HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2007, 01:31 PM
Reno, NV
Joined Dec 2005
1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtspin
Click on the "Report This Post to a Moderator" link. There's an option there. I already did it, so we'll see what happens.

-JT
Probably bad form to quote yourself, but hey it worked!

-JT
jtspin is offline Find More Posts by jtspin
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2007, 04:51 PM
in the middle, somewhere...
Joined Jun 2007
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlof
Hi Guys,
Here is my Lama V4

Extreme BX2 canopy with boomtown's skid & tail boom.
That thing looks great. Bet it flies just as good as it looks.

very nice job on the canopy paint!
CanardianFan is offline Find More Posts by CanardianFan
Old Sep 07, 2007, 10:30 PM
LAMA V4 & Honeybee FP FTW
New England, USA!
Joined Aug 2007
207 Posts
Quote:
Hi Guys,
Here is my Lama V4

Extreme BX2 canopy with boomtown's skid & tail boom.
Man, that is one of the best Lama 4s yet!! NICE WORK!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that canopy. Did you have to mod it to make it fit your V4? Did you have to paint it too???
blkdog7 is offline Find More Posts by blkdog7
Old Sep 07, 2007, 10:31 PM
New England, USA!
Joined Aug 2007
207 Posts
Hey! We got a sticky!! Thank you Sticky gods!!!!
Old Sep 08, 2007, 08:42 AM
Beginner
Joined Aug 2007
12 Posts
Hi, blkdog7
The extreme bx2 canopy fits without modding and yes u need to paint it. I think i read before in here that hobby lobby do paint the canopy for additional bucks. And a little mod on the frame to perfectly fit the boom housing without adding any extra weight and a neat look thought. I use this boom
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=009
Redlof is offline Find More Posts by Redlof
Old Sep 08, 2007, 04:37 PM
it was a funny crash
Tucson, Arizona
Joined Jul 2007
102 Posts
I want a real tail boom and love the bx2 balance of black and white. Still probly going to get it cause of the "less effected by wind" factor

also, yesterday I got my extreme extended inner aluminum shaft. some other people reported problems with it but mine is great!!! it does reduce blade clash so for all you non-leasurly flyers get it!!!!

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=1401
fauxhammer is offline Find More Posts by fauxhammer
Old Sep 08, 2007, 04:40 PM
it was a funny crash
Tucson, Arizona
Joined Jul 2007
102 Posts
did you see this!!!http://www.miracle-mart.com/video/xtreme-lama-1.wmv
apparently he got his aluminum blade grips to work!
Old Sep 11, 2007, 11:17 PM
Joined Dec 2005
68 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I design 10th and 12th onroad pan cars but i got hooked on indoor helis. I started out with a BCX2. I was making Carbon Fiber Boom Kits for it and a Lama V4 owner informed me that my BCX2 booms fit right on the Lama V4 just buy turning the mount around. I just got my first Lama V4 in and i have to say it is smoother and better handling than my BCX2. If anyone is interested in a no mods needed bolt on boom kit i have 5 different styles to choose from on ebay and on my website.

http://stores.ebay.com/State-Line-Hobbies

www.statelinehobbies.com

Pro Z Racing is offline Find More Posts by Pro Z Racing
Old Sep 12, 2007, 08:22 AM
New England, USA!
Joined Aug 2007
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Z Racing
Hi Everyone,

I design 10th and 12th onroad pan cars but i got hooked on indoor helis. I started out with a BCX2. I was making Carbon Fiber Boom Kits for it and a Lama V4 owner informed me that my BCX2 booms fit right on the Lama V4 just buy turning the mount around. I just got my first Lama V4 in and i have to say it is smoother and better handling than my BCX2. If anyone is interested in a no mods needed bolt on boom kit i have 5 different styles to choose from on ebay and on my website.

http://stores.ebay.com/State-Line-Hobbies

www.statelinehobbies.com
Yes, I was the LAMA owner that contacted you after I figured out you could turn your boom's mount around! Ha! What's great about your boom is that you can adjust the angle. It would be nice if you could add in even more of a possible angle into the mount. On the LAMA you really need to max out your plate's possible angle so it doesn't sag. Anyways, thanks for stopping by. Your LAMA looks great. Glad I could help.
Last edited by blkdog7; Sep 12, 2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 02:00 PM
Joined Dec 2005
68 Posts
Thanks blkdog7

I kept the servo tape on the back of the boom this put my boom right in the middle of the adjustment.

I am working a new tail design just for the lama v4. The more i Fly it the better i like it. and it was half the money of my BCX2

If anyone is on the fence about BCX2 and lama V4 lama is less money comes with a usb simulator and folding blades.
Pro Z Racing is offline Find More Posts by Pro Z Racing
Old Sep 12, 2007, 02:16 PM
New England, USA!
Joined Aug 2007
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Z Racing
I am working a new tail design just for the lama v4. The more i Fly it the better i like it. and it was half the money of my BCX2
Keep us updated. I'll be the first in line!
Old Sep 12, 2007, 05:55 PM
it was a funny crash
Tucson, Arizona
Joined Jul 2007
102 Posts
I had the problem of my lama spinning around in the air just spinning not tbe but uncontrllable spinning. I was told I need new bearings so I got some, same problem. could it be the swash bearing cause I didn't replace that one.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 07:18 PM
New England, USA!
Joined Aug 2007
207 Posts
Ok, I got my contraband 4in1 from Hong Kong today. I am back in business!!!

I FINALLY got to fly this thing with the alum swashplate, new tail, leveled swash plate, and Xtreme 180 motors etc. And, well, it flies great. I didn't even have to dial in the new 4in1. It's pretty much dead nuts on. Interesting, huh?

Overall I have to admit that I don't really notice much of a difference with any of the new parts. If anything, the heli's tail vibrates more than I remember. Perhaps I need to adjust the gain. Anyone know for sure? Which way?

Good news: NO TBE! And, it doesn't spin at all, just a little vibration on the tail. [EDIT] I just spent some time in the living room with a screwdriver and my heli and the 4in1 is all dialed in. This baby is SMOOTH!!!! Absolutely dialed in - the first time - EVER!! I <3 you Lama V4!!![/EDIT]

That boom I bought seems to be sagging more than ever though. I am worried about it. We need a better way to mount that one from Stateline to level it off. But, it looks slick.

I couldn't come up with a clever way to deal with the antenna wire so check out what I did. Does it seem ok? Anyone have a better way of doing it?

I have attached some photos of my updated heli.
Last edited by blkdog7; Sep 12, 2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 07:25 PM
New England, USA!
Joined Aug 2007
207 Posts
Quote:
Hi Guys,
Here is my Lama V4
Can you show a better image of how your tail mounts? Also, I'd like to see how you handle the antenna. Thanks!
Last edited by blkdog7; Sep 12, 2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 08:19 PM
Joined Jan 2007
429 Posts
So have all of these upgrades been purely cosmetic, or are there any performance gains. It seems to me that my BCX had faster forward flight and maneuverability than the V4. Has anyone installed longer servo arms in theirs to boost their control inputs? Just wondering.
SMRTIC is offline Find More Posts by SMRTIC