HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:55 AM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Mike, take the esky BOL brick. Fly then with a 3s battery. Just need a dx8 to do it!!! Sorry, Lee
It's a 4 channel helicopter, why would you need an 8 channel radio to fly it?
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2011, 10:04 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,037 Posts
It is something to do with the signal. I tried it with a dx6i and it did not work. No matter what mixes I tried, I just could not get the rx to talk to the 3in1. Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Oct 06, 2011, 10:20 AM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
But if you were doing it based on just the ppm signal order, why couldn't he use a dx7 to do it which is $200 less?

If he was going to spend that much money wouldn't it be just as easy for him to spend $50 on a Turnigy radio system and try it out with his existing "3in1"??? At least that way he's not out for a $200 radio to fly a $75 helicopter?

Edit:

The easiest solution would be to find an original CX2 4in1. That way you don't have to worry about any issues. Just put it directly into your Lama just like your old 4in1. It will wire straight up.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 10:37 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001 View Post
But if you were doing it based on just the ppm signal order, why couldn't he use a dx7 to do it which is $200 less?

If he was going to spend that much money wouldn't it be just as easy for him to spend $50 on a Turnigy radio system and try it out with his existing "3in1"??? At least that way he's not out for a $200 radio to fly a $75 helicopter?

Edit:

The easiest solution would be to find an original CX2 4in1. That way you don't have to worry about any issues. Just put it directly into your Lama just like your old 4in1. It will wire straight up.
Thanks T. I was thinking the same thing but, it just sounded TOO easy. Do you think my Eflight HP6DSM will bind to it? This particular TX is suppose to be top of the line. Not the SR or "dumbed down" version. A member in the 120SR thread I believe has a dumbed down version and he has his dip switches set quite differently than mine. #4 is up and all the rest down. If that helps.

Mike.

EDIT: My TX is the BCPP2 (EFLH1056). There is a control unit (a 3in 1) and a (4in1 w/bind plug). The 3in1 unit is marked "BCPP" < I wonder if that is more suited for my TX OR the one with the bind plug?.?.?
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1023
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Last edited by Chap1012; Oct 06, 2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 10:46 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,037 Posts
I don't have that particular tx Mike. But, I see know reason why it would not work. Should bind and fly perfect.

Tony, it was a joke between Mike and I. I do not know if a dx7 would be able to fix this ppm assignment problem or not. Honestlly, I have not even tried the dx8 on it myself. Just heard it would work on the forums here. I know there is a magic setup to get a dx6i to do it, I just failed at the attempt myself. Lee
Old Oct 06, 2011, 11:46 AM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
A DX7 would fix it. The DX6i is the only radio that has the ppm order issue.

Mike, as long as you can disable CCPM mixing on the radio it shouldn't be an issue. If you're already using it to control a 4 channel fixed pitch chopper it shouldn't be a problem.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 02:26 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Thanks again T. Did you see my "EDIT" on my previous post with the link I provided?
Quote:
Right below. Would you mind taking a peek and "In Your Most Humble Opinion" which unit would be most suited for my HP6DSM (DSM2: BCPP2) (Stck# EFLH1056)?

I can always ask Helidirect to get some units in. Looks like they have nothing. If I knew, I could have asked them today when I was there....and..

EDIT: My TX is the BCPP2 (EFLH1056). There is a control unit (a 3in 1) and a (4in1 w/bind plug). The 3in1 unit is marked "BCPP" < I wonder if that is more suited for my TX OR the one with the bind plug?.?.?
Quote:
A DX7 would fix it. The DX6i is the only radio that has the ppm order issue.

Mike, as long as you can disable CCPM mixing on the radio it shouldn't be an issue. If you're already using it to control a 4 channel fixed pitch chopper it shouldn't be a problem.
I don't know how to disable CCPM. An in depth manual is impossible to get. Anyway, I have my 120SR and my mcX both bound to it. No issues at all. Bound both on first try. Thanks.

Mike.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 02:30 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,037 Posts
I think Tony was talking about a different tx Mike. Yours should work just fine with a cx2/3 brick. Heck it would work on a old cx brick even.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 02:44 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
Look on page 23 of the Blade CP Pro 2 manual and it tells what all the dip switches are.

Quote:
For added reference, the following are the functions and available settings for each dip switch (default settings for
the Blade CP Pro 2 are underlined):

Dip Switch 1*
Up—Channel 1/Throttle channel reversed
Down—Channel 1/Throttle channel normal
*For safety, channel 1/throttle channel reversing can only be changed when the transmitter is powered off. All
other dip switch positions/functions can be changed while the transmitter is powered on.

Dip Switch 2
Up—Channel 2/Aileron channel reversed
Down—Channel 2/Aileron channel normal

Dip Switch 3
Up—Channel 3/Elevator channel reversed
Down—Channel 3/Elevator channel normal

Dip Switch 4
Up—Channel 4/Rudder channel reversed
Down—Channel 4/Rudder channel normal

Dip Switch 5
Up—Channel 5/Gear channel reversed
Down—Channel 5/Gear channel normal

Dip Switch 6
Up—Channel 6/Pitch channel reversed
Down—Channel 6/Pitch channel normal

Dip Switch 7
Up—Helicopter Mode (Channel 6 becomes pitch channel)
Down—Airplane Mode (Channel 6 becomes an extra aileron channel)

Dip Switch 8*
Up—120-degree Cyclic Collective Pitch Mixing (CCPM)
Down—Standard mixing
*Only functions when in helicopter mode.

Dip Switch 9*
Up—Rudder/Elevator (Ruddervator/V-Tail) mixing
Down—No mixing
*Only functions when in airplane mode, and no function if switch 10 is in the up position.

Dip Switch 10*
Up—Elevator/Aileron (Elevon) mixing
Down—No mixing
*Only functions when in airplane mode, and no function if switch 9 is in the up position.
From the way it reads switch 7,8,9, and 10 need to be down to fly a coaxial with it.
Switches 7 and 8 need to be in the up position to fly a ccpm chopper with it.

The 4in1 is cheaper at $50 than buying both the receiver and the 3in1. I would not buy any 4in1 unless it's designed for the chopper. I'm unfamiliar with the CP Pro 3in1, but I have to assume it uses the mixer to mix the rudder to the main blades. That means it's designed to send less current to the one channel than the one driving the main blades. Definitely not suited to flying a coaxial.
Last edited by Barak1001; Oct 06, 2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 03:03 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
I think Tony was talking about a different tx Mike. Yours should work just fine with a cx2/3 brick. Heck it would work on a old cx brick even.
Lee, here is the brick for the CX2 (large pic). Look to the right and you'll see some other units as well. The one on the bottom says for "BCPP". It doesn't
indicate what heli it is for. BTW, the one in the center is also for a CX2

However my TX is a "DSM2: BCPP2". Weird. Maybe I should just call HH...No? I wonder if they would really know. Thanks Lee.

Mike.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 03:24 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
Look up Mike, I already gave you instructions on how to turn off and on CCPM. As far as 3in1/4in1 units I already commented on that as well.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 03:26 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,330 Posts
Quote:
Lee, here is the brick for the CX2 (large pic). Look to the right and you'll see some other units as well. The one on the bottom says for "BCPP". It doesn't
indicate what heli it is for. BTW, the one in the center is also for a CX2

However my TX is a "DSM2: BCPP2". Weird. Maybe I should just call HH...No? I wonder if they would really know. Thanks Lee.

Mike.
BCP(P,2) is for Blade CP, Blade CP Pro or Blade CP Pro2 ... all of these are single rotor, ie one main, one tail motor helis ... this means the integrated mixer is gonna mess you up.
You can only use the ones that specifically say CX without risking problems with the motor speeds (pot "knob"). The middle one on the right still includes the receiver, which is a principle that was abandoned with the last (or second to last) CX2 generation.
The assignment of channels - and that is the part that "decides" if you can use the RX and bind it to your TX without ANY mods - however is identical with all the EFlite 4ch models I know ... but different to the Esky ones.

Essentially really the best idea would (IMMHO) be what KJ suggested a few posts ago - get a used CX2 on ebay (fine even "simply for parts", as long as there is an explicit statement that the 3in1 works) and transfer the electronic parts you need over to your V4!

Just my 2 cents from FAR away ...

E2
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Oct 06, 2011, 03:36 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,474 Posts
Hey T, yes, I've seen those dip switch settings before over on the 120SR thread. A member had to use a combo of 3 dip switch settings. On my TX (same model stamped on front) the #4 is in the up position. All others are down.

So, we know I can fly my coax (mcX) and my 120SR (FP).

To my knowledge there are three flavors. The first HP6DSM is clearly stamped "Blade SR." The second one is what I've heard as "dumbed down". I assume this is the one that member had to play with the dip switches. The third, (which a good Friend gave me) is suppose to be the best of the three. This could hold true especially where I can bind a coax and a FP with just one dip switch setting...#4 up (rudder channel reversed)...the rest down, that's it! HHMM..."rudder channel reversed"..

Mike.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 03:45 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
By dumbed down they mean it's got expo built into it to make it easier to hover the SR. As far as I know all of those transmitters have it, though they may have adjusted the amount since they first released the SR.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 04:02 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,474 Posts
Quote:

The 4in1 is cheaper at $50 than buying both the receiver and the 3in1. I would not buy any 4in1 unless it's designed for the chopper. I'm unfamiliar with the CP Pro 3in1, but I have to assume it uses the mixer to mix the rudder to the main blades. That means it's designed to send less current to the one channel than the one driving the main blades. Definitely not suited to flying a coaxial.
Cheaper at $50.00??? On the link I provided? That threw me off...

Mike.