SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 18, 2007, 05:36 PM
Chichester,
Joined Jun 2007
513 Posts
Discussion
Stupid Question Or Not?

Hey I am still learning loads and pushig the bowndries, I currently have A freeair blade epp Such a durable plane. Does anyone know if there is a Good Precision EPP plane Avaliable in the UK?? That will work with my only setup...
Hyperion 3S 400mah Lipo, Hyperion 2205/46 brushless outrunner motor, Hyperion Titan 10 ESC, 2x 5.6g servos, 1x 9g servo
I know that EPP isnt the most precise material but if there isnt a good one ill have to think about a depron one and if so which depron plane is good for Precision.. Thanks alot in advance Jk
jamiekerr is offline Find More Posts by jamiekerr
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2007, 06:14 PM
Joined Apr 2005
432 Posts
We've been through this?

Ikarus F3A will be precise, but will only do the 3d if its kept light. If its light then it wont be precise in any sort of wind.

Precision epp = Acromaster or Sniper.

Sniper can be 3d'ed with 2100mah maxpolys (damn good set up for freestyle, 3d as good, pattern much improved)

Acromaster is much more of a proper plane.

Whats wrong with the blade? A few people have flown this + many of the other shocky type models - my question is how much worse is the blade at F3A?

R
JEvans is offline Find More Posts by JEvans
Old Aug 18, 2007, 06:18 PM
Chichester,
Joined Jun 2007
513 Posts
Its just to Flimsy... If I was to do a rolling harrier most planes without rudder input slighly turn this one turn violently.... Its ok But I am just thinking of my options... And opinions... yea the sniper would be better but then thats A completely diff setup. Just seems that you dont want me to maybe get another plane at somepoint. Jk
Knife edge= Serious Coupling.
Inverted wings make a big v shape.
I have put about a metre's worth of Carbon Fibre rod which has helped. But a Depron Could be a nocer plane when the blase getds retired. Could be a while mind you?
Old Aug 19, 2007, 05:07 AM
Joined Apr 2005
432 Posts
Turning violently sounds more like wrong timing to me - unless of course youve tried it on another plane and its fine?

when you retire the blade, get the Ikarus F3A - its the best chance you've got at that size. Ultimate answer is to upsize.

Reuben
Old Aug 19, 2007, 05:26 AM
Chichester,
Joined Jun 2007
513 Posts
Yea Well I practice loads on G3.5 and i can do them pritty darn well. Very sure its not timing on the blade. Yea whenever I retire It im thinking one of the Ikarus range whether its the f3a or yak.. JK
Old Aug 19, 2007, 06:57 AM
Joined Apr 2005
432 Posts
f3a will do better pattern
Old Aug 19, 2007, 07:59 AM
Chichester,
Joined Jun 2007
513 Posts
Yea not sure whether I prefer Pure 3D or Pattern??
Old Aug 19, 2007, 08:47 AM
Joined Apr 2005
432 Posts
Sorry - what i should have said was that the f3a will do better pattern than the yak and be more precise + it will 3d as good as the yak (when it is light enough)
Old Aug 19, 2007, 08:55 AM
Chichester,
Joined Jun 2007
513 Posts
Ok kl thanks for the info will bear that in mind Jk!
Old Aug 20, 2007, 04:02 PM
Chichester,
Joined Jun 2007
513 Posts
Which out of the Ikarus Yak And F3A handle the wind better if any diffrence, Im just thinking if I was to go with the F3A. Where it will always be outside the precision will be minimal, so would the Yak be better suited to the weather condition's?
Becasue the F3A may struggle/will struggle the be precision in a slight wind'ish
What do you guys think?? Jk
Old Aug 20, 2007, 04:49 PM
Joined Apr 2005
432 Posts
erm, dont really understand what your saying, could you rewrite it so i can understand?

Reuben
Old Aug 20, 2007, 05:35 PM
Chichester,
Joined Jun 2007
513 Posts
Um which out of the 2 will handle the wind best.
I would suspect the f3a is a less of a choice because its designed for precision, but for where I live there is always a slight breeze. So the F3A will not live up to its f3a name so the 3D yak may be better suited. ?? JK
Old Aug 21, 2007, 06:40 AM
Joined Apr 2005
432 Posts
I would still go for the f3a, its a better plane than the yak, whatever the wind
Old Aug 21, 2007, 08:31 AM
Chichester,
Joined Jun 2007
513 Posts
Yea I have heard the yak is better f3a is better, Suppose I will make up my mind when i come to order it..jk
Old Aug 21, 2007, 09:35 AM
Joined Apr 2005
432 Posts
Thats from my point of view anyway, and i do the precision as much as the 3d - also sometimes what works for some doesnt always work for others.

R