HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2002, 07:20 AM
Michele Somaschini, Spain
Madrid (Spain)
Joined Sep 2001
1,102 Posts
Any information about the ORGANIC?

Hi all.

I'm looking for some information about the ORGANIC. It's a V tail sailplane made somewhere in eastern Europe.

It's designed without motor installation but there's a conversion kit to install something like a 600.

Thanks for help,

RookieOne
RookieOne is offline Find More Posts by RookieOne
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2002, 07:47 AM
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jun 2001
226 Posts
Re; Organic

I have the 2-meter glider version--Great plane!

They are made or distributed by "FVK" in Europe. Apparently FVK is being split up or sold or something as posted somewhere on this board in the past few weeks. Do a search on Ezone for more info. At any rate they were hard to get before and I imagine harder to get now.

They are (were?) sold in the US by Northeast Sailplanes and Aero Model.

Try these:

nesail.com/organic.html

and

aero-model.com/planes/fvk/index.htm

Bill in Minneapolis
wjjones is offline Find More Posts by wjjones
Old Nov 20, 2002, 08:02 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,783 Posts
This is FVK's own website (in English):

http://www.fvk.de/

I was assured that all models shown on the website are readily available (though there is a waiting list for some of them, the Mini Graphite in particular).
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Nov 20, 2002, 01:56 PM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,115 Posts
The Organic is available in several different versions, both glider and electric as well as differing wing chords and spans. I have the 2.5m version with a Hacker B40-8L + 4.4:1 gearbox, on 8 cells and a 14 x 10 prop, it will just about climb vertically. It's a superb soarer and is a real treat to fly once you have it sorted out.

They are made in the Ukraine and are sold under the FVK name in Europe. Not cheap, but a superb model for the money!
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Nov 20, 2002, 06:32 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,595 Posts
The real source

Look here:
Vladimir's Model,maker of the Graphite, Organic....

Contact info:

Victoria Gavrilko,sales@airplane-model.com Sales manager of "Vladimir's Model"

I believe she is in Switzerland.
bhchan is offline Find More Posts by bhchan
Old Nov 20, 2002, 07:17 PM
Tragic case
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2002
5,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GordonTarling
It's a superb soarer and is a real treat to fly once you have it sorted out.

Hi Gordon

Is the sorting process different to any other glider? Do you CG elevator/crow mix and the like?

dave

I am supposedly picking one of these up from Europe next week bought by mail order from Vlad's models. My understanding is that one of the two ex partners of FVK is now working or in partnership with Vlad's models.

Its interesting to note that the old FVK site is now listing several new models including large gliders, a molded pylon racer and a 3D plane. Whether distribution will be as good as in the past we shall have to see.
davidleitch is offline Find More Posts by davidleitch
Old Nov 22, 2002, 08:21 AM
Supersonic Engineering
Joined Mar 2001
3,115 Posts
David - the 'sorting' is mainly getting the various throws and mixes so that the model flies as you might wish. It's easy enough to get it roughly right and have some good flights with the model, but the 'fine' tuning can take a bit longer.

The two 'problems' I have encountered (minor really) are that of being able to move the CG back far enough - I have all my gear as far back as possible and I would like to try CG a little further aft still. Second problem could be me, could be the model, but frequently when turning, it seems to yaw the tail round quite violently on occasion. I'm still playing with aileron/rudder mix to try and get this sorted.

Please don't get me wrong - this is a great model to fly and I'm sure you won't regret buying it for a moment. I'm sure any other similar glider would take me as long to get fine tuned also!
Old Nov 22, 2002, 08:47 PM
USA, NY, Chestnut Ridge
Joined Jun 2000
1,694 Posts
I would agree with Gordon. I didn't mount my receiver and servos far enough aft to be able to place the battery where I'd like. If I had it to do again, I'd make a removable tray for the servos and put them into the tail aft of the wing saddle.

-Ben
Ben Diss is offline Find More Posts by Ben Diss
Old Nov 24, 2002, 06:18 AM
Supersonic Engineering
Joined Mar 2001
3,115 Posts
Ben - FWIW I have my servos mounted IN the tail halves. Receiver battery is at rear of wing opening, with receiver behind that. I think I may be able to shift the receiver battery a bit further aft if I can squeeze the receiver further down the tail boom. I'm going to give this a try soon, because I'd REALLY like to try the model on 10 cells.
Old Nov 24, 2002, 08:17 AM
USA, NY, Chestnut Ridge
Joined Jun 2000
1,694 Posts
I'm flying mine with a Hacker B40-6L/4.4:1, 13x11 prop, 7 N-1000SCR cells pulling 42A.

What motor are you running?

-Ben
Ben Diss is offline Find More Posts by Ben Diss
Old Nov 25, 2002, 04:09 AM
Supersonic Engineering
Joined Mar 2001
3,115 Posts
Ben - I assume that last question was directed toward me?

Anyway - Hacker B40-8L + 4.4:1, 8 x CP1700, 14 x 10 RFM prop. Current draw is almost dead-on 50 Amps.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 03:52 PM
sal
NSP (Vermont)
Joined Aug 2000
2,695 Posts
I have two 100" electric Organics coming in. FVK no longer sells these products. The 100" is a perfect 7=cell competiton sailplne.
sal is offline Find More Posts by sal
Old Nov 25, 2002, 06:52 PM
Albuq, NMex USA
Joined Jan 2001
600 Posts
Yeah, a friend of mine just got one and it is about the perfect compromise for 7 cell competition. Very nice!

Mike
MikeC is online now Find More Posts by MikeC
Old Dec 04, 2002, 05:36 PM
Tragic case
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2002
5,875 Posts
Questions re Organic build

Hmm

Just returned from Europe with Organic 2.5E. Indeed a quality kit despite total lack of instructions. Carbon fibre everywhere. Can't imagine a stronger built up plane. Hinges appear to be wire inside a tube, looks very reliable. Putting in a Hacker B40 8L on 8 x cp1700. Will probably be too much wing area for Australian 7 cell competition, but won't worry me.

Mine has the servo cutouts in the tail. However nothing bigger than a Hitec 81 will fit there, but that should be adequate for the weight. Also planning to use the newish Hitec wing servos for the ailerons and flaps. Should be a good fit.

The included accessory bag has two pieces of plastic that look like two pronged forks with the head at an angle to the handle. Anyone know what these are? I haven't seen them in any previous kit.

I read in other posts that crow is not necessary the flaps do a good enough job on their own. Is that still the opinion?

How much rudder is mixed in with the aileron?

This is my first 3 part wing plane, should thewing tips be taped on for each flight or just use the supplied tip joiner?
davidleitch is offline Find More Posts by davidleitch
Old Dec 05, 2002, 03:53 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,473 Posts
Re: Questions re Organic build

Quote:
Originally posted by davidleitch
The included accessory bag has two pieces of plastic that look like two pronged forks with the head at an angle to the handle. Anyone know what these are? I
I suspect these to be the V-tail control horns
WimH is offline Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: That elusive thermal...