company like Helidirect sells this crap--probably they buy these interfaces by weight!).
Sorry for unhelpful rant, but I saw how this interface is made and found out that it's a 7-bit unit (i.e., the whole motion range has only about 100 steps) and I couldn't help...

Any way, the only interface, which can work with EK2-0406A transmitter is sold my MileHighWings:
http://milehighwings.com/index.php?cPath=22
It supports de-mixing of CCPM signal of this and older ESky transmitters as well as E-flite Blade CP TX:

Boris
MileHighWings R&D
bluesky123 is offline Find More Posts by bluesky123
Old Sep 22, 2007, 07:38 PM
SJ, CR
Joined Sep 2007
4 Posts
Hey dBuster2007,

Take a look at this thread, here is probably the solution to your problem:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715315

Let me know if it works since I have the same transmitter and want to by a cheap cable that works!!!

Thanks!
alexandersv is offline Find More Posts by alexandersv
Old Sep 24, 2007, 02:46 AM
Wolverhampton,United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2007
116 Posts
I don't know why people spend their money on these cables when all you need is a 4 pin s-video plug (to plug into the esky tx) a 3.5 mm microphone jack (to plug into your mic input on your pc) a length of 2 core cable (such as speaker cable) a 10K and 1K resistor and SmartPropoplus.

The whole process of making the cable and setting up SmartPropoplus took me less than 10 minutes and i was flying my HB CP2 in Fms,the same setup also works for clearview.
Griff1 is offline Find More Posts by Griff1
Old Sep 24, 2007, 07:48 AM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,031 Posts
soldering skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff1
I don't know why people spend their money on these cables when all you need is a 4 pin s-video plug (to plug into the esky tx) a 3.5 mm microphone jack (to plug into your mic input on your pc) a length of 2 core cable (such as speaker cable) a 10K and 1K resistor and SmartPropoplus.

The whole process of making the cable and setting up SmartPropoplus took me less than 10 minutes and i was flying my HB CP2 in Fms,the same setup also works for clearview.
Not all are blessed with good soldering skills or know enough about electronics to be able to asamble this cable.
For the price i think the esky usb cable is a greath value and as far as i can tell only 5 uds more then the parts to build your audio cable.

Btw when you have connected the usb cable/ tx go to the windows control panel and the game controllers part ot calibrate the "joystick" that might already solve your problems.

ANd for the more techical ones ; i have openned the case and put some hot glue where the cable goes into the case and closed with the glue still hot.
This results in a verry durable cable conection.
cmulder is offline Find More Posts by cmulder
Old Sep 25, 2007, 02:08 PM
Joined Jun 2007
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff1

I tried today to solder the cable but without the resistors. It works but the signal is jumping. Tomorrow I will go to buy the resistors. Where do I put them? On the signal cable I suppose. And yes. The switches to disable ccpm in the esky transmitter works and I have done an unstable test flight in FMS.
d3nys is offline Find More Posts by d3nys
Old Sep 25, 2007, 03:30 PM
Joined Aug 2007
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3nys
I tried today to solder the cable but without the resistors. It works but the signal is jumping. Tomorrow I will go to buy the resistors. Where do I put them? On the signal cable I suppose. And yes. The switches to disable ccpm in the esky transmitter works and I have done an unstable test flight in FMS.
Take a look here = http://www.darkhorserc.com/other/esky-simcable.htm

There's a wiring diagram a little ways down the page that will show you where you put the resistors.

With this method you don't need to unmix the ccpm,make sure you tick the esky 6 channel ccpm filter as shown in this pic and then calibrate your controls.

EDIT: Take your tx crystal out too and your battery's will last longer.
Old Oct 09, 2007, 08:33 PM
Happy Trees
Colorady
Joined Mar 2005
1,332 Posts
Hoping you guys can help me out.
I just got a new coax with the FMS sim and usb cord.
I'm able to calibrate the radio in joystick mode, but when I try to use it to fly it does nothing.
What am I doing wrong?
m4rs is offline Find More Posts by m4rs
Old Oct 11, 2007, 05:13 AM
Joined Aug 2007
116 Posts
Are you using it in conjuction with SmartPropoPlus or just the sim?
I've seen elsewhere that the resistence on the cable is usually too low,it may work if you plug it into a usb hub.
Last edited by Griff1; Oct 11, 2007 at 05:18 AM.