HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:27 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,834 Posts
@Jetskeeter Thanks, I just might check that out. It sounds like you have several colors to choose from Good to see ya around

@Jack I have the bullet type weights and from the flat of one weight, to the flat of the other weight is 5 1/4" (this is the sweet spot for me) but, I'm flying a steel flybar now so that could change....I will know in a couple more flights. I assume both weights weigh the same right? You can never be too fussy when it comes to the weight and distance apart. Try a little Break Free CLP around all the moving parts of the flybar/head.

BTW, my "cherished" CF flybar broke last Friday It came down it tall grass. LOL, tall grass took it out I knew it was getting ready to break. You could see the wearing where it makes contact with the head. Dang, I filed that out good too.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2012, 06:40 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,667 Posts
I'll have to keep fooling around with this thing until I get it right, but, it's been a real struggle.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:19 AM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
NW Indiana
Joined Mar 2008
502 Posts
Hey guys. I've been thinking about getting a Lama V4 or Blade CX2 and was hoping to get several opinions about why you'd prefer one over the other. Thanks in advance.

Tim
whitehawk is offline Find More Posts by whitehawk
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,834 Posts
Hi Tim. Just for starters, I prefer the V4,,,...but then again I've never owned a CX2 but have read enough about them. What I like about the V4? The motors are separated by the main shaft. The CX2 motors are mounted side by side = HEAT. The V4 has pivoting blades which ALL the CX2 owners yearn to have and mod their CX2's accordingly to obtain these pivoting blades. This mod is sometimes tricky as you have to know which will work best on the CX2. The CX2 owners will know which works best...

Electronics: It's said that Blade/Eflight electronics are better and I may have to agree since I myself switched out the Esky brick for the EFlight brick. But, I did this for a reason. 1) To get away from the 72mhz (but the V4 comes with 2.4g now). 2) so I could bind my V4 to my DX6i (my other toys are Blade).

Parts: Despite what others may say or think, parts for both can be had and many of those parts are interchangeable with both the V4 and CX2. The stock parts are a bit hard to get but, not for "hop-ups."

With the right "hop-ups" either one of these helis will handle a bit of a breeze under 5mph. Coax's are not known for flying well in a breeze but, I assure you after some flying experience you'll be out there when it is 6mph/7mph or more.

I will probably get lambasted, tar and feathered for this post as many have their different opinions. OR it will turn into a healthy debate

Just my humble opinion..AND, I think I have the best of both worlds

Mike.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:02 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I will probably get lambasted, tar and feathered for this post as many have their different opinions. OR it will turn into a healthy debate

Just my humble opinion..

Mike.
Well what else would you expect since becoming the "Bull" of RC Groups?
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:07 PM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
NW Indiana
Joined Mar 2008
502 Posts
Thanks much Mike.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Well what else would you expect since becoming the "Bull" of RC Groups?
Go pick on someone your own age...big bullfrog

You are welcome Tim..
Old Jul 14, 2012, 03:24 PM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
NW Indiana
Joined Mar 2008
502 Posts
If I got a V4, would I just need to swap out the receiver if I wanted to bind it to my dx8?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 04:51 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehawk View Post
If I got a V4, would I just need to swap out the receiver if I wanted to bind it to my dx8?
if you bought a 4in1, yes.
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,834 Posts
Quote:
This works with my DX6i:
http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=144800
(EFLH1024)
(HELI MODE)...I'm sure "ACRO" will work too. You'll need to reverse ELE and GYRO. No biggie

Before the DX6i, I had it bound to my HP6DSM TX.

Mike.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:16 AM
United States, CT
Joined Jan 2012
18 Posts
Chap1012: That's the tutorial I used... and on doing so it looks ridiculously wrong, lol. It's is totally off just by looking at it. I know I 'm doing something wrong.... Still a newbie at this.
Dali555 is offline Find More Posts by Dali555
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:29 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,667 Posts
Quote:
The answer you got was to replace the whole 4-in-1, not just the receiver as you asked about. The 4-in-1 has both a 3-in-1, which is the motor control and gyro, as well as the receiver. You can buy an "orange" receiver from Hobby King and it will be super cheap, but then you'd have to separate the motor controller from the receiver to do it. This is an old post on how to do what I just described:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...26446&page=775

The orange receiver and any other Spektrum receiver will work. I haven't read about anybody doing this in quite a while.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:52 AM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2009
1,127 Posts
I Spektrumized a V3 2 years ago by just changing out the receiver portion of the 4 in one. Difference is I bound my RX to a DX6i.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post16906142
GRUMPEE is online now Find More Posts by GRUMPEE
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:59 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dali555 View Post
Chap1012: That's the tutorial I used... and on doing so it looks ridiculously wrong, lol. It's is totally off just by looking at it. I know I 'm doing something wrong.... Still a newbie at this.
I had to do a little "back peddling" to find out what the heck you were talking about.

Seems you are still having trouble leveling your swashplate eh? What is wrong with the tutorial on page one of this thread concerning "Klondikes Swashplate Leveling Tutorial"???

It would be helpful if you could put up some close up pics of your swash from the side and especially from the back. At eye level would be best, so we can see the angle of the swash.

Mike.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:11 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,834 Posts
The EFLH1024 4in1 RX is a complete drop in. It doesn't get any easier
It should bind to the DX8 as it does with the DX6i. HH would know.

We are talking about removing the complete Esky 4in1 2.4g brick from the V4 right?

Mike