HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2007, 04:51 AM
Solihull, England
Joined Jun 2004
961 Posts
Discussion
Goggles and Headtracker

There are a number of headtrackers that connect via the training port to Futaba transmitters. But how when using them do you connect a safety pilot who is not wearing goggles, as the training port is occupied?

regards Peter
Peter Seddon is offline Find More Posts by Peter Seddon
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2007, 05:25 AM
Resistance is Futile
United States, FL, Panama City Beach
Joined Oct 2001
2,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Seddon
There are a number of headtrackers that connect via the training port to Futaba transmitters. But how when using them do you connect a safety pilot who is not wearing goggles, as the training port is occupied?

regards Peter
The only one I have tried doing that with is the TrackR1 from Aeropix. You have to make your own connector/adapter.

Camship
camship is offline Find More Posts by camship
Old Aug 19, 2007, 06:35 AM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camship
The only one I have tried doing that with is the TrackR1 from Aeropix. You have to make your own connector/adapter.

Camship
It's worth mentioning that AnthonyRC who makes the TrackR1 has been working on something to do the job. AFAIK some units are being beta tested last I heard (or think I heard)

Really a neat addition. I've taken off and accidentally crossed the flight line in seconds while tryin to get my orientation. You would think that you could just take off in a straight line, but on a windy day that doesn't always happen.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old Aug 19, 2007, 11:02 AM
Solihull, England
Joined Jun 2004
961 Posts
Camship - are you suggesting switching the trainer port from the headtarcker to the safety pilots transmitter or is there some way of leaving the safety transmitter permanetly connected?

Peter
Peter Seddon is offline Find More Posts by Peter Seddon