HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 15, 2007, 12:06 AM
Registered User
flyhawk's Avatar
Hlohovec, Slovakia
Joined Jan 2007
276 Posts
Discussion
Fowler flaps

Hi guys,
A need advice, How can I made fowler flaps on model? Thanks for helpness.

flyhawk is offline Find More Posts by flyhawk
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2007, 12:21 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2004
831 Posts
Oooh, a fowler flap, that's going to be tricky. Here's something that may interest you, I have not made any myself but these should help:
http://www.djaerotech.com/dj_askjd/d...wlerflaps.html
http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl327225/ta400a3.html
Accu157 is offline Find More Posts by Accu157
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:12 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2004
244 Posts
I've been playing with Fowler flaps for a while now and have come up with a setup I think will work. It's a track system that uses a torque rod for the actuator. With this setup there are two rods going back to push the flap out evenly so it won't hang up on the way down, and if you get the linkage right it will lock over-center at full deflection reducing the load on the servo.
I haven't flight tested this yet so who knows if it will work!

Paul
ps2727 is offline Find More Posts by ps2727
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 03:39 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhawk
Hi guys,
A need advice, How can I made fowler flaps on model? Thanks for helpness.
Fowler Flap - designs and hinges.
Split Flap connections and control
DIY Fowler Flap Hinges
Robart Fowler Flap Hinges & Instalation
H9 Corsair flaps build
more information under "Aircraft Design. Airfoils, Pull-Pull Systems, Flight Trim & Static Thrust Calculator" on my web page.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:32 AM
Registered User
flyhawk's Avatar
Hlohovec, Slovakia
Joined Jan 2007
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2727
I've been playing with Fowler flaps for a while now and have come up with a setup I think will work. It's a track system that uses a torque rod for the actuator. With this setup there are two rods going back to push the flap out evenly so it won't hang up on the way down, and if you get the linkage right it will lock over-center at full deflection reducing the load on the servo.
I haven't flight tested this yet so who knows if it will work!

Paul
Hi Paul,
Do you have some drawings of your flaps?
flyhawk is offline Find More Posts by flyhawk
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:33 AM
Registered User
flyhawk's Avatar
Hlohovec, Slovakia
Joined Jan 2007
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.
Fowler Flap - designs and hinges.
Split Flap connections and control
DIY Fowler Flap Hinges
Robart Fowler Flap Hinges & Instalation
H9 Corsair flaps build
more information under "Aircraft Design. Airfoils, Pull-Pull Systems, Flight Trim & Static Thrust Calculator" on my web page.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Thanks, I will check all this link. I hope that I find what I need
flyhawk is offline Find More Posts by flyhawk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How about Fowler Flaps Immelmann Power Systems 8 Nov 01, 2009 04:09 PM
Modified Fowler Flaps W/ Le Slats BeanerECMO The Builders Workshop 2 May 26, 2005 07:25 PM
Fowler flaps, airbrakes, servos and my mental health... SeditiousCanary Thermal 3 Feb 04, 2004 08:54 PM
fowler flaps How to frankenfoamy Electric Plane Talk 5 May 05, 2003 01:38 PM
Fowler flaps for Aeronaut CL-415 Immelmann Scale Kit/Scratch Built 0 Dec 14, 2002 01:22 PM