HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:54 AM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2009
1,197 Posts
Mike,True quicker and easier to go the eflite 4 in 1 route. But I was chiming in on Jack's post as additional info. I chose the spektrum RX route because at the time I was able to get the Spektrum brand RX through Ebay because in 2009/02010 it was cheaper than a complete Eflite 4 in one. Also what's the going price on the HK Orange Spektrum Clones? It's just another option .

Daryl
GRUMPEE is offline Find More Posts by GRUMPEE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:54 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPEE View Post
Mike,True quicker and easier to go the eflite 4 in 1 route. But I was chiming in on Jack's post as additional info. I chose the spektrum RX route because at the time I was able to get the Spektrum brand RX through Ebay because in 2009/02010 it was cheaper than a complete Eflite 4 in one. Also what's the going price on the HK Orange Spektrum Clones? It's just another option .

Daryl
I remember reading about these. A member wanted to buy a couple and another member chimed in and said "don't waste your money." But, who knows Daryl,,..they could be full of my avatar You know yourself, you have to take anything you read here with a wheelbarrow full of salt UNLESS, they tried it themselves

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:05 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
The EFLH1024 4in1 RX is a complete drop in. It doesn't get any easier
It should bind to the DX8 as it does with the DX6i. HH would know.

We are talking about removing the complete Esky 4in1 2.4g brick from the V4 right?

Mike
Well, it used to be you needed to separate the Esky receiver from the rest of the 4-in-1 to do a Spektrum conversion. That was back in the 72Mhz days and I haven't even looked at a 2.4Ghz 4-in-1 to see if they just unplug. Buying a new Eflite 4-in-1, according to your link, isn't cheap. I thought he might want to try the old way before spending the $$$$$$$$$$.
Grump, depending on the phase of the moon, sometimes you can get the HK clones for $5 - if you can wait 3 weeks for them to show up. I still think that California warehouse is something they should do on Mythbusters! There is no such thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Well, it used to be you needed to separate the Esky receiver from the rest of the 4-in-1 to do a Spektrum conversion. That was back in the 72Mhz days and I haven't even looked at a 2.4Ghz 4-in-1 to see if they just unplug. Buying a new Eflite 4-in-1, according to your link, isn't cheap. I thought he might want to try the old way before spending the $$$$$$$$$$.
Grump, depending on the phase of the moon, sometimes you can get the HK clones for $5 - if you can wait 3 weeks for them to show up. I still think that California warehouse is something they should do on Mythbusters! There is no such thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree $60.00 clams is a lot. I not only changed out my 72mhz 4in1 but, I did my Buds 2.4g 4in1 also. If one is willing to take a chance at separating these units you would need some knowledge to do so. I don't have this knowledge. If I took a 4in1 unit apart, I wouldn't know the ESC from the gyro and/or whatever else is involved to put it back together and "hope" it works. 60 bucks,,,,.... wham, bam, thank you Mam My kind of hobbying

Mike.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:20 PM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2009
1,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
I don't do Hobby King or any over seas distributor because of the additional fee my credit card charges me. My last purchase from HK was supposedly for an item that ships from a US warehouse. Still Visa charged me an additional 1.5% of the value because HK is an overseas company?#%^$%^.
GRUMPEE is offline Find More Posts by GRUMPEE
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:35 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
Daryl, I try to use Paypal whenever I can. But I'll be honest, I've never really checked the billing. I will have to pay more attention

Well, I found some chit chat on those orange clone 3in1's. I guess it's a hit or miss and many vendors will exchange a new one for a bad one. One guy claimed he bought 3 and only one was good. Not a very good track record IMHO.
http://myrcguide.com/index.php?topic=12843.0

This was back in Jan/Feb

Mike.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:07 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
Got a vid downloading of me flying in about 8 mph winds. Reported winds at Logan International was around 14 mph. Note the trees' tips, flag, etc. My lovely and brave wife Miss Patti took the vid. This is her first videotographer contribution to RCG. Even as close as I got to her, she had faith,,..never flinched She knows I'm a good pilot

I figure, what the hay,,.. Haven't seen a vid here of the V4 in action in a while..
Stand by

Mike.

Enjoy!

Esky Lama V4 in wind.AVI (5 min 13 sec)
Last edited by Chap1012; Jul 22, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:21 AM
United States, CT
Joined Jan 2012
18 Posts
Sorry Chap for the late response, been crazy busy at work and went on vacation . I'll try and remember pics tonight when I get off work. I know you guys will be able to help me with this.

Nothing is wrong with the instructions on how to do it... I just think I messed up somewhere, or I have other issues to get this bird flying hands free.

Here is the pic.... hope it is good enough
Dali555 is offline Find More Posts by Dali555
Last edited by Dali555; Jul 27, 2012 at 05:27 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 06:35 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,812 Posts
The swash looks tipped on the right side - not level. Remember, the tutorial is a starting point. It's also a myth that you have to be able to have the heli hover hands-free. It's more to many of our liking to have the heli biased to want to fly forward after lift off because that's what you're going to be doing with it anyway. When you pop a link off to do an adjustment, it is better to make adjustments in full turn increments. The end of the link is meant for it to fit better on one side of the hole than the other. Use the sliders on the transmitter to make small adjustments and use the links for bigger adjustments.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:11 AM
United States, CT
Joined Jan 2012
18 Posts
Me being such a novice that I'd rather it hover hands free at the moment until I get the hang of it... I still get nervous as soon as the blades lift it off the ground, lol
Dali555 is offline Find More Posts by Dali555
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Reciever trouble ? on LamaV4

when I go over half throttle my receiver turns red and will not fly .. all is good changed batteries done all I know .. any point past half throttle and led turns red on receiver .. any ideas what is wrong ? having hard time finding anyone that will help ..
Mysticweys is offline Find More Posts by Mysticweys
Old Aug 12, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
Welcome Mystic. Any way to check your batt pre-flight and post flight? I assume you are using a fully charged batt. Did you crash it? If you crashed it, there could be some binding going on (IE: bent shaft(s), teeth missing off the large gears (or even the pinion gear but very rare). If you think you batt is fully charged and healthy try this. Remove all the blades and spin up your heli. Look at the shafts carefully as they spin (especially the tip top). There shouldn't be any wobble. Let us know what you find and we'll go from there.

Mike.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:29 AM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticweys View Post
when I go over half throttle my receiver turns red and will not fly .. all is good changed batteries done all I know .. any point past half throttle and led turns red on receiver .. any ideas what is wrong ? having hard time finding anyone that will help ..
I did find few teeth missing in main large gear .. ill order some today and give that a try ..
Mysticweys is offline Find More Posts by Mysticweys
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:48 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticweys View Post
I did find few teeth missing in main large gear .. ill order some today and give that a try ..
Missing teeth will do it. How did your shafts look when you spun your heli up without the blades? If you have missing teeth I would be suspicious of a bent shaft. I assume you found the missing teeth on the "A" gear as the "B" gear is almost impossible to inspect properly while it's in place. If you found the missing teeth in the "A" gear, I'd remove the inner shaft, and inspect the "B" gear and spin it up to check the outer shaft for wobble next. Check all this out before putting your order in.

Mike.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:37 PM
USA, Eastern Ohio
Joined Jan 2005
975 Posts
Just a heads up. I have two nice V4's that I'm about to put up for sale. One has the Aeronuts motors and extended mainshaft and the flexible landing gear and the aluminum blade holders on it. It's on 35Mz but there is another set of TX and Rx on 72mz.
Now the second one has a fiberglass fuse but is all stock. I don't know too much about it as I bought it (used) and never took it out of the box. I also have a couple batteries with only a few flights on them and a nice bag of spare parts for them. There's Tx's for both plus the extra one on 72 mz.
PM me if there's any interest and I'll put up some pic's tomorrow night. I'll only let these go as a package so don't ask me to split them up. As far as how much? I'll probably entertain some offers and decide from there.

Anyhow, watch for the posting.

Thanks
Tag
Tag1260 is offline Find More Posts by Tag1260