Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 19, 2002, 01:47 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Feb 1999
6,004 Posts
If you fly E at COSTA MESA, CA flying field, you must read this or lose your field!

This is posted in another forum also:
Hello,
I just got back from a Costa Mesa City Council meeting regarding the issue of noise and flying of motorized model aircraft in the Fairview Park. I will tell you the warning first and then the breakdown of what happened.
This Saturday, November 23, we must have the quietest of quiet electric powered aircraft flying at the field. NO ZAGIS, NO Ducted Fans, no noisy gearboxes!! This is dead serious!! Plus, no flying close to the houses nearby!
We have a Costa Mesa City Council Member coming to our field to see for herself how much noise electric powered aircraft make. This was in response to an offer to come out and check out electric flight for themselves (kind of an empty promise we had hoped). They were literally about to vote in favor of the electric planes, fingers on the buttons, when somebody said, "Well, they do make a little noise." All they wanted was clarification of electrics and sailplanes vs. GAS planes and then somebody said that.
So, this is the dilemma. Dog and Pony show, no noisy planes in the morning or early afternoon. These people have no idea of what we do and the one who is coming out is very easily swayed as witnessed by her quick turn arounds in the meeting. We must spread the word to those we know who fly there. I will be out there and so will others to make sure she enjoys herself and sees what a great hobby it is, and quiet
On a happy note, this should be a walk in the park if we set a good example. AND, we had random citizens make comments on how they loved the model airplanes and one couple like to have their cup of coffee on their porch and watch them in the morning. Power in numbers people! If we hadn't gone to this meeting in force, and if it wasn't for the work of the club President Carl and a few other people in previous city workshop meetings, the field for electric would have been swept away from a misunderstanding of "Motorized" planes on a piece of paper.
More reaction and comments:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...063#post597063
Troy is offline Find More Posts by Troy
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts