HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2002, 02:59 AM
Slowstick Flyer
NW Georgia
Joined Oct 2002
137 Posts
Which Would Be Better?

Which would be better for my slowstick using 12x6 props..

Radio Shack 9.6v 1600 Nimh or
allerc 8 cell 800 mah Nimh batterys

all I know is the price difference. Which will give me best performance and flight times?
CB435 is offline Find More Posts by CB435
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2002, 04:37 AM
Slowstick Flyer
NW Georgia
Joined Oct 2002
137 Posts
ok 1 more quick question... I was viewing thru manual looking at where the servos and battery is located at....is the battey held on by rubber bands?

And also the control rod where it connects to the servo and to the horn....are both ends supposed to be angled or just 1 end???? By angled it is that one end that isnt straight. Might be a dumb question but im gonna ask it anyways thanks for anyhelp
Old Nov 19, 2002, 05:11 AM
Captain Carnage says......
Seminole (St Pete.), Florida/ Seminole Crash Fest
Joined Jun 2002
5,328 Posts
Re: Which Would Be Better?

Quote:
Originally posted by CB435
Which would be better for my slowstick using 12x6 props..

Radio Shack 9.6v 1600 Nimh or
allerc 8 cell 800 mah Nimh batterys

all I know is the price difference. Which will give me best performance and flight times?

can't speak for the RAD SHACK PACK but i do have a panasonic 1600 mah pack, i purchased the cells loose from the LHS and made my own pack (16.00 dollars for 8 loose cells) and i have 2 800 mah packs from allerc

performance wise i don't see much of a difference...but as expected the 1600 mah (which now peaks at 1714 mah) has given me some very lengthy flight times (full throttle best is 22 minutes)

yes the batteries are supposed to be held on by rubber bands
i have placed velcro on the stick and use both the bands as well as the velcro......can't be too careful...lol

Chuck
AirWarriorBelgy is offline Find More Posts by AirWarriorBelgy
Old Nov 19, 2002, 05:33 AM
MEDIC!!!!!!!
Near Fresno, California
Joined Sep 2002
1,741 Posts
In answer to your servo connection question, the pre-bent end of the pushrod is meant to attach to the control horns. The servo connection is best accomplished by using something similar to the pushrod connector shown on the top of this page: http://www.hobby-lobby.com/balllink.htm
This will allow for easy adjustments of the rod length.

Don't forget that the rudder control horn needs to have a new hole drilled about half way between the lowest hole and base, this will provide full rudder movement.

It's also a good idea to glue the control horn together. The little snap plates that go on the back side can work themselves loose without a little dab of epoxy. I have found that the foam safe CA doesn't work well with the SS foam.

Happy flying, I really enjoy my SS
Kevin
roguewolf is offline Find More Posts by roguewolf
Old Nov 19, 2002, 07:34 AM
Walled Lake, MI, USA
Joined Feb 2000
11,182 Posts
The larger 1600mAh cells will provide longer flights, but are also heavier. So even though both cells should produce roughly the same motor power, the reduced weight of the smaller 800mAh cells will make the aircraft more responsive and lively. The heavier cells may help on windy days, when higher wing loading can help improve stability. In other words, having both size packs to choose from for different conditions would be better than having just one or the other.
Dave Hederich is offline Find More Posts by Dave Hederich
Old Nov 19, 2002, 04:07 PM
Slowstick Flyer
NW Georgia
Joined Oct 2002
137 Posts
so sierra I need them little peices like you posted?
Old Nov 20, 2002, 08:03 AM
MEDIC!!!!!!!
Near Fresno, California
Joined Sep 2002
1,741 Posts
CB435,
They seem to be the best way to connect to a servo and be able to adjust the pushrod.

The lightest type available are:
http://www.toddsmodels.com/dubro.htm

and scroll down to DUB845

This type pushes on to the servo arm but require that you have micro servo arms with the tiny holes, otherwise they don't stay on. I've used these on small models with no problems.

The servos that I had on hand when I bought the SS had larger holes in the arms and I used different Dubros with the pushnut on the bottom like those shown on the Hobby Lobby site.
Kevin
roguewolf is offline Find More Posts by roguewolf