Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:50 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Bump-a-roo
Would sound better if the first letter was an H instead of a B.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:44 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
12,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Would sound better if the first letter was an H instead of a B.
Dirty old man! Hey, in that plane crash, there was fuel in both wing tanks.
No fire. Now NTSB is totally confused. The plane had been worked on and I think someone made a mistake.

Ok.... Back to hump..... no wait, BUMping. lol
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:13 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Dirty old man! Hey, in that plane crash, there was fuel in both wing tanks.
No fire. Now NTSB is totally confused. The plane had been worked on and I think someone made a mistake.

Ok.... Back to hump..... no wait, BUMping. lol
WOW that is a strange one. I wonder what the investigation will show as the cause now.

Take yet pick, bump or hump.

frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:15 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,835 Posts
yet me see....hump
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:40 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
12,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
WOW that is a strange one. I wonder what the investigation will show as the cause now.

Take yet pick, bump or hump.

I have no idea. I'll let you know if they ever find out.

I think I'll go along with Chap.... HUMP!
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:13 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,005 Posts
It's been almost a month since the last post. Anybody doing anything with this heli?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:31 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,835 Posts
Jack, I got my V4 and my Buds V4 all trimmed in nice at the VFW hall a couple weeks ago. Can't wait until I get her outside now. Dang-it. We got hit with another snow storm. About 8" but, the wife and I are outta here in 14 days. Going to Jamaica mon

Mike.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:49 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,005 Posts
Don't forget to pack the heli. Too bad the wing doesn't come off of the Champ!!
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:58 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Don't forget to pack the heli. Too bad the wing doesn't come off of the Champ!!
I wanted to take the "whole" box as a carry on
Old Mar 19, 2013, 04:19 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
12,176 Posts
Quote:
It's been almost a month since the last post. Anybody doing anything with this heli?
What heli?

Yeah, I've been trying to get two Tx's and Rx's to bind. These are not 2.4g, and I had forgotten how that 4 ft antenna pokes people in the eye. So, tell me what's going on with two brand new radios that won't fly the helicopters they came with.

I usually just charge the battery, install it, plug it into the battery with the Tx on and everything works. In this case I can get servos to move... but there is absolutely NO way these things are going to make motors spin. I've tried different Xtrals... nothing helped. I tried more transmitters with matching Xtals ..... and now I'm just sitting here looking at these things like I've never seen one before. What could be wrong with TWO brand new helicopters like this? (actually, these are Lama III's.... but same line of thought.)
Old Mar 19, 2013, 05:02 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,145 Posts
Buzz, try spreading the pins on the xtral's. Sounds like either they are not seated right, or the throttle is reversed, or throttle is not at zero.
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Mar 19, 2013, 06:26 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
What heli?

(actually, these are Lama III's.... but same line of thought.)
Are you talking Esky Lama 3's or Walkera Lama 3's? Confusing, no? My Walkera 400D actually requires the heli be powered up BEFORE the transmitter is turned on. WHY can't they standardize these things?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 09:11 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
12,176 Posts
Quote:
Are you talking Esky Lama 3's or Walkera Lama 3's? Confusing, no? My Walkera 400D actually requires the heli be powered up BEFORE the transmitter is turned on. WHY can't they standardize these things?
Esky. I do, or did, have one of those beautiful Walkera details, and it even came with a metal head. It was CP to an extent. You could fly it on idle up or normally.
I ran it up and before I could even put any pitch in the rotors... all three of them flew off in different directions. I looked closely and all 3 of them are screwed into PLASTIC. So, I sent it back and they "fixed it" again. This time I got about a foot off the ground before the blades flew off like some kind of cruel joke. They glued the grips into the threaded hold like that was going to do something. I sent it back and got all of my money returned. If you're thinking about getting one of those heli's.... CAVEAT EMPTOR! (let the buyer beware)
Old Mar 20, 2013, 07:40 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,005 Posts
The Lama 3 was supposed to give you the ultimate coax, but it fell flat on its face. The 400D, however, is a nicely built 400 size coax. If you take the boom assembly and canopy from a Lama 3 and use those, it bumps it up to a 450 size without the extra weight. It runs on 3S and is a great bird. For some asinine reason, Walkera not only dropped the heli, but parts are getting hard to find too.
My Lama 4 started life as an A-300 with a nice looking one-piece canopy. The problem with it is when you need to adjust something. The canopy has to be taken off and the canopy doesn't come off until you take the blades off!! Needless to say, the one -piece canopy is on a shelf. I know Sven had a way to cobble two canopies into a two-piece canopy, but I had the boom assembly and it reverted to a regular Lama 4. My problem is that I can't get it to stop porpoising no matter where I put the flybar weights.
If anybody is interested in a second Lama 4 and all that came with it, including the A-300 canopy AND a full tote of parts AND 5 batteries (including the original Esky battery that came with my son's Lama 4 in 2008 that's still kicking). Let me know. It's fully modded with Aero-Nutz, shortened flybar, credit card mod, etc.