HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:12 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 View Post
upgraded to 2.4 in my lama 4. Can't figure out where to press keystroke as per instructions I don't know what i should press and hold. Instructions are vague. any help?

Edit: OK found little bind button, able to bind to Tx. Now when spins up it chases its tail. First in one direction next time in other direction?
It sounds like tail wag. IE: gain is too high. On the 4in1 look for the "gain" pot. You want to tune that down a bit using "very" small increments. There is no need to shut down heli or TX while making the "Gain" adjustment. Keep tuning it down until it smooths out. It is just the gyro seeking a heading.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,483 Posts
Jack, has it been too windy to fly the V4? I haven't heard a peep out of you since....you know

Mike.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:43 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebev View Post
Usually it's the mofsets that burn out. You can replace them yourself if you are good at soldering and are able to obtain new ones. I haven't tried it myself, but here is a link with some information about it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1557082
Problem is I can't source the fets from anywhere at any decent shipping price
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:32 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Jack, has it been too windy to fly the V4? I haven't heard a peep out of you since....you know

Mike.
I was working 4 nights/week and the weather, plus that, has made flying next to impossible. Throw in the wife's broken ankle and it's been a real dud of a Summer/ Fall so far. I'll be doing my MCX-2 and new Ladybird quad inside.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:37 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,483 Posts
I had forgotten about your wife. Hope she's feeling better. The V4 should handle 5mph winds no problem
I do it all the time

Mike.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:37 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
I should nick name it Flipper since it likes to porpoise so much. It took quite a bit of messing around with it to stop it from wanting to flip backwards at throttle. I've never had a straight - out- of- the-box heli set up so poorly. Of course the A-300 canopy, the reason I wanted it to begin with, is history. Those big one-piece fuses are a PITA. During my next 7 months of no flying, I'll put Aero-Nutz in it and see what else I can do.
It was a full 12 weeks before the doctor would let my wife put weight on her foot. It gets old in a hurry. Excuse the short note, but I have to go grocery shopping, wash the clothes, clean the house, ....
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:06 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,909 Posts
Sounds like you are turning out to be quite the "house Frau"!

Hope things get better soon.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,483 Posts
Dang Jack. 12 weeks your wife had to stay off that foot Don't let anyone rattle your cage. You're no "house Frau." At least you get out of the house to shop Oh yeah, to work too

Well, I got that dang yaw again (CW). Yes Durk, I even checked those tiny screws that hold the Xtreme shaft in place. One screw I took a couple turns on and the other was a bit loose. I thought I had it nailed. I'm still getting yaw but, not as bad. I still had to set her down before the batt was used up. She wouldn't stay aloft and there was plenty of juice left. I have a new multimeter that came with alligator clips. I think I'll be able to clip them to the motors and hopefully get some kind of reading. I have to read up on this. I've already found one faulty motor, so it could be the other one now...sheesh

So Jack, you have "Flipper" and I have "Gimpy"

Mike.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:39 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,909 Posts
Mike:

A little something to. try. Can you switch the motors front to back to see if the yaw stays the same or goes CCW? If it stays CW then you know it is not the motors. Also have another look at the bearings, you could have a bad or stiff bearing giving too much resistance. Also a loose or slipping motor gear can cause this.

Also are the screws on the extended shaft on the flats? And the outer shaft screws also? I have sworn in the past that my screws were tight but they were not properly aligned with the flats and came loose. I sometimes back them off a little and wriggle the shaft back and forth so I can feel them tighten on the center of the flats.

Just some suggestions my friend.
Durk
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:20 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Sounds like you are turning out to be quite the "house Frau"!

Hope things get better soon.
She has an "enhanced" driver's license (good to go over into Canada instead of a passport) and I guess I'll go for one too this January. I could send her up to stay with you until this whole "ordeal" is over with. What a giant PITA!!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:12 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
She has an "enhanced" driver's license (good to go over into Canada instead of a passport) and I guess I'll go for one too this January. I could send her up to stay with you until this whole "ordeal" is over with. What a giant PITA!!
Sorry that won't work. What with a broken ankle she will be unable to kick my butt. Believe me she will get frustrated enough with me to try that I am sure.

Better you keep her and bite the bullet.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:27 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
So, Durk, are you enjoying all of the perks that go along with the PLUS status? I know it's driving Mike crazier than he normally is, but ....
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:50 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,909 Posts
Quote:
So, Durk, are you enjoying all of the perks that go along with the PLUS status? I know it's driving Mike crazier than he normally is, but ....
LOL funny you should ask. The only benefit I enjoy is, like you said, driving poor Mikey crazy.

Why do I have the feeling you feel the same?!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:41 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the status. It just showed up one day.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:50 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,483 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
LOL funny you should ask. The only benefit I enjoy is, like you said, driving poor Mikey crazy.

Why do I have the feeling you feel the same?!
Quote:
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the status. It just showed up one day.
RCG wants $50.00 for that "prestigious" +PLUS status.

I D-O-N-'T T-H-I-N-K S-O $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$