HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:47 PM
Jordan Burns
Joined Feb 2008
2 Posts
Do you guys know of any place that I could order this plane as an ARF or a kit? I want to get it for my Dad's late birthday present. Thanks for you help.
helifreak5623 is offline Find More Posts by helifreak5623
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:28 AM
AKA FlyGuy172
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Jan 2008
141 Posts
Itís built by plans so no ARF or RTF but itís not too hard to build, and you donít need depron either. I built (or rather building) mine out of dollar tree foam board with the paper removed. You might be able to get someone to build it for you (or partly build it like an ARF) and ship it to you though. But I think it would be worth much more to your dad if you built it or you and your dad built it together, but thatís just my 2 cents worth .
Good luck too whatever you chose and happy birthday to your Dad
(Build thread link here )
skyranger93 is offline Find More Posts by skyranger93
Old Feb 16, 2008, 02:32 AM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,341 Posts
Helifreak, as Skyranger said, it`s VERY easy to build, do yourselfe a favor and get into building a modell with your dad (best is to make 2) the material needed costs about 10USD total from your local DIY store.
meatbomber is offline Find More Posts by meatbomber
Old Feb 16, 2008, 04:49 AM
Jordan Burns
Joined Feb 2008
2 Posts
Can you give me an estimate on about how long it takes to build? Do you have any suggestions on any other flying boats that are a almost ready to cover or ARF? I'll take plans for kits but I don't think that I'm to that skill level yet. Thanks.
helifreak5623 is offline Find More Posts by helifreak5623
Old Feb 16, 2008, 07:46 AM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,341 Posts
I built my first puddle twin in 2 or 3 evenigs about 6-8 hours total time. I built 2 more one for my brother in law and another for myselfe in 5 hours each... it`s really simple to build, especially as the plan is basically a Template plan so all you need to do is cut out the templates and then the foam pieces and put it together... the longest i took was for piecing the plan together as i had no copy shop close by where i could print it full size.

as for the other questions you best go to the waterplanes section there you`ll find a host of build threads and reviews and current discussion on ARF Seaplanes.

Cheers
MB
meatbomber is offline Find More Posts by meatbomber
Old Dec 04, 2011, 06:29 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3 Posts
Meatbomber, please:
Can you send the file with the plans?
The model that I want to build is to 160cm envergadura.Profundidad, address and motor.
I think it is the DV. flies in the video youtube.y this painted red and yellow.
Thanks in advance.
Greetings.
J.S.
Javier Sanchez is offline Find More Posts by Javier Sanchez