HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:16 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
10,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
What forum are we in, Buzzo?!! YES, I fly helicopters. I think there are black ones without markings flying over your house right now!!!!!!!!
I HAVE lost my mind! What I meant to ask is... do you fly quads?
I thought I had seen you in that forum. I don't fly coaxials anymore. (well, I do have one Big Lama) I've gone to fixed pitch single blade heli's. and quads.
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 06:08 PM
Joined Jul 2012
379 Posts
Still waiting on motors, but thought I would post a pic

Name: uploadfromtaptalk1347750505005.jpg
Views: 62
Size: 78.4 KB
Description:
minbari is offline Find More Posts by minbari
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:00 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
I HAVE lost my mind! What I meant to ask is... do you fly quads?
I thought I had seen you in that forum. I don't fly coaxials anymore. (well, I do have one Big Lama) I've gone to fixed pitch single blade heli's. and quads.
I started with the Honey Bee Fixed Pitch and loved modding it, but could not get the hang of flying it. I was close to getting out of heli's and then my son shipped up his Lama 4 and I really liked coax's. I go from the palm size MCX-2 to the Walkera 400D (450 size) coax. I thought I would try the MQX since quads are the new hot ticket. I can do simple things with it, but have a problem getting it to fly like I can fly a coax. Again, brushless is the way to go with those since the brushed motors just don't last. As something different I bought a Champ small plane last year and really like the simplicity of it. My problem, no matter what I buy, is wind. I wanted to try out a set of new blades on my Lama 4/A300 last night and just couldn't do much with it because of wind.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:04 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minbari View Post
Still waiting on motors, but thought I would post a pic
What skids are those? They don't look like the sleigh skids that Xtreme makes. As time goes on, you'll have to try other than stock blades.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:34 AM
Joined Jul 2012
379 Posts
Quote:
What skids are those? They don't look like the sleigh skids that Xtreme makes. As time goes on, you'll have to try other than stock blades.
They are the extreme v2 skids. I have a set of extreme blades as well just didn't put em on yet
minbari is offline Find More Posts by minbari
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:19 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
10,849 Posts
Quote:
I started with the Honey Bee Fixed Pitch and loved modding it, but could not get the hang of flying it. I was close to getting out of heli's and then my son shipped up his Lama 4 and I really liked coax's. I go from the palm size MCX-2 to the Walkera 400D (450 size) coax. I thought I would try the MQX since quads are the new hot ticket. I can do simple things with it, but have a problem getting it to fly like I can fly a coax. Again, brushless is the way to go with those since the brushed motors just don't last. As something different I bought a Champ small plane last year and really like the simplicity of it. My problem, no matter what I buy, is wind. I wanted to try out a set of new blades on my Lama 4/A300 last night and just couldn't do much with it because of wind.
I have some kind of mental block with CP helicopters. My longest flight with my 450 was about 1 minute. But, fixed pitch comes easy to me for some reason.
Yep.... same problem here with wind. I usually wait until about 7pm when there's still plenty of daylight... but the wind off the ocean dies. Well, keep after it. There's bound to be a windless day for you ahead somewhere.

Buzz
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:52 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,801 Posts
Quote:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=78
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:36 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Now it rings a bell. I have the first version of their Sports skids that my son had on mine when he sent it to me. I didn't really like the looks of them.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:55 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,838 Posts
Flew 3 batts outta my V4 at a ballpark today. WOW, she can kick azzz. Coming in from center field to the dugout she was flying so fast, I made my move slowing her down a little late. Went right over me, and out over the street. I managed to get some control, enough for a semi hard landing on Sonny's car...lol. No damage

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:25 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,668 Posts
Bump.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:45 AM
United States, NM, Los Lunas
Joined Jan 2012
64 Posts
Well, I have finally moved on to a fixed pitch helicopter. I bought a Blade 120sr. Man, I am having a blast with it and I can finally go outside and fly comfortably without worrying about crashing. My Lama V4 has been in the closet for a few months now and I don't know what I'm going to do with it. I might join my local rc club so when they have indoor meets I can go and fly it. But for now it is staying in my closet. Maybe I should sell it? Not sure yet. Well, so long to this thread for now, time to go and talk to the Blade 120sr guys.
mrmki81 is offline Find More Posts by mrmki81
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:40 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,668 Posts
I'm glad you are able to jump into an FP heli and have fun with it. All I ever did with my HBFP was hover it and work on it!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:57 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,765 Posts
I managed to fry one of the fets on the 35mhz 4-1 rx.. I think the rx portion is fine, but the module that connects to the motors is fried...is there anywhere I can buy just that module? Or can I buy a 2.4ghz version of the 4-1 and use the module from there in the 35mhz version as a replacement of the fried board?
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:44 PM
United States, PA, Clarks Summit
Joined Oct 2005
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchillesElbow View Post
I managed to fry one of the fets on the 35mhz 4-1 rx.. I think the rx portion is fine, but the module that connects to the motors is fried...is there anywhere I can buy just that module? Or can I buy a 2.4ghz version of the 4-1 and use the module from there in the 35mhz version as a replacement of the fried board?
Usually it's the mofsets that burn out. You can replace them yourself if you are good at soldering and are able to obtain new ones. I haven't tried it myself, but here is a link with some information about it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1557082
bebev is offline Find More Posts by bebev
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:18 PM
North Carolina
Joined Oct 2005
86 Posts
binding 4 in 1

upgraded to 2.4 in my lama 4. Can't figure out where to press keystroke as per instructions I don't know what i should press and hold. Instructions are vague. any help?

Edit: OK found little bind button, able to bind to Tx. Now when spins up it chases its tail. First in one direction next time in other direction?
360 is offline Find More Posts by 360
Last edited by 360; Oct 18, 2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: found bind button