SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 19, 2007, 03:22 PM
Imperial Beach, CA, USA
Joined Mar 2001
340 Posts
Discussion
16th Annual Otay Lake Float Fly, San Diego, CA, USA Sunday, November 18, 2007

Are you ready to try something different with your airplane or heli?

Are you ready to have some fun on the water?

Then plan on attending the 16th Annual Otay Lake Float Fly on Sunday, November 18, 2007, starting at 7am!

Spend the day at the Lower Otay reservoir with your friends and your favorite float plane and flying boat, or be the first one to bring out a heli that is ready for water-borne operations.

Landing fees are only $10 and freshly cooked burgers/hots dogs and ice cold sodas/water will be available to satisfy your palate.

If you have not experienced taking off water yet, you are in for a treat.
Words alone cannot describe the feeling of being at the lake's edge in the cool morning air.
You place your float plane in the water and start taxiing away.
The ripples start to form on the glass-like surface.
You check the wind direction one more time and then turn into it.
You throttle up, water splashing around, and within seconds you have your majestic aircraft circling above the lake.
And the spectators are watching with a little bit of envy, wishing they could be the ones doing this cool thing called Float Flying!

Well it is not too late, you have a few weeks to think about and prepare for this fun event.

For up to date information and to explore float flying resources visit www.OtayLakeFloatFly.org
Stelio is offline Find More Posts by Stelio
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2007, 04:53 PM
Imperial Beach, CA, USA
Joined Mar 2001
340 Posts
Only two weeks to go for the Otay Lake Float Fly!!!

www.OtayLakeFloatFly.org
Stelio is offline Find More Posts by Stelio
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:19 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,321 Posts
Great event, Stelio!

Got my floats for the 25e UltraStick and fitted them yesterday. Now I can't wait for next year so I'll probably go bug the Poway Skimmers for a little flight time on a Monday. This rekindled my love for float planes since I lived in the Puget Sound area but sold my lake stuff before moving down. Mistake.

mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood