SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 15, 2007, 07:45 PM
Joined Apr 2007
14 Posts
Discussion
Searching for people that have TC4 and/or HPI Sprint 2 cars

I'm searching for people that have the Team Associated TC4 electric car and the HPI Sprint 2 car. I plan on getting one of these for parking lot use. However, I have some questions beforehand.
BUZZARD464 is offline Find More Posts by BUZZARD464
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2007, 01:56 AM
Joined Aug 2007
1 Posts
I Have HPI Sprint 2 And mamba max 5700 combo

well few things about Sprint 2 to have on parking lot

- stones, dirt and all sorts of garbage gets in differential on back of the car and breaks belts easily best on indoor racing
- no place for heat sink you have to make one of your own model to fit on middle of belts and pulleys
- pulleys do not handle powerfull motors like mamba 5700 its killing originals
- low motor pinnion need almoust every time to have spur replaced to bigger
- Differential is not realy ball bearing everything else is

+ Great Handling turns very fast even whit normal servos
+ lots of tune options on camber, caster and so on
+ collitions do not damage car easily, moustly other cars get damage
+ runs smoothly and silent if everything is on order
Averell_Dalton is offline Find More Posts by Averell_Dalton
Old Aug 22, 2007, 07:35 AM
Joined May 2006
394 Posts
If Your going to be using it as a Carpark Drifter then Can I suggest a Shaft Driven Chassis like a Tamiya TT01, TB-02 or a HPI E10..
Less affected by small stones then the Belt drives..

I own a Sprint 2, E10, TT-01 and a Cyclone S..

Sprint 2 is a Great Drifter as long as you are conscious of the Belts.. Sad thing is the sprint 2 requires half of the rear of the car to be dismantled to change a Belt but working on them is a Breeze..
magnat is offline Find More Posts by magnat
Old Aug 22, 2007, 09:56 AM
Airplane Gearhead
Central N.Y.
Joined Jan 2005
1,144 Posts
The TC4 is a great car...I put one together for a friend , with the Novak Velociti 4.5 brushless system and 2 cell Li-Po...nice running car.
proptop is offline Find More Posts by proptop
Old Aug 22, 2007, 01:42 PM
Joined Apr 2007
14 Posts
I have gone with the TC4. It should be here tomorrow.

I have ordered a TC4, RTR version, from my lhs (Extreme RC Hobbies and Toys in Asheboro, NC). I will be running the TC4 on a parking lot which is uneven and full of turns. The battery is a Venom 3600 which I recycled from another vehicle.

In reading the posts/replies I have to say that I have found out that these cars are like the AR-15. There is so much out there (upgrades). I have found out that there are more items that I wish to get. Those being the 3 racing battery strap, steel outdrives, and the MIP CVD's. And with the amount of turns involved in the parking lot I'm sure a sway bar would be a good idea.

Any other ideas/weaknesses to the TC4 that I need to focus on?
BUZZARD464 is offline Find More Posts by BUZZARD464
Old Aug 28, 2007, 01:06 PM
Joined Jan 2007
51 Posts
i have the sprint 2 and well i like it but its the fact that matched cells dont fit well and like he said not rly built for the mm 5700 so i am buying another chassis set up and putting the pars from the sprint 2 in there but throwing my mm 5700
alucardunit1 is offline Find More Posts by alucardunit1
Old Sep 05, 2007, 09:46 PM
Joined May 2006
394 Posts
TC4 does have a loose motor mount from the factory..
Be sure to make sure you tighten the screws before racing it..

I think You can add the Team Factory TC4 Parts to your TC4..

I dont think you will need any Mods though as the RTR does come with a pretty Quick 30.000rpm motor which you may even consider stepping back to a Tamiya TZ motor for more control...
Old Feb 21, 2008, 11:48 PM
Home
Joined Feb 2008
5 Posts
Funny, I was trying to find out the very same thing before I found this Forum. I have both the Sprint 2 and the Team TC4 cars coming. I haven't decided on a Bat for the HPI car yet, so I'll use an older one. As for the TC4, I got a deal on it, so I haven't found out what motor, servos and so on would be best for running on the STREET.
Amazing all the new stuff for these in the past 20 years (yes, it's been that long).
4BKT VET is offline Find More Posts by 4BKT VET
Last edited by 4BKT VET; Feb 21, 2008 at 11:49 PM. Reason: misspel
Old Mar 09, 2008, 12:49 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,279 Posts
On my Sprint 2, It looks like the belt is touching a scraping against the motor. Anyone else found that true? Any suggestions on a fix?
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar
Old Mar 17, 2008, 12:44 AM
Joined May 2006
394 Posts
I moved the motor down via the Engine mount Screws and Just rotated the can till it cleared...
Old Mar 23, 2008, 01:31 PM
Looking for more speed...
Joined Jul 2007
138 Posts
If you want more adjust ability go with the FT blue adjustable anodized shocks, and id recommend better tires such as HPI pro compounds, and swaybars, and a good body, Hpi's lotus elise is very good body if used the supplied wing.
SeanZ0r is offline Find More Posts by SeanZ0r