HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2008, 08:25 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOD
Oh yeah, Michael, I don't think you have to worry about the missing spacer too much. Technically, it should be there. Unfortunately, the design doesn't seem to leave room for it. But, the inner race has some play so is able to move away while the outer race will carry the thrust load. So, in reality, the missing spacer probably has little effect.
What would be of greater concern is if the OD of the outer thrust race is contacting the grip.

Of course, all this will be taken care of on mine once I get back on the CNC. The Heiney Head's getting some new grips as well as the seesaw.
MAN !!!! You're full of surprises !!!! If you asked me to name the 'next' part to customize...I NEVER woulda thought bout the grips
Hmmmm...really like the name change ! Wonder if it can be done ? JPC ? Bet he would know HOW
You would agree, that as is, the FS is not proper length for the extra washer ? Could the extra 1mm be taken outta the backside of the grip to accommodate for it ? The belief is that the inner thrust washer is in contact...across the face, of the outer bearing. Is there anything supporting the thrust bearing laterally then ? I mean...it is on the FS. Ohhh...wait, the BOLT holding the grip on is supporting it..never mind
Damn...I'm blabbering on...must be 'cause I'm EXCITED bout the NEW grips !

-Dave
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2008, 09:13 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Taking orders right NOW !! d; )

http://www.liveleak.com/player2.swf?...6b2_1201784970

-Dave
Old Jan 31, 2008, 09:37 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by booger
just found that on the helidirect site wonder what the differences are from the v1
I would think it's got a longer opening where it fits around the hub...to allow more seeing and sawing Matter of fact...Rob, could you snap a pic from the side of you SAH...with the paddle/flybar as low as it will tilt ? The Heiney head that Bob designed and made has alot more elongated slot for the flybar. I'll post a pic of mine soon.

-Dave
Old Jan 31, 2008, 09:47 PM
slippy slimey
oklahoma
Joined Nov 2004
1,769 Posts
Here ya go Dave
booger is offline Find More Posts by booger
Last edited by booger; Jan 31, 2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:04 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Here ya go Dave
Thx man Not sure if they're the same. That's the new head/hub ?

-Dave
Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:11 PM
slippy slimey
oklahoma
Joined Nov 2004
1,769 Posts
I added the wider angle shot to above post and yea it's the V2 hub.
it does look like yours may have some more throw to it
Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:21 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
I added the wider angle shot to above post and yea it's the V2 hub.
it does look like yours may have some more throw to it
Yep I believe you're right ! Bro Bob realized the need for more
Thx again man ! Ya'll still snowed in ?

-Dave
Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:53 PM
slippy slimey
oklahoma
Joined Nov 2004
1,769 Posts
got about 8 inches but hopefully will warm up tomorrow, and the weekend is supposed to be warmer so I hope I get to try out the plastic tail
Old Jan 31, 2008, 11:11 PM
springfield,ma
Joined May 2005
809 Posts
I considering buying the sa kit from HD. If I buy their blue motor can you fly it on 3s or should i put 2 thundr power together for 6s? On 2100 what would be the flight times. Also what pinion should I use on the setup?
renerc is offline Find More Posts by renerc
Old Feb 01, 2008, 12:22 AM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,287 Posts
Hi.
I have my HDX 500 SE V-2 in my hands! Beautiful heli!
I have the 94 teeth main gear and I will fly that bird with 2 3S 2200 LiPos.
HeliDirect has not any motor/pinion right now except 24t pinion
and a 850Kv and I have to wait till March for something else. So I would like to ask if I have to take this one or what to choose?
I don't fly any 3D yet.
Also I would like to change the landing gear. Gaui 500, Lepton or T-Rex 500 would fit better?
I will use GY401 and I am asking: S 9650 fit in the frame, or S 9254 on the boom?
And one last question: What main and rotor blades?
Thanks (once more) for your help.
Takis Katsoris
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
Old Feb 01, 2008, 05:14 AM
slippy slimey
oklahoma
Joined Nov 2004
1,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renerc
I considering buying the sa kit from HD. If I buy their blue motor can you fly it on 3s or should i put 2 thundr power together for 6s? On 2100 what would be the flight times. Also what pinion should I use on the setup?
on 6s and 2400 headspeed I get 6 minutes and put back right at 1600 milliamps in my batteries. I am using the scorpion 3026-10 motor with the align t-500 12 tooth pinion. power is great. I am just a sport flyer to no 3d
Old Feb 01, 2008, 05:24 AM
slippy slimey
oklahoma
Joined Nov 2004
1,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by takiss
Hi.
and a 850Kv and I have to wait till March for something else. So I would like to ask if I have to take this one or what to choose?
I don't fly any 3D yet.
Also I would like to change the landing gear. Gaui 500, Lepton or T-Rex 500 would fit better?
I will use GY401 and I am asking: S 9650 fit in the frame, or S 9254 on the boom?
Takis Katsoris
the 9650 and the 9254 will fit the sah and sas type frames.
there are wider pinion choices available now for the align t-500 12 to 17 tooth
and at readyheli they have the 18 to 24tooth revco pinion's
I have the t-500 landing gear on mine the gaui gear fits as well, any gear outside of stock you choose will have to have new holes drilled to mount it up. there are wide motor choices available but with the stock 94 tooth main gear i would keep it less than 1000kv.
I am using the stock fiberglass 425mm main blades. the t-500 guys have sucked up all the spare 425mm main blades so not much of a choice yet till production ramps up.
hope that helps
Rob
Old Feb 01, 2008, 07:37 AM
slippy slimey
oklahoma
Joined Nov 2004
1,769 Posts
renerc and takiss I am reposting a graph of my setup on 6cell 2200mah batteries.
here is a link to my thread on helifreak of several flights on my setup
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=56518
there is a lot of useful information in this thread about my setup
and here is a youtube video and you can see I am just tooling around with the heli and performance is good I already posted this earlier in the thread so I hope dave doesn't mind me reposting it for you
hdx 500 flyin in the park (5 min 13 sec)

But I really like the performance of the scorpion motor one other guy is also using this motor and his performance seems to be as good as mine
Rob
Last edited by booger; Feb 01, 2008 at 07:44 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2008, 07:54 AM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by takiss
Hi.
I don't fly any 3D yet.
Takis Katsoris
Takis,
I'm using the stock 850kv motor, 18T revco pinion, 75A align ESC, Maxamps 4S1p 4000mah, stock 425mm blades, stock 70mm tail blades, Gaui 550 skid (they raise the SAH and look pretty darn good), 401/9650 in frame. AUW 1647 2200 rpm JPC and I are very pleased with this setup and flying time is 6 mins. Could probably go 8 if I push it.

-Dave
Old Feb 01, 2008, 08:03 AM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,287 Posts
Hi booger and thanks for your help.
I am not sure what heli I have!!! The box was marked as HDX 500 SE-V2. The anti rotation is plastic and mounted in front by 4 side screws, the horizontal fin retainer has no hook the frame is silver G10 and head and tail are silver CNC.
It appears sily description but I am lost with so many versions from various sellers. Mine is from eBay (inethobby).
In this frame 9650 fits nicely, but 9254 is oversized and I have to file the opening. Since 9254 is better servo, I would like to ask if it fits to
MicroHeli CNC Tail Servo Mount that is for S9650. In that case I have to adjust the pushrod that is for frame mount servo (or could I find shorter spare pushrods?).
Any suggestion for motor for 94 T main gear? The Helidirect one for this heli, Scorpion or other?
Thanks for your kind help.
Takis Katsoris
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss