SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 03, 2011, 12:01 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
OK, so I was out in the back yard testing some new velcro that will hold my Rhino 750's in the credit card mod. I would come around about two feet off the deck and do some semi-hard bunny hops on the hot top/concrete, take off circle around and repeat. Coming around on one of the passes, I came a bit too close to the deck, caught a piece of standing grass and pulled her down. I thought I had time to kill the throttle but, she did the chicken dance until I got to her and pulled the plug. Later, I did a bench test and she seemed ok. There was just one quick twitch after the blades stopped. (BTW, it's a 72mhz)

Question: Why did it continue to do a chicken dance after the crash until I disconnected the batt? And, on the bench test it seemed ok? I was expecting the 4in1 would be fried as I wasn't sure if I killed the throttle fast enough.

Mike.
BTW what? What was that you said? It's what frequency?
"Now, you see the mageek of the 2.4Ghz, Doctor Jones" (from Indiana Jones and the Curse of the 72Mhz Helicopter). I had mine do that exact same thing once except I didn't crash it, it seemed to fall out of the sky all on its own. I see a new 2.4Ghz version in your Christmas stocking, Mikey. BUT, you have to be a vewwwy vewwwy good boy, you wittle waskle!!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2011, 12:50 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001 View Post
Crystal knocked loose a bit maybe?

Not a big fan of FM systems.
I checked this after the crash and it does seem tight. I do on occasion pull the crystal and check out it's little legs, clean them with alcohol and give them a little spread if I feel it needs it. Will do another go over to be sure. Thanks T.
BTW, I think I bought the last 72mhz back in Dec. of 2007.

@Jack Now that I have a Spektrum HP6DSM TX for my 120SR I'm thinking about a conversion for the V4. I really haven't started my search on how to do this yet but, it doesn't sound all that difficult...I think

You always seem to whack me every chance you get on my 72mhz...YOU!!!

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 03, 2011, 01:55 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
11,758 Posts
Mike,

I used to fly on 72mhz... and the glitch you saw is probably the source of what brought you down. Something stronger than your signal was close enough to that frequency to keep the heli dancing around. If it looks ok... it might be. But, you'll still continue to get glitches on that frequency. Lucky you didn't blow the mofsets.

Buzz
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Oct 04, 2011, 05:21 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,884 Posts
Quote:
I checked this after the crash and it does seem tight. I do on occasion pull the crystal and check out it's little legs, clean them with alcohol and give them a little spread if I feel it needs it. Will do another go over to be sure. Thanks T.
BTW, I think I bought the last 72mhz back in Dec. of 2007.

@Jack Now that I have a Spektrum HP6DSM TX for my 120SR I'm thinking about a conversion for the V4. I really haven't started my search on how to do this yet but, it doesn't sound all that difficult...I think

You always seem to whack me every chance you get on my 72mhz...YOU!!!

Mike.
OK, buddy, I'll show you some mercy and even help you out:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8274
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post12032377
This is all stuff used on an HBFP, but the same module by the same company. In the case of my Guru Z FP heli, the guy used an Eflite 3-in-1 because it supposedly can handle a little more current draw from the motor. Good luck.
P.S. I had to remove a link to a You Tube video because the owner has removed it. Too bad, videos are great how to communication tools.
Old Oct 04, 2011, 09:53 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
OK, buddy, I'll show you some mercy and even help you out:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8274
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post12032377
This is all stuff used on an HBFP, but the same module by the same company. In the case of my Guru Z FP heli, the guy used an Eflite 3-in-1 because it supposedly can handle a little more current draw from the motor. Good luck.
P.S. I had to remove a link to a You Tube video because the owner has removed it. Too bad, videos are great how to communication tools.
Much appreciated Jack but, somehow I still don't get it. I was just thinking of buying a EFlight 3in1 put that in the V4 and then bind it with the EFlight HP6DSM. In the instructions you provided, it looks like he is using a combo of the 72mhz brick with an AR6100. I won't mind putting a few bucks out to make it simple and just buy a complete brick rather than messing around with wiring and soldering. And what's a "back servo" and a "front servo" in the instructions

There must be an easier way...

Mike.
Old Oct 04, 2011, 04:55 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
11,758 Posts
Quote:
Much appreciated Jack but, somehow I still don't get it. I was just thinking of buying a EFlight 3in1 put that in the V4 and then bind it with the EFlight HP6DSM. In the instructions you provided, it looks like he is using a combo of the 72mhz brick with an AR6100. I won't mind putting a few bucks out to make it simple and just buy a complete brick rather than messing around with wiring and soldering. And what's a "back servo" and a "front servo" in the instructions

There must be an easier way...

Mike.
Maybe there is, Mike. I have some Esky Tx's here ... 2.4ghz... and I think I might be able to come up with a Big Lama brick, which includes the receiver.
It would stay at 4 channels.... but I can't see why it wouldn't work.
Then, you'd be flying on 2.4 ghz and not have to worry as much about interference. I'll go dig trough some stuff... and if I find the parts you need, I'll send them to you free. I just don't know how the BOL stuff would work in a Lama 4.... I think it will work. Do you need servos too? I have plenty of them ..... Let me know.

Buzz
Old Oct 04, 2011, 08:34 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,474 Posts
Whoa, thanks Buzz. Hold on a sec. It's not an ESky 2.4g I'm trying to bind with!!! I have an EFlight TX! A HP6DSM that I have my Blade Eflight 120SR FP and my EFlight Blade mcX bound to it. I would like to get a EFlight brick mounted in my V4 so I can bind with my EFlight TX (HP6DSM). What I'm trying to do is eliminate the extra TX and put all my models on the HP6DSM (EFlight). You see....clear as mud
Thanks again Buzz. Very generous of you
Other ideas

Mike.
Old Oct 04, 2011, 08:59 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,037 Posts
Mike, take the esky BOL brick. Fly then with a 3s battery. Just need a dx8 to do it!!! Sorry, Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Oct 05, 2011, 03:45 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,884 Posts
Sorry, Mike, I misread what you were doing. I read Spektrumize and got off on the wrong foot. I thought you were saving the Esky 3-in-1 and adding a Spektrum receiver. Your problem is the reciever, not the 3-in-1. Buying a whole Eflite set up is $$$$. You might as well just buy a used CX2 and transfer parts from the Lama over as spare parts. I'm to that point with my Lama. Do I buy a new Lama 4 or do I use my Lama's parts on my CX2? I went through the same ordeal with a Walkera 5G6-1 palm size heli I fly in the house during the Winter. I bought a BP Hobbies close out 5G6-1 because mine needed a new receiver, but the problems with the heli are still the same. I just recently bought an MCX-2 and there just isn't any comparison. The MCX-2 is 10X the heli.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 09:40 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Mike, take the esky BOL brick. Fly then with a 3s battery. Just need a dx8 to do it!!! Sorry, Lee
I don't suppose you have about $350.00 in your mattress now do you?

Mike.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 09:50 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,474 Posts
Jack You are really liking that mcX2 huh? Nice little heli. As far as transfering the parts from the V4 to the CX2 doesn't appeal to me. I'm not a big CX2 fan. For starters, I don't like the motor positioning...side by side = a lot of motor heat Don't get me wrong, I like their electronics but, EFlight (IMHO) dropped the ball setting the motors side by side. You can argue until your blue in the face and from here to Timbuktu about the great CG, FFF, etc, etc. Okey Dokey Ha, ha...

Mike.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 10:59 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
11,758 Posts
Quote:
Whoa, thanks Buzz. Hold on a sec. It's not an ESky 2.4g I'm trying to bind with!!! I have an EFlight TX! A HP6DSM that I have my Blade Eflight 120SR FP and my EFlight Blade mcX bound to it. I would like to get a EFlight brick mounted in my V4 so I can bind with my EFlight TX (HP6DSM). What I'm trying to do is eliminate the extra TX and put all my models on the HP6DSM (EFlight). You see....clear as mud
Thanks again Buzz. Very generous of you
Other ideas

Mike.
Ok, I misunderstood. I see what you're doing... but I don't think I can help with the Eflight stuff.... but don't give up on it!

Buzz
Old Oct 05, 2011, 02:53 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,884 Posts
Quote:
Jack You are really liking that mcX2 huh? Nice little heli. As far as transfering the parts from the V4 to the CX2 doesn't appeal to me. I'm not a big CX2 fan. For starters, I don't like the motor positioning...side by side = a lot of motor heat Don't get me wrong, I like their electronics but, EFlight (IMHO) dropped the ball setting the motors side by side. You can argue until your blue in the face and from here to Timbuktu about the great CG, FFF, etc, etc. Okey Dokey Ha, ha...

Mike.
After this weekend, with the nice weather, you won't have to sweat this until late April or early May. By then, who knows who will come out with what? You might just end up with this:
http://helidirect.com/a300-c-1_29_223_1258.hdx
Old Oct 05, 2011, 05:04 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
After this weekend, with the nice weather, you won't have to sweat this until late April or early May. By then, who knows who will come out with what? You might just end up with this:
http://helidirect.com/a300-c-1_29_223_1258.hdx
Jack, I am shocked You know I'm not a scale fuse fan

Mike.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 03:45 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,884 Posts
Quote:
Jack, I am shocked You know I'm not a scale fuse fan

Mike.
I'm not either, but with our experience and ability to keep it in the air without a lot of maintenance, the fuse could stay on a while and then the Lama 4 stuff we already have could be swapped over. If I were to go for a full fuse that I really like the looks of, it would be the Jet Ranger fuse. I've seen them for the CX2, but not for the Lama 4.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Flite-EFLH...item5ae27b35f7
Hey, look at that. The price is down considerably!!