HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:27 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
You know what it's like when you get something in your head and it's about a 180 from what you should be thinking? When you said fuse, I immediately jump to thinking you were talking about the fuselage or canopy of a heli and didn't understand what you were talking about. The Esky heli's normally do not come with the fuses you're talking about, but the Eflite heli's do. You can buy them pretty cheap if that's what you'd like to do. The best practice, though, is getting used to killing the throttle before you hit the ground.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:02 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
You know what it's like when you get something in your head and it's about a 180 from what you should be thinking? When you said fuse, I immediately jump to thinking you were talking about the fuselage or canopy of a heli and didn't understand what you were talking about. The Esky heli's normally do not come with the fuses you're talking about, but the Eflite heli's do. You can buy them pretty cheap if that's what you'd like to do. The best practice, though, is getting used to killing the throttle before you hit the ground.
I don't know if the "fused" type motors "come" with the V4 but they are "fused" when you buy the stock replacement Esky motors.
http://helidirect.com/esky-180-motor...30-p-19556.hdx

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:51 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,038 Posts
Hardly can remember much about this copter anymore. Been so long. But...I do remember removing the fuse from motor to esc/rx on mine many times. Never thought to add one really.
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:04 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Hardly can remember much about this copter anymore. Been so long. But...I do remember removing the fuse from motor to esc/rx on mine many times. Never thought to add one really.
Lee
Yup...I remember those. They created a headache trying to pinpoint a problem I had. A wire was loose at one end of the fuse. Drove me crazy...lol. I ended up removing them. They were basically designed for rookies anyway
http://www.eskyhelicopters.com/xtrem...ors-p-681.html

Mike.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:22 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
11,774 Posts
Quote:
Lee
Hey, Lee! Been a long time. You'll laugh when I give my general advice to new coaxial pilots...." Take it out of the box and fly it!" You don't need brushless motors or any other fancy gear to fly it for many hours. Then, Just drop in another set of brushes. I get longer flight times with brushed motors. Of course the extended shaft is a must, but otherwise I don't make any changes on mine. Although I now fly cp and fixed pitch.... I find the basic skill sets are the same on a coaxial. I'll probably have at least one in the hangar all the time.

Buzz
Buzz is online now Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:17 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Hey, Lee! Been a long time. You'll laugh when I give my general advice to new coaxial pilots...." Take it out of the box and fly it!" You don't need brushless motors or any other fancy gear to fly it for many hours. Then, Just drop in another set of brushes. I get longer flight times with brushed motors. Of course the extended shaft is a must, but otherwise I don't make any changes on mine. Although I now fly cp and fixed pitch.... I find the basic skill sets are the same on a coaxial. I'll probably have at least one in the hangar all the time.

Buzz
Amen to that
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:04 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,038 Posts
Good to hear from ya Buzz. Yup, it is what it is. A great copter!!! I agree...just fly it and have fun. Hard not to tinker, I know, but it will always be fun.
Lee
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:22 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
11,774 Posts
Quote:
Good to hear from ya Buzz. Yup, it is what it is. A great copter!!! I agree...just fly it and have fun. Hard not to tinker, I know, but it will always be fun.
Lee

Yep... but I find I would much rather fly than build! Others are just the opposite... gotta play with what makes it work. We meet somewhere in the middle.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:35 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,038 Posts
Randy...Happy 55th B-Day Brother!!!!!
Lee
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:17 PM
RC\crazy
United States, ME, Sinclair
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Hi guy,s

have a question guys, on the foreign one control unit there is three extra sets of terminals that nothing is hooked to, can they be used to power some LED lights or what can they be used for does anybody know what the voltage output is if we can?
prostreetnova is offline Find More Posts by prostreetnova
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:19 PM
RC\crazy
United States, ME, Sinclair
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Hi guys

I me t 4 and one control unit
prostreetnova is offline Find More Posts by prostreetnova
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:20 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
The extra terminals should give you battery voltage, if I remember correctly. You'll have to find + and - by using a volt meter.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:54 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
Look what Santa can bring you. Just add one of their cheap receivers:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_Mode_2_.html
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:00 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
I finished the latest David Baldacci book on Sunday, the library was closed yesterday and I was bored. I changed out my stock motors for Aero-Nutz without incident. The motors will be great, but I still have to find a way out of porpoising when Spring gets here.
Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:13 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
11,774 Posts
Merry Christmas to all.... and may you have a safe and happy New Year.

Buzz